Were you a Rider or Spectator between 1957-1963?

PJMiddleton

Hi,

I'm the son of Norton rider Peter Middleton.

A feature-length documentary called "The Fastest Lap" is being made that is to cover motorcycle racing in the late 50's and early 60's, mainly at Oliver's Mount, Mallory Park, Cadwell Park and the Isle of Man.

If you were a rider, race official or even a spectator during this period, who would allow an interview, please let me know. I'm willing to travel anywhere in the UK for just an hour of your time.

Best Regards,
Pete Middleton

3 hours ago, goat said:

Can't help you Pete, but sounds a great project.

Thanks for the comment, Goat! - You can find it on IMDB although the release date isn't scheduled until December 2022 (although it may take longer than that, thinking about it!)

3 hours ago, S-Westerly said:

I'm an old git and I wasn't born until 1957 so there won't be many left but the best of luck and I hope you find a few.

Thanks for your comment, S-Westerly. You're right, there isn't many left. I think it would widen my chances by trying to interview son's and daughters of these legends.

2 hours ago, keith1200rs said:

I looked through my father's old photos from Oliver's Mount but couldn't find any of Peter Middleton.  I think the photos are a little too early- mostly 1949. My father was a press photographer in Scarborough then. Sorry I couldn't help.

Thanks for trying Keith. It's a breath of fresh air hearing of something "earlier" than what I'm looking for!

Good luck with this .... I can't help, I was just another ill thought out consideration of my dads back then! 😂  Try posting a request on here http://www.ttwebsite.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=12 Lots of older bikers and race lovers on there, someone may be able to help 👍

Edited by manxie49
Spelling

On 19/09/2021 at 10:45, manxie49 said:

Good luck with this .... I can't help, I was just another ill thought out consideration of my dads back then! 😂  Try posting a request on here http://www.ttwebsite.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=12 Lots of older bikers and race lovers on there, someone may be able to help 👍

Excellent mate. Another ill thought out consideration - love it.

Thank you very much for this - will do.