4T 125cc Scooter Rebuild. Coolant Question.

SloRider125

Hi all

Bike is a Honda Dylan 125 (SES125-04) 4T Carbed.

Rebuilt after 2 years being off the road. I'm not a mechanic, I just used a combination of Haynes Manual, Blowup diagrams from fowlers-parts and youtube videos.

After getting everything connected, I've filled with coolant (Along with all the other needed fluids). Ran the bike for 30 mins on idle, after bleeding the coolant system.

The bike only has a warning light for temperature, no guages. The pipe from the top of radiator is Hot(ish) to touch, the bottom pipe is a little cooler than the top pipe. How to tell if the coolant system is succesfully working correctly. I'm aware the fan doesn't actually kick in until it reaches a certain temperature. I am aware there is tests for the temp sender, but don't have appropriate tools.

Is the only way to really check, is to take the bike out for a run?
I'm also aware that due to this being a rebuild, I will have to take care for the first 500-1000 miles.