Rantmachine's Nightmare

MotorcycleMasochist

After typing my bikes registration into google out of pure curiosity, I fell down the rabbit hole of Rantmachine's tribulations with it. I have to say all the hard work you've done is really paying off for me 😆

In all honesty though, I've spent around £1000 in parts and tools, majority of which in the first year of owning it fixing problems caused by neglect, but since then it's been nearly completely trouble free.

The worst problem I've had is getting the swingarm pivot out, after a week of it lying down in a shed hitting it with a sledge hammer and blasting with impact wrenches I finally pulled out the angle grinder and carved the entire swingarm out piece by piece. The swingarm bearings were completely rust welded to the shaft and even out of the bike they wouldnt come apart, luckily a new swingarm and pivot on ebay with good condition bearings only cost £60 😀

I've owned it for nearly two and a half years now and I don't think I'll be selling it any time soon (not that anyone on this forum would be interested 😆)

A happy 11th registered owner 🙂

647835075_F650GS-Copy.thumb.jpeg.92e14231cad4eb9f421bb2a0d2507c8a.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

Holy crap it's back to haunt me 🤣 (but at least it isn't the Lexmoto)

I do actually kinda miss that one at times. It would've been a pretty nice bike if it hadn't been in such shite condition when I got it! By the time it was all fixed up, I didn't want to see it again 😅

I'm glad it has a decent home, although more than a little pissed to hear the the interim home neglected it once again. I remember what a bast*rd it was getting the swingarm off the first time I did it, too!

Edited by RantMachine
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, RantMachine said:

Oh, and PLEASE tell me that's not the same damned Tourance rear / TKC80 front that it was wearing when I sold it half a decade ago...

Haha, no they're pretty new tyres despite how worn they look, I think one of the previous owners left it sitting outside for a long time, I was told by the guy I bought it off that the rear brakes were completely siezed when he bought it, and a lot of the electrics were acting wonky from corrosion after I'd been driving it for a couple months. It's in pretty good shape now, glad to let you know how it's going, I always wonder what happened to things I used to own.

• Like 4