Petrol

Mississippi Bullfrog

Wife gets her new car today, the dealer having promised to put £15 worth of petrol in it, as it is showing red on the fuel gauge. First job is to do a 10 mile circuit, which takes us past 10 petrol stations, so hopefully.... Like me, she works in care. I have enough fuel for getting to work for the next couple of weeks. But if I have to share my car with the wife, we will be struggling by next week.

There needs to be a panic buying law, £30 max sale and no fuel cans.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Throttled said:

There needs to be a panic buying law, £30 max sale and no fuel cans.

If you want to stop "panic" buying a better way would be for a minimum buy(for cars) of £50 .. and no cans! .. That would stop people with 3/4 full tank from topping up.

Edited by KiwiBob

15 minutes ago, KiwiBob said:

If you want to stop "panic" buying a better way would be for a minimum buy(for cars) of £50 .. and no cans! .. That would stop people with 3/4 full tank from topping up.

£50 is one and a half day's work where I work, and most of the people I work with do not have £50 to fill up. They survive on £10 top ups.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KiwiBob said:

I don't think my wife's car would hold £50 even from empty.

4 hours ago, KiwiBob said:

Definitely won't work for us as with a 30 litre tank even from empty its not going to make 50 quid.

The garage I used to work at always kept 500 litres or so as spare for staff and emergency services. I think that was more to do with the manager of the site rather than a company rule though.

8 minutes ago, Pie man said:

If you want to stop the general public from panic buying you will have to gag the British Media, we wouldn't be in this mess if they hadn't misconstrued the morons general public with their news story. 

This whole thing, as was toilet gate is driven by the media lead fuckwits, if they had reported petrol melts tanks and ruins engines, the price would plummet and stations would be empty 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Bender said:

This whole thing, as was toilet gate is driven by the media lead fuckwits, if they had reported petrol melts tanks and ruins engines, the price would plummet and stations would be empty 

You don't think this was a clever strategy to get rid of a whole lot of E10 petrol which as we all know will corrode your warp coils and increase wear in the flux capacitor?

• Haha 2

The split on twitter is roughly 50/50 as to tales of no fuel and got fuel without much difficulty. The cities have it worse, more remote places easiest.

It is wrong to blame the media. They have been reporting on shortages for a while, of all sorts of products. Why people chose to react to fuel supply issues with a panic, is one for the sociologists and psychologists to explain. Like toilet roll, fuel maybe triggers a certain response that causes panic. Maybe we need this to happen a few times, before people realise that they don't need to panic.

1 hour ago, Throttled said:

The split on twitter is roughly 50/50 as to tales of no fuel and got fuel without much difficulty. The cities have it worse, more remote places easiest.

It is wrong to blame the media. They have been reporting on shortages for a while, of all sorts of products. Why people chose to react to fuel supply issues with a panic, is one for the sociologists and psychologists to explain. Like toilet roll, fuel maybe triggers a certain response that causes panic. Maybe we need this to happen a few times, before people realise that they don't need to panic.

People in general are fuckwits. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, James in Brum said:

No fuel at all on my ride to work. I can get home later but may not be able to get into work for the rest of the week.

I'm not sure where in Brum you are James if you are near Frankley the motorway services has fuel and isnt too much higher in price to the average forecourt and you can access it without going onto the motorway 

• Like 1

On 27/09/2021 at 12:41, Throttled said:

£50 is one and a half day's work where I work, and most of the people I work with do not have £50 to fill up. They survive on £10 top ups.

Even using super u/l mine doesn't take £50, so that thinking would screw many an owner. 🤨