Petrol

Mississippi Bullfrog

7 minutes ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

It's a pity you don't live near us, there's loads of diesel going free - all over the roads. It must be far too cheap considering how much of it gets thrown all over the place.

With the increase of fuel theft where tanks are drilled etc ...

Doesn't fully drain tank 99% of thetime  and as vehicle moves it sloshes out as the driver may realise that tank is empty by gauge but unsure how .

On 27/09/2021 at 12:25, KiwiBob said:

If you want to stop "panic" buying a better way would be for a minimum buy(for cars) of £50 .. and no cans! .. That would stop people with 3/4 full tank from topping up.

It's near impossible to say no cans. I did my mod 1 recently. Usually they fill up the bikes while out on the road but one guy had to drive around with Jerry cans to find a station open to get fuel. 

Hopefully it will all calm down soon

On 27/09/2021 at 12:25, KiwiBob said:

If you want to stop "panic" buying a better way would be for a minimum buy(for cars) of £50 .. and no cans! .. That would stop people with 3/4 full tank from topping up.

If you really want to stop panic buying then ban the media :D 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Tiggie said:

I'm off to Scotland in two weeks. Really better of calmed down by then! :lol:

So long as you have enough to get here, it has been relatively calm and we have had few problems.

It is Scotland's oil after all .......

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, daveinlim said:

It's near impossible to say no cans. I did my mod 1 recently. Usually they fill up the bikes while out on the road but one guy had to drive around with Jerry cans to find a station open to get fuel. 

Hopefully it will all calm down soon

Fine oop North 😁 

Well tomorrow my wife and I are heading up to Barnard Castle and I'll see my older grandsons for the first time since last January. Then on Wednesday I'll be seeing my parents in Morpeth. Unfortunately I'll be in the car not on the bike which given the forecast of heavy rains may not be a bad thing. Hopefully fuel won't be an issue.

I got fuel for the bike last week from our local Tesco - I also have a van that runs on LPG. I caused a bit of a stir when I went to Morrisons to fill up with LPG. The queue for the petrol was being managed by staff who had created a nice orderly queue around the carpark. I sat there for a while and then thought why am I queuing (only two petrol pumps in operation) I pulled out of the queue and drove straight to the LPG pump and started filling up. I noted several cars had also left the queue to follow me. One guy even pulled up behind me and shouted well spotted mate. I never responded and carried on sheepishly, the look on his face when the discharge of gas escapes when detaching the pump from the van was priceless.  🤣🤣  

• Haha 1

South East are still panic buying, long queues here in Surrey. 

Lots of 4x4s brimming their tank with £3 to transport their little sprogs to the local school.

Priorities.

33 minutes ago, rob m said:

South East are still panic buying, long queues here in Surrey. 

Lots of 4x4s brimming their tank with £3 to transport their little sprogs to the local school.

Priorities.

I just don't understand this. I've heard lots of first hand accounts of people topping up their cars with £5 or so. Why would you bother. It would boily blood to see it myself. Lucky I've not had to fill my bike yet. Joys of a 125 that does over 100mpg

3 hours ago, S-Westerly said:

Well tomorrow my wife and I are heading up to Barnard Castle and I'll see my older grandsons for the first time since last January. Then on Wednesday I'll be seeing my parents in Morpeth. Unfortunately I'll be in the car not on the bike which given the forecast of heavy rains may not be a bad thing. Hopefully fuel won't be an issue.

It won't be, a few of the chain ones have 30 limits but supermarkets and rest are normal and no queues. 

• Thanks 1