My centre stand.

Bill_on_a_bike

When i got my bike, it would sit with it's front wheel about an inch or so off the ground, on its centre stand. Now the bike sits on both wheels while on the centre stand.

I've been very careful not to sit on the bike with the stand down, so as not to bend it, is it possible that some stops from the hinge of the stand have gone allowing it to sit further forward than normal? Or do i need a new stand?

When i got my bike, it would sit with it's front wheel about an inch or so off the ground, on its centre stand. Now the bike sits on both wheels while on the centre stand.

I've been very careful not to sit on the bike with the stand down, so as not to bend it, is it possible that some stops from the hinge of the stand have gone allowing it to sit further forward than normal? Or do i need a new stand?

You might need a new stand, if it were me I'd put it on the stand and make sure all the oil is off it and inspect it carefully.

not that I really know, but could it be perhaps your front suspension has "loosened" out a bit?

Maybe, if the stand didn't look so beaten up and rusty i would suspect so. But when the stand is such a likely candidate i'm not gna scare myself with front fork nightmares.

I'll give it a clean up and see what i can see, try and hunt a new one down on ebay

I had a centre stand go on one of mine once, and it started doing the same thing. You could always take it off and get it welded, but its probably easier and cheaper to get one from a breakers.