On this day .

fastbob

On this day William Shatner went into space . Listening to his reaction afterwards moved me to tears . This should have happened years ago . NASA could have made Space Shuttle places available to artists ,  poets and musicians or anyone who would be able to express their feelings about the experience of space flight . 

• Like 2

Claiming that this is going into space is the same as me saying "I'm going out" then walk to the end of the garden and come back again 🙄

Stupidly rich people playing with stupidly expensive toys because they have nothing better to do.

I watched this live, I couldn't miss Captain Kirk going into space.

He was clearly overwhelmed by it all. I've heard before how the perspective of how thin our atmosphere is changed by the experience, and can imagine these feelings being shared will be important in the future when it comes to looking after the planet. 

I think it's great, as even a toy for the rich, it's driving technology that is beneficial. If we don't destroy ourselves, we will one day need a way off this rock. 

4 hours ago, goat said:

Talentless hack should have been fired towards the sun in the bezos vanity cock. 

An illogical decision . 🖖

Screenshot_20211013-133846.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, fastbob said:

An illogical decision . 🖖

Screenshot_20211013-133846.png

I've changed my mind seeing that photo. With that level of talent he should be held in very high regard. Exactly the kind of person we need to populate a terraformed planet to replace landfill Earth. I only hope he'll live long enough to spunk his beans up a willing moon donor or maybe just over Bransons beard.

William Shatner has always been aware of the limits of his talent but a read of his extensive career will show that despite this he never gave up . Unlike some of the fragile , talentless twats that abound these days , he never gave up . I admire the bloke . 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Tiggie said:

For my money  they invited the wrong Captain :lol:

patrick-stewart-memoir-book-star-trek-tng-picard.jpg

Dear God no, just no, wife bought me some tickets to see a show (dross) he was in, he was main actor, we snuck off at half time, he was so wooden we thought termites might have eaten him by now. 

Least Shatner would have been funny. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I have fond memories as a child watching Star Trek with my dad. 

One one occasion I said 'Dad I wish I could have been shot in to space'

My dad turned to me and said calmly 'well son. If I hadn't have been pissed you would've been' 🤣🤣

'Taxi' :seeya:

• Haha 7

4 minutes ago, Pie man said:

I have fond memories as a child watching Star Trek with my dad. 

One one occasion I said 'Dad I wish I could have been shot in to space'

My dad turned to me and said calmly 'well son. If I hadn't have been pissed you would've been' 🤣🤣

'Taxi' :seeya:

There is such a thing as too much information.

35 minutes ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

There is such a thing as too much information.

I know. Maybe it should've gone in the entertainment section under 'your worst joke' and that's what is it my worst joke 😂 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Six30 said:

There is only one Star Trek and its the one with William Shatner in

That's the spirit . 

Polish_20211014_203747125.png

Edited by fastbob
  • Like 1

If the folks spending the billions are spending their own cash as opposed to a government's what's the issue? Government's are wasteful and inept and constrained by the electoral cycle; individuals aren't. 

• Like 2

@Bender I've always been a big fan of his, I actually pushed for my wife to study at Huddersfield university as he was the chancellor at the time and I thought I might have half a chance of meeting him at her graduation :lol:

He was in America filming during her ceremony :crybaby:

13 minutes ago, Tiggie said:

@Bender I've always been a big fan of his, I actually pushed for my wife to study at Huddersfield university as he was the chancellor at the time and I thought I might have half a chance of meeting him at her graduation :lol:

He was in America filming during her ceremony :crybaby:

I was too until the fateful night at the Theatre Royal. 

• Like 1