Can anyone reccomend good tank bags? I currently have a Baglux tank cover and tank bag which ar pretty good but they are for my Speed 4 and won't fit my Morinin when it arrives (so if anyone wants a blue tank cover and bag for a Speed 4 let me know :D ). Baglux don't appear to manufacture anything for Morinis yet so I guess I'm back to magnetic bags, although I'm a little hesitant to stick anything on my shiny new tank....don't want to scratch it :oops:

Anyone have any thoughts or reccomendations?

tank bags have a habit of scratching....

That's what I'd heard :( Was the reason I bought the Baglux stuff in the first place. Although a cargo net would have been a lot cheaper :lol: I'll maybe give that a go although I find tank bags quite handy for sticking maps in the top of...

Guest philgale

That's what I'd heard :( Was the reason I bought the Baglux stuff in the first place. Although a cargo net would have been a lot cheaper :lol: I'll maybe give that a go although I find tank bags quite handy for sticking maps in the top of...

nar....getting lost is half the fun....

you can always get a stick on map holder, least you wont be using it everyday...

or get those stick on tank protectors, only way to describe them is cling film that sticks on your tank (fitted so you cant see it tho) then tank bag woudlnt scratch....

or you can just realise it will get scratched.....my bikes about 3 months old now and got scratched....

I recommend Oxford Sprint luggage holders. They have some that can attach to the tank and even better some that attach to the pillion seat. They are a good size and don't get in the way. You can also add sections to a rear bag as well just in case your going on a big trip.

I used one and they come with a headphone port so the radio was in the bag and i was talking to my dad without the lumpy radio in my pocket that made lying flat on the tank at speed really uncomfortable.

Try SW Motech - they are available through Hein Gericke.

The bag is like a hard shell with a fixing system on the bottom.

This clipsonto a fitting that fits onto the petrol filler surround. Keeps the bag off the tank, easy removal for refuelling and sturdy.

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r183/Hoody_photo/daypack2.jpg

Guest philgale
I recommend Oxford Sprint luggage holders.

:stupid: the only tank bag i use is this one, fits my camera phones and wallet in perfectly...

just make sure its free from grit and general crap before i put it on...

http://www.bitzforbikes.co.uk/photo/OF685.JPG

If you buy a tailback and ride the bike backwards, you can still see your map..........Simple really!! :D

Dammit...the solution was so simple! Why didn't I think of that :shock:

Like the look of the SW Motech and the Oxford ones. I'll have to go see what I can find at the weekend :) Thanks all!

I have a tiny tank bag from M&P. Tiny because of the boob/tank interface problem...

It seems to do the job OK though and only cost £30 about 12 years ago...

I suspect this won't be an issue for me :shock:

But if I'd had a bit of foresight and bought one a decade ago I could have saved myself loads of money :lol:

Tiny because of the boob/tank interface problem...

Ohhh, do you have big boobs? Keep talking baby

http://www.weddingdressguy.com/images/pervert.jpg

best bet is to get a cargo net and strap a bag to the pillion seat

Good idea but little dave (The Boy Not The BIke) keeps getting his legs stuck through the netting. Its a swine getting him off again. :wink: