The BMW C1 - Helmet or No Helmet?

Bill_on_a_bike

<t>Should C1 riders have to wear helmets?</t>  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Should C1 riders have to wear helmets?

• Yes
    • No

In my eyes you can still fall off it like a normal bike and hit your head hence I would wear a helmet, but IMO if someone doesn't want to wear their helmet that's fine by me, more organs for the transplant department :)

http://www.kevinboone.com/mc_c1_3.jpg

Personally, I would wear one as it seems a little stupid not to. I've seen those C1's wobbling about on the road aswell. Don't look the most roadworthy things...

I can see the guys point, but if your stupid enough to rid without a lid you shouldn't really be on the roads :?

:shock: first time I seen that pile of cack--anyone who buys one can't have much in their head to protect so the answer must be no--and they are bound to fall out but it wouldn't matter :wink:

Ha, I saw one today and I dont know why but i just burst out laughing :D

Yes, I would wear a helmet, although I'd have brain damage anyway for buying one.

From those crash tests, it looks like the head is less of an immediate problem but getting your hands and feet trapped under it. At least on a bike you normally become separated.

Guest philgale
From those crash tests, it looks like the head is less of an immediate problem but getting your hands and feet trapped under it. At least on a bike you normally become separated.

but that can be the problem.....normally its not the initial collision that causes it more of what you hit sliding down the road or as you land....

so in theory the c1 could be one of the safest bikes/scooters/whatever it is around...

They must only go on those meets purely to reassure themselves that there are many other people out there looking quite as foolish as them.

I like the ones who give the slow wave on the approach. Like royalty or something.

Two words: no shame...

If anyone wants to know more

"The C1 was designed from the outset to be ridden without protective clothing, provided that the rider is wearing the seatbelts. There are impact-absorbing bumpers to the sides and at the front of the bike, and of course there's the roof."

And "It's worth remembering that the C1-200 is a motorcycle in the eyes of UK law, and requires a full motorcycle license to ride"

And if you really, really want to know more about it - http://www.kevinboone.com/mc-c1-200.html

Edited by Anonymous

What about this then............

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r183/Hoody_photo/kwakc1.jpg

lol yeh hoody....we already ripped the p1ss outta that one on another thread whilst u were away!