hyosung??

Guest planet_125

hey iv not really heard much about them but they seem to be quite a good company, any views on opinions on them as i may go and view one tonight and i need to know what to look out for. thanks jake

The GT250R EFI model is brilliant. It handles brilliantly, its built like a big bike and it goes like stink. I had a friends at 115mph on an old runway. Does 0-60mph in 5.5 seconds and whatever you've heard about its build quality is wrong.

It was designed and built by 2 chief engineers from Suzuki and the claim was based on some rusty bolts, which to be fair will rust on any bike because if their not holding the entire bike up and giving it structural support then they dont need to be rust resistant.

I wouldn't touch one with a barge pole :!:

None of them have had glowing reports in the press.

Depreciate like a lead balloon too.

Apologies for the lack of tact. :wink:

Yes but they only depreciate so far. When you get the 250 its usually a long term commitment because they are long term bikes with exceptional reliability no review could point out, (They just make assumptions...as usual) and the bike can easily be modified to give more power so after it gets boring it can be tuned up. Its fuel injected to performance chips are an option.

The reviews say nothing. They make general assumptions and related the bike to other chinese manufacturers even though it can compete with Suzuki and Honda in terms on performance and reliability. The straight fact is the bike is underrated and rare on the road because of this. This means cheap insurance :D and that compensates for the depreciation.

I heard the same comments in the 1960s when the Japs started selling bikes over here.

Will not be very long before the chinese overtake the jap sales. :shock:

i have to sat iv heard quite a few reveiws saying the bike is really quite solid but it does suffer from dodgy electircs occassionally?? still love them tho!! :oops:

I heard the same comments in the 1960s when the Japs started selling bikes over here.

Will not be very long before the chinese overtake the jap sales. :shock:

That's true ....

But the Jap bikes were pap to begin with too ..........

Bike (ie the magazine) had one in there long term test fleet .....

It didn't seem very popular

How long term was that?? I think the problem is that the bikes various bolts can rust but only to a certain point and then it all stops. I know a dealer than can sell me any size nut or bolt in stainless steel so for less than £10 I could make the bike get a glowing report in build quality. They don't give it a full in depth analysis i.e the materials the bike is made of and too many assumptions are made.

This is why I want to be a motorbike journalist lol. So I can put these rumors to rest with nothing but sheer knowledge. :twisted:

Bike (ie the magazine) had one in there long term test fleet .....

It didn't seem very popular

How long term was that?? I think the problem is that the bikes various bolts can rust but only to a certain point and then it all stops. I know a dealer than can sell me any size nut or bolt in stainless steel so for less than £10 I could make the bike get a glowing report in build quality. They don't give it a full in depth analysis i.e the materials the bike is made of and too many assumptions are made.

This is why I want to be a motorbike journalist lol. So I can put these rumors to rest with nothing but sheer knowledge. :twisted:

Go and have a read Fozzie ...

Bike is usually quite on the ball.

I read an article on the GT650. They had bad words for it but when they did the long term test on it they found that the brakes began to work alot better and it has that awesome power band that you don't find untill you go into 2-strokes.

The bike can handle high speeds very well, the acceleration is good and the top speed is comfortable for most. It does look like the bike got a *** start report. Good but lacking in some areas.

I saw no mention of bad build quality common in the chinese motorbikes so thats a good point. There was nothing wrong with it so it didnt get given a mention.

I'd have one over the suzuki but tbh i dont go near suzuki's after a little stunt they pulled on my child hood dreams. :evil:

I saw a Hys-what-ever you call it today, blatent copy of the yami virago - looked good, strange oval mirrors... Frame loooked a little rough....

If its cheaper than gettin a jap bike then do it!

I saw a Hys-what-ever you call it today, blatent copy of the yami virago - looked good, strange oval mirrors... Frame loooked a little rough....

If its cheaper than gettin a jap bike then do it!

nooooooooooooooooooooooo :roll:

A second hand jap bike will still be a FAR better option than even a new bodgit & scarper special :!: