Why are YOU here?

<t>What's important to you when you joined?</t>  

183 members have voted

1. 1. What's important to you when you joined?

• Friendly to newbies.
    • Family oriented.
    • Women members.
    • Bike advice.
    • Learning to ride/support.
    • Chance to meet other bikers.
    • Are admin and started it all

A year or so back I noticed MCN had a forum so thought I'd join but before doing so I found myself reading a thread consisting of an argument between the 'boss' of MCN and a female biker! The female biker (turned out to be Vicki) came out with a lot more credibility in my book, so I took the advice she gave in her last post and joined here :lol:

I joined because I noticed you were lacking the sophistication and class

that a Scottish member brings, oh and you have a section called bad

bikers :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

And i thought it was cos it was free :lol:

And i thought it was cos it was free :lol:

well go sit down a while m8, we know how hard that must have been for you :wink:

Guest Rossi_Fan

Why am I here? Good question.

I was hounded by Vicki and Stu to join the previous site so they had someone to talk to other than themselves. :lol:

And because I loves them. :wink:

A year or so back I noticed MCN had a forum so thought I'd join but before doing so I found myself reading a thread consisting of an argument between the 'boss' of MCN and a female biker! The female biker (turned out to be Vicki) came out with a lot more credibility in my book, so I took the advice she gave in her last post and joined here :lol:

Jota..... i really didnt know that! Wow am touched :)

SRAD.... I have more sense!

Dunno where to vote either...... :?

Jota..... i really didnt know that! Wow am touched :)

SRAD.... I have more sense!

Dunno where to vote either...... :?

just write why you wanted this site then, and explain what was missing to inspire you and stu to get this lot together. i reckon this thread should be sticky to give newbies an idea of why they are here and what is offered. And what others get out of it. 8)

theres nowhere for me to vote :cry:

Why not?

He and Vicki started it so coudnt join as such :wink:

Yeah but, yeah but they could still say why they wanted something else.

Vicky said...

Hmmm I hoped this place was a lil different to other forums, that was certainly our intention when we created it..... and I think on the whole people respect each others differences and dont use it as a place to have a pop at people hiding behind theyre keyboards.

I could seriously point you to a couple of forums which you would not believe...... one I got banned from for being an 'attention seeking whore' their exact words. They swear, they verbally abuse people and these are grown adults. This left me crying, so upset and having to take time off the net. Such a negative effect on me, thats why me and stu created this place.

If people dont post when they join or just post once....does it really matter? Theres a 101 reasons why...drop them an email and ask

Its a fine line between been seen as a big family or a clique... and it depends on the newbie whether they take the plunge and get involved or not.

Dont think we do so bad

think this might answer why Vicki started it but Stu :shock: he just a sucker :wink:

Vicky said...

Hmmm I hoped this place was a lil different to other forums, that was certainly our intention when we created it..... and I think on the whole people respect each others differences and dont use it as a place to have a pop at people hiding behind theyre keyboards.

I could seriously point you to a couple of forums which you would not believe...... one I got banned from for being an 'attention seeking whore' their exact words. They swear, they verbally abuse people and these are grown adults. This left me crying, so upset and having to take time off the net. Such a negative effect on me, thats why me and stu created this place.

If people dont post when they join or just post once....does it really matter? Theres a 101 reasons why...drop them an email and ask

Its a fine line between been seen as a big family or a clique... and it depends on the newbie whether they take the plunge and get involved or not.

Dont think we do so bad

Ermmmm :) I will just go bed then.....my work here is done! 8)

I wanted new friends, a new hobby. I told Borile ages ago I wanted to play the violin again. I think he offered to buy me one. I liked his bike and I wanted to ride that, it looked fun.

Saw him using TMBF forum one day and figured that I could make friends that I had something in common with. Wanted a new forum anyway. Thanks to TMBF, I'm also back on my favourite forum.

That, and I wanted to be friends with the friends of the man who saved my life.

I wanted new friends, a new hobby. I told Borile ages ago I wanted to play the violin again. I think he offered to buy me one. I liked his bike and I wanted to ride that, it looked fun.

Saw him using TMBF forum one day and figured that I could make friends that I had something in common with. Wanted a new forum anyway. Thanks to TMBF, I'm also back on my favourite forum.

That, and I wanted to be friends with the friends of the man who saved my life.

Oh yes there's plenty on here that are up for a fiddle - or on the fiddle, or both.

Guest nastro azzurro

Chance to meet other bikers and go for rides to new places.

Gotta say it's just the thing too!!!!

Met folk i would never have met and been places i would never have been. Had loads o fun and probably more to come in the future too :!:

Note to any Newbie's........ Don't be shy :!: Just be yourself and have fun :!: :!: 8)

I joined a lot of bike forums last year but after either asking a question and getting abuse from other forums, or asking a question and being ignored on other forums, I found this place actually wanted to help.

Everyone seemed very friendly (Suspiciously, a little too friendly :lol: ) so I decided to stick around.

I must admit I did not post much for the first 4 or 5 months but when I finally got a bike and was bugged into coming to a meet (Vicki, Akey and Willow) I found a great set of people.

I have led a pretty sheltered life in the grand scheme of things, but have already been places and done things I would simply not have done without this forum. None of it has been anything major, but compared to fook all, Nothing major is bloody impressive!! :lol: :lol:

I can't thank this place enough. I have made a whole new set of friends (Even if you are a weird bunch) and have started living a different life. People who have known me for years say how much I have changed in the last few months and how much more happier, confident and outgoing I am.

I honestly can't thank this place enough.

Bloody hell, that were a bit heavy for this time of morning!!!!