Why are YOU here?

<t>What's important to you when you joined?</t>  

183 members have voted

1. 1. What's important to you when you joined?

• Friendly to newbies.
    • Family oriented.
    • Women members.
    • Bike advice.
    • Learning to ride/support.
    • Chance to meet other bikers.
    • Are admin and started it all

Because the site is getting bigger and bigger and we need more, especially to cover the forum when people are on holidays or at big events 8)

Nope! We have a strong supportive admin/mod team here... and from the pms ive been getting, a decent set of forum members too! 8)

Right...back on topic! :P

I just saw the sticker on what i now know to be Phil Gales bike ..you know the sv650 with seat colour that we dont discuss!!!!! thought maybe a few more localish bikers near me... most of my mates are in Liverpool and Hertfordshire so meeting new bikers was my reason!

I just saw the sticker on what i now know to be Phil Gales bike ..you know the sv650 with seat colour that we dont discuss!!!!! thought maybe a few more localish bikers near me... most of my mates are in Liverpool and Hertfordshire so meeting new bikers was my reason!

Are you my sister?

:shock:

First thing I told her when she met Phil was "don't call the seat cover pink!"

And she has too many liverpudlian friends...

(ETA and she lives in macclesfield and would heartely approve of your avatar!)

Are you my sister?

Macc is about 10 mins from me ona good run!!!! Im in Offerton!!!!!

But unless you are 16 and a twin no your not my brother!!!!!!!

Are you my sister?

Macc is about 10 mins from me ona good run!!!! Im in Offerton!!!!!

But unless you are 16 and a twin no your not my brother!!!!!!!

I'm hurt that at 21, I obviously don't look 16 anymore (until I try buying alcohol in tescos...) and even more upset that I'm having gender issues at the moment.

That, and I wish I had a twin (hear the forum collectivly groan!) - life would be awesome!

Humm, I think I need to balance the not so girly avatar with something more girly in the sig...

• 3 weeks later...

hmmm i got bored with squaddie avoiding in town ( no offence to squaddies as such but when you get numpties on r1's screaming past ya wearing tshirtsand khaki ) you wish for a bit more in life of riding so as a long term nethead i did a bit of googling came across Visordown but it was just too much going on in the site to get into ... left it for a few months then attempted to get bavk into it but it became boring again but within the posts was a blonde on a bike with a link under her so i clicked lurked for about 10 minutes and launched into the posting frenzy that is called TimR ....

what made me think yeah i like it

The friendly welcome

The banter between users is excellent

The forums desire to promote a better view of riders but whilst doing it not being to far up their arses to forget the enjoyment of riding

They let me stay :)

The ones i have met already are brilliant and cant wait to meet again new and old

Another ex-VD'er here. Stopped posting there a while back as it was getting a bit much. Went back and it had changed so much. Not what it used to be at all. I still visit but just lurk. Not posted for some time now.

Can't remember how I found this place, think I was searching for something and clicked through to here. Nice forum, well balanced and no idiots really.

I like the way there are lots of new riders asking for advice and being made welcome and getting sensible answers, not having to worry about being jumped on by 'experienced' riders.......

The banter is good too. :)

Four reasons why I liked this forum when I joined.

\Mixed membership (male/female)

\Good and easy lay-out of the forum, easy to the eye (not like some which have a black background I give up with them v quickly)

\Friendly

\No racist, rude, political, religious posts - always ends in tears

Four reasons why I liked this forum when I joined.

\Mixed membership (male/female)

\Good and easy lay-out of the forum, easy to the eye (not like some which have a black background I give up with them v quickly)

\Friendly

\No racist, rude, political, religious posts - always ends in tears

Have you heard the one about the black homosexual MP and the Bishop? :twisted:

I'll get me coat :oops:

I'm here as looking for a nice place to hang out. I'm on a few other boards tho not biking ones. Will stick around for a bit and see what it's like...

See how anal things get! :P