Unrestricting

Guest lukefiori

Hi guys, Met a guy on sunday who works for triumph bikes, got talking and he said I can unrestrict my 125cc eliminator for more power.. he said there is a nylon tube between the card and engine which has a washer in it that I can take out... Shall i try it????

Not unless you've got a full licence, and tell your insurance company.

Otherwise, your insurance will be invalid.

In which case, and you have a shunt, life would become very complicated.

Hi guys, Met a guy on sunday who works for triumph bikes, got talking and he said I can unrestrict my 125cc eliminator for more power.. he said there is a nylon tube between the card and engine which has a washer in it that I can take out... Shall i try it????

I've seen friends de-restrict bikes illegally but after a crash the insurance people came and had alook but didn't notice even though it had a race exhaust still on it. Fact is they are told to look for modifications on the engine but they dont tear the thing apart. they come and assess the damage and the costs and bugger off.

Do it but keep it quiet. And if you do shunt it then don't mention a thing to the insurer. just keep it quiet and say its standard and 9/10 times they wont notice. If its a 4-stroke then can i recommend that you just put different cams on so that the valve is open for longer letting more fuel in or is it Fuel injected???

:stupid:

If you tell the insurers more likely than not your premium goes up. Thats not what you want and the modification isn't that bad so i'd keep it to yourself and there is no way an insurance man would notice it anyway. You could also say the last person that owned it must have done it :twisted: and that it isnt your fault for not noticing.

If you tell the insurers more likely than not your premium goes up. Thats not what you want and the modification isn't that bad so i'd keep it to yourself and there is no way an insurance man would notice it anyway. You could also say the last person that owned it must have done it :twisted: and that it isnt your fault for not noticing.

Your insurance quote will be for the restricted bike - if you derestrict it your insurance will be invalid whether or not they check it.

And if they do you could be in it up to your neck.

Regardless whether you tell your insurance company or not, you are still riding illegally as your licence you have for the bike is not a full licence.

Im just slightly shocked that some on here think its ok to do it when it is illegal, but hey, thats just me.

Uh ye, well im not too fond of the tyrranic government of the jail house, i mean great britain!!

I am really looking for technical how to of de restricting

Uh ye, well im not too fond of the tyrranic government of the jail house, i mean great britain!!

Giving u techinical knowledge of how to do it would be crazy if we will be helping you to break the law...sorry hunni.

Giving u techinical knowledge of how to do it would be crazy if we will be helping you to break the law...sorry hunni.

:stupid: ............ditto for me penn

Agree with above and im afraid insurance isnt for bike its for bike restricted to 33 bhp changing it changes insurance or in this case invalidates it

the fact that as mentioned may not be noticed is differant issue and then depends on what kind of accident police involvement crash investigators ect

How much power would this modification give your bike any way??? If it doesnt take it above 33HP then i'd still do it. If it does....then still do it :twisted:.

Your insurance would possibly be invalid yes but then again the chances of them noticing are low. And the chances of you actually properly shunting the bike is pretty low (touch wood). The most someone your age will do is drop it as long as your not one of the silly riders out there. :roll: . I'd go for it, you only live once.

Regardless whether you tell your insurance company or not, you are still riding illegally as your licence you have for the bike is not a full licence.

Im just slightly shocked that some on here think its ok to do it when it is illegal, but hey, thats just me.

Precisely :roll:

My bike is currently pumping out a collosal 12 HP!!!!

Lol might get 5 more unrestricting it!

You got a full licence Luke? Sounds like it wouldn't be illegal (we are talking about a 125 here!), so long as you tell the insurance man.

If you tell the insurers more likely than not your premium goes up. Thats not what you want and the modification isn't that bad so i'd keep it to yourself and there is no way an insurance man would notice it anyway.

You could also say the last person that owned it must have done it :twisted: and that it isnt your fault for not noticing.

Voodoo, you should know better ...

Nor are insurance companies so naive ............

With 5 more horses your still 16 horse power away from 33HP. If the insurance company don't ask if you have had any modifications then it isn't your fault. Avoid insuring with those who say, "is there any modifications" because what your doing hardly counts anyway. All your doing is taking out a component. I've never been asked if there were modifications so your in a good position if they catch you out. They did not inform you and pulling that over you would be illegal because of lack of informed consent so you could threaten them with that.

With 5 more horses your still 16 horse power away from 33HP. If the insurance company don't ask if you have had any modifications then it isn't your fault. Avoid insuring with those who say, "is there any modifications" because what your doing hardly counts anyway. All your doing is taking out a component. I've never been asked if there were modifications so your in a good position if they catch you out. They did not inform you and pulling that over you would be illegal because of lack of informed consent so you could threaten them with that.

Other fairy stories in this series are available from http://[email protected]

Hehe, looks like I crossed the line there a bit. Ok, don't do any modifications (if you can call it that) untill you've done your test and you allowed to ride anything withing 33BHP. It will be perfectly acceptable then. I don't see why there would be any trouble with insurance companies as it isnt a race mod and the power increase is very insignificant and your well within your restriction.

If the insurance company asks then tell them, if not then you may as well not bother saying anything as you wouldnt be violating what your licence restricts you to.