Unrestricting

Guest lukefiori

We've had similar threads to this in the past.

It is no secret to the 'old school' members of this site that wonkers that ride (or drive) without insurance are one of my chief pet hates.

If you modify a bike so that it has more power than either 1: your licence entitles you too, or 2: is more powerful than your insurance certificate caters for your insurance becomes invalid.

Nobody would like their own vehicle to be invloved in an accident and find that the other person was not insured. We have all spent hard earned cash on our bikes, and more often than not they are our pride and joy.

Therefore, to ride with invalidated insurance turns the culprit into a social lepper.

So, any of you prats that are thinking of modding your bikes, grow up, and get your full licences, and/or properly informed insurance cover.

Bikers are usually a very tolerant people. But I for one, would be less than tolerant in this sort of scenario. Most people will feel the same.

It is no secret to the 'old school' members of this site that wonkers that ride (or drive) without insurance are one of my chief pet hates.

If you modify a bike so that it has more power than either 1: your licence entitles you too, or 2: is more powerful than your insurance certificate caters for your insurance becomes invalid.

Nobody would like their own vehicle to be invloved in an accident and find that the other person was not insured. We have all spent hard earned cash on our bikes, and more often than not they are our pride and joy.

Therefore, to ride with invalidated insurance turns the culprit into a social lepper.

So, any of you prats that are thinking of modding your bikes, grow up, and get your full licences, and/or properly informed insurance cover.

Bikers are usually a very tolerant people. But I for one, would be less than tolerant in this sort of scenario. Most people will feel the same.

I hope you haven't put ZXR750 carb tops on your bike then :evil:

P.S. Its much nicer when you do! :lol:

I have to agree with you there. Thankfully if our friend only gets a 5 HP increase with the mod and has a full licence then he will be in the clear and if the insurance company asks then he should tell because the mod is removing a component so his premium would probably not even increase. Even if he didnt tell the chance of them noticing are very very slim as they dont take the engine apart they just look around and poke at it to see if there have been any additions. My friend had it with his RS125. It was race tuned, he had an accident and even though the insurer would have seen the arrow exhaust he was still insured.

. . . and there is no way an insurance man would notice it anyway. . .

And the Pope ain't a Catholic!

If you are involved in an 'incident' - even if as the injured party - there is always the chance that a Road Policing Unit will inspect your machine. They are trained in checking for modifications to road vehicles and any un-notified mods will have invalidated your insurance.

Furthermore, insurance loss adjusters will always be on the lookout for anything to use as an excuse to reject an insurance claim, and are likely to be far more dilligent than police RPU officers.

So, in short, do it if you must, but be aware that the consequences could be very severe. You not only run the risk of a criminal record, but also, spending the rest of your life in penury if a court awards millions of pounds of damages to someone that you have injured whilst uninsured.

Your call!

do it, don't tell insurance and even more so DON'T tell all the perfect people on here :?

:stupid: on this one. A 125cc bike isnt going to cause trouble or millions in damages. Also, lukefiori seems to be a good rider. To ride the bike he has you gotta be nice and laid back when riding it. If you have an accident, put the part back in before the insurance people arrive. Its what my friend did with a aprilia rs250. He put the 33HP restrictor kit back on it.