TT 2022

manxie49

3 hours ago, manxie49 said:

TT 2022 Schedule has now been confirmed .... Fingers crossed it all goes ahead this year.

https://iomttraces.com/latest/news/tt-2022-schedule-confirmed-jun21/?fbclid=IwAR0Oipyyh1TIqUMGrhui2Vn3ZbJPrSkhiklpdvquPDtkSXFCBUxQz-DzqqI

only hope this covid doesnt go any worse and the whole thing doesnt go pear shaped again 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
4 hours ago, skyrider said:

The deal for Michael Dunlop to ride a PBM ducati on the roads this year has fallen through he will  up to now be riding an R6 and a blade

Yes, I just read about that this morning,  IOM TT page needs updating!  I would love to have seen him race the Panigale as well .... https://www.newsletter.co.uk/sport/motorcycling/michael-dunlop-pbm-ducati-deal-for-isle-of-man-tt-is-off-3666246

• 1 month later...

The terrible loss this year has to have some context, 11 people have died in the UK  “wild swimming” so far this year. 277 deaths in 2021.

There does seem to be something happening with sidecars this year, no injuries just fatalities, all along the same mile of track. Something is happening.

As we get closer to the 140 mile lap i suspect the solo deaths will continue to rise as well.

I do wish John McG, and Michael Rutter would consider their position.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Trooper74 said:

The terrible loss this year has to have some context, 11 people have died in the UK  “wild swimming” so far this year. 277 deaths in 2021.

There does seem to be something happening with sidecars this year, no injuries just fatalities, all along the same mile of track. Something is happening.

As we get closer to the 140 mile lap i suspect the solo deaths will continue to rise as well.

I do wish John McG, and Michael Rutter would consider their position.

It seems very strange that both sidecars lost it at ago's leap.  I really hope they find that it's nothing to do with the road, I believe the road in that area was recently re-surfaced with alterations to the adjoining pavement?  I do know there was a lot of work going on down there in the months prior to TT.

I just hope there is a thorough investigation, and if its proven there are added risks due to road rebound/ aerodynamics I hope something can be improved, so that in 2023 we are only talking about the good things. 

3 hours ago, Stapedog said:

I just hope there is a thorough investigation, and if its proven there are added risks due to road rebound/ aerodynamics I hope something can be improved, so that in 2023 we are only talking about the good things. 

Might get lucky but unfortunately at those speeds the slightest error, human, mechanical or setup there are no safe places to have an off, everyone is aware of the risks, one of my best mates died 5yrs ago,  not only did he know the risks he was there paying respect to one of his mates who died the year before. 

The deaths will only stop when the race stops. 

31 minutes ago, Bender said:

Might get lucky but unfortunately at those speeds the slightest error, human, mechanical or setup there are no safe places to have an off, everyone is aware of the risks, one of my best mates died 5yrs ago,  not only did he know the risks he was there paying respect to one of his mates who died the year before. 

The deaths will only stop when the race stops. 

Motorcycling, the deaths will only stop when the Motorcycling stops.

Are you on the right web site ???

14 minutes ago, Trooper74 said:

Motorcycling, the deaths will only stop when the Motorcycling stops.

Are you on the right web site ???

Yes, I didn't say it should stop, just that there is very little that can be done to make the tt a non life threatening race

• Like 1

The bikes are getting faster each year, so there are too many unknowns as to the cause of the crashes, but I suspect they are experiencing lift issues, so losing grip or bring lifted into the air and flipped. Look on YouTube for videos of le mans cars Flipping over on the back straight among the trees, even though their aerodynamics are meant to keep them glued to the track 

• Like 1

Such a difficult topic to address, the bikes are so so good and tech development improves each day, the rider being the non predictable element. The races will hopefully last long into the future. The problem we will face will be the pressure of people sat on social media, who know nothing of the sport, or the people who spend 50 weeks of the year; thinking of, planning for, and dreaming about the other 2 weeks of the year on the Rock. The social media doggooders will be the biggest experts around and will put pressure on authorities to restrict the riders just because they don't want to read a bad headline in the news. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, billy sugger said:

The bikes are getting faster each year, so there are too many unknowns as to the cause of the crashes, but I suspect they are experiencing lift issues, so losing grip or bring lifted into the air and flipped. Look on YouTube for videos of le mans cars Flipping over on the back straight among the trees, even though their aerodynamics are meant to keep them glued to the track 

They do till the aero works against them, merc f1 can't work out what's happening with their cars with a budget beyond the dreams of any sidecar team.

• Like 2

Watching the sidecars land at Ago’s Leap tells any competent Engineer that something is going very wrong ... these are essentially 80’s Formula 2 / 3 cars with a wheel missing. On smooth UK circuits they perform with elegance at high speed .. on the bumps of the TT and some Irish / Ulster road circuits a different type of outfit would seem to be required ... Wasp MX outfit with slicks and fairings ? Who knows, there’s so many  dynamics issues to be addressed .... and they should be addressed.

But the first port must be suspension ... there is virtually no suspension on these race vehicles ... 35 - 40 mm is not working suspension for anything expected to cope with roads ...

Edited by Trooper74