Guest happyboots

question!!

i was out today on my bike and the speedo suddenly stopped working

any suggestions why and wot i need to do?

it was bloody freezin altho the sun was shining. 8) :crybaby:

Check the cable, it comes out of the back of the speedo, and goes to the front wheel, check its not loose at either end, if not, it's probably snapped inside :cry:

Cheers

Ian

Guest Ninja-Bear

Well Wendy it depends if your speeedo is cable operated or electrically operated. If it is a cable, more than likely it may have frayed and snapped, in which case not to hard a job to replace. Or it could have come lose, not likely, but worth checking each end.

If it is the electrical type of speedo then may be a snapped or worn wire that could have earthed against the frame. I would not mess with the electrical type myself and get the job done properly :wink:

Guest markchris
question!!

You'd come to a standstill. :lol: Sorry, weekend and sat in the house bored, plus wine.

Guest markchris

Feeling guilty now...Seriously. I believe you've a 125, so in all probability it's just a cable. Dead easy to change and not expensive. I never used to buy new, used to get mine from a breakers, but a new one won't empty the bank.

Just a knurled nut under speedo, and one on the front wheel, to remove cable. I'm sure if you went to a bike shop and fluttered your eye lashs, some kind mechanic would do it for free.

question!!

You'd come to a standstill. :lol: Sorry, weekend and sat in the house bored, plus wine.

Lmao...........that's probably quite a sensible first Q to ask a women rider :lol:

Wendy beware its against law to ride without it working and is endorsable with 3 points so try to watch out for ya speed and don't admit it to a copper if you get stopped...............I learnt that from experiance :D

Feeling guilty now...Seriously. I believe you've a 125, so in all probability it's just a cable. Dead easy to change and not expensive. I never used to buy new, used to get mine from a breakers, but a new one won't empty the bank.

Just a knurled nut under speedo, and one on the front wheel, to remove cable. I'm sure if you went to a bike shop and fluttered your eye lashs, some kind mechanic would do it for free.

You said that about mine - but it wasn't!! and mine still doesn't work!! I just count the number of lamp posts per second!! :wink:

Guest markchris

Your's isn't a 125. And if you care to remember, I asked you if it had a cable, to which you replied yes!! WOMEN!! :roll:

If you've started counting lamposts, then I think you're getting too close to that dog of yours.

Your's isn't a 125. And if you care to remember, I asked you if it had a cable, to which you replied yes!! WOMEN!! :roll:.

Hang on!! I never said yes!!! I replied, and I quote.....

"how the hell do i know!"

There's no cable on my bike - in fact there's no tv full stop!! not even a radio!!

:wink: :wink:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Guest Ninja-Bear
well really!!

Do you think he REALLY expected me to know if there was a cable gong to my speedo or not?!?!?!?!?!

Like asking a woman where the engine is in a car :thumb: :lol: :wink:

Guest markchris
Your's isn't a 125. And if you care to remember, I asked you if it had a cable, to which you replied yes!! WOMEN!! :roll:.

Hang on!! I never said yes!!! I replied, and I quote.....

"how the hell do i know!"

There's no cable on my bike - in fact there's no tv full stop!! not even a radio!!

:wink: :wink:

Whooo hark at her :lol:

hey cheeky boys, some of us women know a bit about cars!!! :boxing:

Yeah.I can make it go forwards and backwards but still not got the hang of the Parking thingy bit wosi ma call it exercise :wink:

• 2 weeks later...