My route app

manxie49

I thought I'd share this with the forum, although I'm sure a lot of you know about it already.  

I've been trying this app out now for about eight months and find it absolutely brilliant.  It allows you to pre-plan routes,  add in waypoints and stops,  upload maps to most GPS systems, plus a multitude of other things.  To be honest, I'm still learning about everything it can do.  The site has instructions, online video tutorials and a discussion forum to help if you get stuck.  Although that said, I'm no techno geek, but even I found it relatively easy to use, far easier than some of the other apps currently available,  to me, it's pretty straight forward, and I like that.

Registering gives you full, free access for fourteen days,  after that, there is a yearly subscription of £35.  However, if you decide not to pay the subscription you can still access the basic functions of the app.  

Overall, great app for planning tours,  or just travelling through an area you're not familiar with, people even upload and share their routes with the community, giving you the highs and low points of the journey they did and tips on what to avoid. 

https://www.myrouteapp.com/en

I know where I'm going thanks . You can get an AA road atlas for a pound . The only time I got seriously lost was when I tried to go through Greater Manchester and they only had signage on one roundabout in three . In the end I just kept an eye on the position of the sun . 

• Haha 2

I have used MRA in the past but always stuck to basecamp 

I then got talking to @fullscreenaging about it while the bike was in for a service and he was saying thats its recently being improved massively and he got a lifetime subscription offer via email. 

Which reminded me I also got the same offer I then retried MRA and the thing that really swung it for me was the ability to save all my routes online and access them via my mobile and also edit and create routes via my mobile and send them to my Zumo XT 

So I am now a convert :lol: 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Stu said:

I have used MRA in the past but always stuck to basecamp 

I then got talking to @fullscreenaging about it while the bike was in for a service and he was saying thats its recently being improved massively and he got a lifetime subscription offer via email. 

Which reminded me I also got the same offer I then retried MRA and the thing that really swung it for me was the ability to save all my routes online and access them via my mobile and also edit and create routes via my mobile and send them to my Zumo XT 

So I am now a convert :lol: 

And did you get a lifetime subscription, and if so at what cost, if you don't mind me asking. Lifetime subscription doesn't seem to be an option on the website.

1 minute ago, Yorky said:

And did you get a lifetime subscription, and if so at what cost, if you don't mind me asking. Lifetime subscription doesn't seem to be an option on the website.

Yes I did and it was $99 

It was an offer that they ran via email 

3 hours ago, manxie49 said:

I thought I'd share this with the forum, although I'm sure a lot of you know about it already.  

I've been trying this app out now for about eight months and find it absolutely brilliant.  It allows you to pre-plan routes,  add in waypoints and stops,  upload maps to most GPS systems, plus a multitude of other things.  To be honest, I'm still learning about everything it can do.  The site has instructions, online video tutorials and a discussion forum to help if you get stuck.  Although that said, I'm no techno geek, but even I found it relatively easy to use, far easier than some of the other apps currently available,  to me, it's pretty straight forward, and I like that.

Registering gives you full, free access for fourteen days,  after that, there is a yearly subscription of £35.  However, if you decide not to pay the subscription you can still access the basic functions of the app.  

Overall, great app for planning tours,  or just travelling through an area you're not familiar with, people even upload and share their routes with the community, giving you the highs and low points of the journey they did and tips on what to avoid. 

https://www.myrouteapp.com/en

I’ve been using MRA for a while now. The RoSPA group I was a member of share  all their group ride routes using it. It’s really useful.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stu said:

Yes I did and it was $99 

It was an offer that they ran via email 

That was a really good deal.  I purchased a year’s membership,  I admire you for using base camp ,  I really couldn’t get my head around that programme 😩

Just now, manxie49 said:

That was a really good deal.  I purchased a year’s membership,  I admire you for using base camp ,  I really couldn’t get my head around that programme 😩

Basecamp is different but with the right info its pretty easy to use 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, fastbob said:

I know where I'm going thanks . You can get an AA road atlas for a pound . The only time I got seriously lost was when I tried to go through Greater Manchester and they only had signage on one roundabout in three . In the end I just kept an eye on the position of the sun . 

You weren’t one of those three geezers on a ride out following a star into the East were you, delivering presents by all accounts?  😂

• Haha 1

MRA is a spin off from the guys who did TYRE Trace Your Route Everywhere a tool I had been using since the early noughties ( I still use it sometimes as it can export POIs for tomtom rider )

I got in on MRA early and it was a little clunky to begin with but it has grown over the last few years and is very good.  The RoadSmart group Im with use it to circulate route to associates to practice a route before the observed ride  as it can export to just about all motorcycle PNDs it is a great tool.

• Like 2

On 15/12/2021 at 21:06, manxie49 said:

You weren’t one of those three geezers on a ride out following a star into the East were you, delivering presents by all accounts?  😂

No , I was the dickhead outside the Bolton Wanderers FC ground trying to find a shady bush so that I could get out of the sun to see my phone while shouting " Why isn't this f*****g place in f*****g Bolton !? " My mood  was not helped  by cooking inside my leathers and busting for a slash . Well at least I have discovered first hand why it's called Bolton Wanderers . It is NOT in f*****g Bolton !

Screenshot_20211216-223507.png

• Haha 2