What luggage rack do I need to fit a Honda CG 125?

4 minutes ago, Justboughtabike said:

Actually not certain but done a post on here with pictures if that helps - 

I remember now . You've got the Japanese retro version with the one up , four down gearbox . 

15 hours ago, Justboughtabike said:

That's me Fastbob! Any ideas what rack i get?

As as I can determine it should look like this in terms of the fixing points . The front two go under the nuts that hold the shocks on . The other two I'm not sure about . Because there at least a dozen Chinese copies of your bike , one would assume that there would be numerous copies of a rack . I've found a few but they are hidious looking contraptions aimed at the Third World marketplace . Anyway now that you have an idea what to look for , I wish you luck in your search . May I suggest that you join the CG FB page . 

Screenshot_20211220-165705.png

1 hour ago, fastbob said:

As as I can determine it should look like this in terms of the fixing points . The front two go under the nuts that hold the shocks on . The other two I'm not sure about . Because there at least a dozen Chinese copies of your bike , one would assume that there would be numerous copies of a rack . I've found a few but they are hidious looking contraptions aimed at the Third World marketplace . Anyway now that you have an idea what to look for , I wish you luck in your search . May I suggest that you join the CG FB page . 

On later CG models there was a rear fairing with two bolts that lined up with the other two lugs on that rack. If you remove your seat and take a photo it would be helpful to see what fittings are there.

50 minutes ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

On later CG models there was a rear fairing with two bolts that lined up with the other two lugs on that rack. If you remove your seat and take a photo it would be helpful to see what fittings are there.

But this isn't a later CG model . 

22 minutes ago, fastbob said:

But this isn't a later CG model . 

I know - but you said you weren't sure where other two lugs connected to on the rack shown. @billy sugger has it right - on that model it looks like they connect where the indicators go. On mine they connected to the bolts in the rear fairing. Which is why I suggested taking a photo with the seat off because it will show what will line up. That will make it easier to figure out which rack will fit.

• Like 1

On 20/12/2021 at 17:00, Justboughtabike said:

That's me Fastbob! Any ideas what rack i get?

Ok I've found someone who says they have one on the CG Facebook page . If you join , you can link up . https://m.facebook.com/groups/cg125uksales/permalink/1020449761875323/

• Like 2

On 21/12/2021 at 08:16, fastbob said:

Ok nice one for that, i'll keep an eye for this style of rack. Thanks for the advice

On 21/12/2021 at 10:01, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

Ok, i'm actually away atm but I'll be back Christmas Eve to take a pic and upload. Cheers

• 5 months later...