Odd whir as I slow down and pull in clutch - 2004 Suzuki GS500f

macjaffa

Hiya, 

Can anyone reassure me about this noise?  I don't hear it all the time, and I may just be getting a little paranoid about every whir, clunk, band and shimmy...but...3.5 seconds in and you'll hear it.  My chain tension is bang on an inch (pushing up from the middle, when on sidestand).  The clunk (after the whir in the video) may have been me changing gear -which would make sense as I was slowing- but the whir sound makes go "Wha?"

Or am I needing to chill out?

Thanks!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cLnslYLTkE3pl3DoCe0BFyqnPT8A2AEY/view?usp=sharing

27 minutes ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

I can't hear anything there that sounds odd.

No?  That's good.  I am quite happy to accept that I am overly listening and being "Aaaaah" about every little noise.  Thank you...you're very attentive to noobs in the pitstop area...is very appreciated!  

3 hours ago, iangaryprice said:

I can't hear anything to be worried about. I have a GSX600F sometimes in low speed stop/start I get what appears to be "clutch chatter", doesn't seem to ba an actual fault with my bike, I just learnt to avoid the revs/gear/clutch use that causes it.

Thank you!  I have to acknowledge that after jumping on the bike recently, after 10 years away (and was not very experienced then) I am still learning.  That I should work on better use of the machine, rather than think there's something wrong, is a good point. :)

12 hours ago, Pie man said:

Don't worry, I've been riding constantly for over 35yrs (and still know nowt) I currently ride a KTM. I'm scared to take my earplugs out, god only know what I'll hear. :thumb: 

haha...like putting glasses on half way through a date. 😬  Ignorance is bliss 😁 

Thank you.  Everyone here has been very reassuring.

• 3 weeks later...