Fogging pinlock

I had a similar issue once,  I removed the pinlock,  cleaned the visor and re-installed it and it seemed to cure the problem.  Sometimes, if the rubber baffle on the pinlock isn't flush against the visor or there's dirt on the visor it can result in fogging like what your experiencing. Also check the integrity of the rubber baffle, make sure it isn't damaged,  the smallest of nicks can knacker it.  

Edited by manxie49

12 minutes ago, keith1200rs said:

I usually have to buy a new one each winter. They get scratched anyway and more scratched when I try to clean them. The material/coating is very soft.

I have never scratched a pinlock and only once had to replace one as I washed it in a bowl of water which destroyed it 

10 hours ago, S-Westerly said:

On my current helmet I'm on my second pinlock. The first one stopped sealing properly but I needed to change the visor too as I'd managed to somehow scratch it badly.

Same here. They don't last forever. With time they get a bit loose and then the seal goes.

2 hours ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

Same here. They don't last forever. With time they get a bit loose and then the seal goes.

The pins are actually cams and as they “shrink” they can be tightened, by turning them. You can actually take the pins out of you want and put them back in, practice with an old pin lock/ visor before a new one.

Oh and make sure you don’t trap an annoying dog hair when fitting a new pin lock, 12 months later you can still see it…

• Haha 2

Ok, i should've been clearer 😀

The fogging is on the outside of the pinlock-visor sandwich, there are no problems with the pinlock seal and cam pins.

I found somewhere on the web that soaking pinlock in water and then drying out will "reactivate" it. Haven't done a diddly squat of difference ☹️

I just wonder if these things are single use?