Challenge 2022 - Discussion Thread

Hoggs

Hi @Hoggs, Think the 19th AA box you were missing is the one in Eastbourne, on the seafront by the Wish Tower, there are a few more dotted around, think they also moved the one at the AA headquarters in Basingstoke to the front of building!! 

Anyway if say we get all yours, for the Bonus, then find some more can I have extra 10pts each? 😉.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, oldgrump said:

Hi @Hoggs, Think the 19th AA box you were missing is the one in Eastbourne, on the seafront by the Wish Tower, there are a few more dotted around, think they also moved the one at the AA headquarters in Basingstoke to the front of building!! 

Anyway if say we get all yours, for the Bonus, then find some more can I have extra 10pts each? 😉.

You know what @oldgrump I'm completely allowing this!! If you find them and take a snap, Yes 10 extra points!!

Please mark any non list boxes in your photo posts as "I found this AA box that Hoggs couldn't at [location]"

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Hoggs said:

You know what @oldgrump I'm completely allowing this!! If you find them and take a snap, Yes 10 extra points!!

Please mark any non list boxes in your photo posts as "I found this AA box that Hoggs couldn't at [location]"

Hi @Hoggs, Cheers for that, Looking forward to this year, hopefully weather and covid will be kind to us all👍.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, goat said:

Any chance of a hand drawn version on finest velum? Ideally in the style of Abū Abdallāh Muhammad ibn Muhammad ibn Abdallāh ibn Idrīs al-sharif al-Idrīsī.

Yes no bother! 

I will start it right away 

Sadly it won't be ready until 2023 :D 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I imported that GPX. File into MRA as a route as would not read it as route-track, it gives a mileage of 50119.37 miles…….. just a gentle days ride for some🤣

Edited by BabyD
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Hoggs said:

oh no! I think they should fix it up as I think they have some kind of protected status....

if they don't I guess just take a picture of that telegraph pole 🤣

I’ll find an excuse to monitor the situation over the next couple of months. Riding around the Lakes is  a sacrifice I’m willing to make on this occasion 🤔😂

• Like 2

Just now, Steve_M said:

I’ll find an excuse to monitor the situation over the next couple of months. Riding around the Lakes is  a sacrifice I’m willing to make on this occasion 🤔😂

Amazing dedication to the cause my good man 👍😁

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Bender said:

Bender may bend the rules but he would never break them😂 

And a rainbow is already bent. 🤣

Before I posted my Brown Pub entry to the correct place, I thought that I had better get the extremely tenuous link passed by the powers that be  @Hoggs My proposed entry is The Bakers Arms in the quintessential Cotswold village of Broad Campden, now to get to the point……. If you are lucky/unlucky (Delete which is appropriate) enough to watch mind numbing daytime television, you may have come across an offering featuring Mark Williams going by the title of The Father Brown Mysteries, now (allegedly) this pub is featured as Father Browns favourite watering hole where he regularly imbibes, this is according to Trip Advisor at any rate, so my question is will this constitute a firm link to claim this tag as a suitable entry for the “Brown” public house?

Screenshot 2022-02-02 121346.png

The Bakers Arms (3).JPG

• Like 2