Challenge 2022 - Discussion Thread

Hoggs

• 1 month later...
On 29/01/2022 at 13:30, Steve_M said:

You may want to update your AA box challenge. Dunmail Raise has been blown over by Storm Malik. 

A3701ED2-F3C1-4CB6-8AEF-C3FE50599168.jpeg

That’s solved that mystery then! I was going to get a photo whilst I was passing at the weekend and its no where to be seen :)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, teo63 said:

That’s solved that mystery then! I was going to get a photo whilst I was passing at the weekend and its no where to be seen :)

I'd accept a picture by that telegraph pole 🤣

• Haha 2

For anyone local to Cov, be aware that the red phones boxes in Bagington & Clifford Bridge rd are no longer there.. as I found out today 😖

21 hours ago, Mickly said:

For anyone local to Cov, be aware that the red phones boxes in Bagington & Clifford Bridge rd are no longer there.. as I found out today 😖

That's one way of winning, nick the phone boxes🤣

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, billy sugger said:

That's one way of winning, nick the phone boxes🤣

Got me, I carry one around on my pillion & set it up in different places to take pics !!

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Mickly said:

Got me, I carry one around on my pillion & set it up in different places to take pics !!

lol you could get a small one and just pretend it's really far away 🤣🤣

• Haha 5

• 3 weeks later...

So … I’m on a family holiday so not on the bike & I’ve got all the red telephone box tags that I need, but I couldn’t resist taking this:

8DCA6597-F985-4EC2-99F4-27334706781B.thumb.jpeg.1dc7cdc445bb269f361f756ffb28e707.jpeg
So if anyone’s around Truro Lemon Quays anytime, you could bag 4 in one go😁

within the rules but probably not in the spirit of the challenge.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Mickly said:

So … I’m on a family holiday so not on the bike & I’ve got all the red telephone box tags that I need, but I couldn’t resist taking this:

8DCA6597-F985-4EC2-99F4-27334706781B.thumb.jpeg.1dc7cdc445bb269f361f756ffb28e707.jpeg
So if anyone’s around Truro Lemon Quays anytime, you could bag 4 in one go😁

within the rules but probably not in the spirit of the challenge.

That’s fine just take 4 photos. 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 18/04/2022 at 19:29, @oldgrump said:

And one for @Hoggs adjudication took a picture of Abbey instead of reading list 

You wanted the Visitors centre??

Rievaulx Abbey parking and Visitor's Centre #13.

To be fair I can't remember what I actually asked for 🤣

Hoggs rules.... ALLOWED! 

also I appreciated the ex-box /telegraph pole!! 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

So what are we talking for the "special Hoggs bonus points" for the Northern Ireland bonus round? asking for a friend 😂

1 hour ago, Hoggs said:

@teo63 oooh I haven't had to change the N Ireland ones for ages!! How you feel about RoI tags? 

Not sure what Rol tags are?

22 minutes ago, teo63 said:

Not sure what Rol tags are?

oh Republic of Ireland. didn't know if you'd fancy venturing South and I'll stick some more in there for you. 

2 hours ago, Ian Frog said:

@teo63 Your GS is beautiful !

Would I be right in saying a 2/4 seat and Motad exhaust but otherwise standard ?

Cheers

Mr jealous lol.

Ian

Thanks Ian, yes pretty standard apart from those. I’ve had it over 20 years.

7 hours ago, Hoggs said:

yo @oldgrump did you recruit this guy to the tag challenge?? looks like they'd have got 10 points straight off the bat 🤣

Screenshot_20220510-154226_Chrome.jpg

Hi @Hoggs, I'll tell Neil that you gave him 10pts😂, must admit rode pass at least 8 photo's on the rally, very tempted to stop,  But at least I get to go back to Wales again later in year.🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Ferry booked, visiting relatives and doing the Northern Ireland tags next month.

@Hoggs Will Barrontop Farm, since it is closed, just be something to show you were in the area? Or can we have GOT, The Dark Hedges, Bregagh Road, Stranocum, Ballymoney as a new tag to replace it, as I quite fancy having a look at what must be NI's now most famous attraction? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Throttled said:

Ferry booked, visiting relatives and doing the Northern Ireland tags next month.

@Hoggs Will Barrontop Farm, since it is closed, just be something to show you were in the area? Or can we have GOT, The Dark Hedges, Bregagh Road, Stranocum, Ballymoney as a new tag to replace it, as I quite fancy having a look at what must be NI's now most famous attraction? 

Oh if you fancy going there then yeah I'll accept the GOT thing 

• Like 1

Thanks Hoggs. Maybe that is a way to have a new format for the Challenge? Ride your bike to places you want to visit and photo your bike with a number. To get an area you have to chose and do say ten tags and those ten must include specifics, like a castle, a National Trust building, a bridge, a google maps view point, a blue badge house, something that makes that place distinctive and worthy. So, instead of you having to think up places, we all do. Then, if I see someone else has tagged something and it has been accepted and I fancy a visit, I can tag it as well, or I could do somewhere else. Let's face it, how often have the north of Scotland tags been done? They are so far away, it is quite limiting who can do them.

We can get bonus points for being imaginative. I tried to talk my way into Balmoral Castle when that was a tag, but was refused, so settled on the sign outside. But if I had got in and got a photo with my bike, Balmoral and the Queen, I could get extra points!

• Like 1

Another option I’ve been mulling over is funny / strange road names ( as suppose to places ) … if you see one, photo it as a tag, post it & explain why it’s worthy & if it gets say 5 likes then you can claim it.

A local(ish) example is Cut Throat Lane.

Unless @Hoggs feels one area of the country had an unfair proliferation of ‘Knob Ends’

• Haha 1