lock advice

I'm going down to Middlesex to see my brother, he's recently moved house, which means my bike is going to be left parked on the street overnight.  Now I do have a good quality disc lock, but I was wanting something portable that I could secure the bike with, preferably to a lamp post or something similar.  The bike chain I currently have is far too bulky and heavy to use other than at home in the garage, I've therefore been looking at these Litelok's that can be joined together to give more length.  Is anyone using them or know anyone who is,  if so, are they worth the money?  TIA.

LITELOK-ONE-Moto-CB-Hero---Grey-_-ART-SS_1080x.jpeg

55 minutes ago, MikeHorton said:

I'm considering a lite lock for the summer if we do some longer trips away. They seem to be a happy medium between security and convenience 

Yes, I thought the same, a lot lighter and easier to carry than the massive chain I have at home.   As s-westerly said,  they're not going to stop someone who's determined, but that, along with a decent disc lock should be enough of a deterrent.  Not much more that can be done really, at least it shows the insurance company I tried.  These liteloks aren't cheap though.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KiwiBob said:

If the thief has the right tool your bike is never safe!

I seen this vid on you tube,  he cut through the lock in seconds!  For a lock this expensive I’d have expected better.  I suppose it’s the same as most transportable locks, a deterrent for the casual thief.

1 hour ago, daveinlim said:

I may be wrong but I don’t think these locks are for sale yet?  I read something on Bennett’s website about them,  I thought they were still in the production stage?  They look good though

12 hours ago, manxie49 said:

I may be wrong but I don’t think these locks are for sale yet?  I read something on Bennett’s website about them,  I thought they were still in the production stage?  They look good though

They aren't on general sale yet. They had discounted sales for the launch on the Kickstarter. The site says they are in production at the moment which is good news. If they could make a holder for it suitable for a motorbike I'd definitely buy one. 

Bennetts guy tends to test things well and test them to destruction. Hopefully there will be a few more like it when launched. As it's already diamond rated it could give the bike security industry a kick in the bum and start some new innovation

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/01/2022 at 15:55, MikeHorton said:

I'm considering a lite lock for the summer if we do some longer trips away. They seem to be a happy medium between security and convenience 

I was sent this link,  a more motorcycle oriented version of the Litelock,  all out of stock at present though ....

https://www.litelok.com/products/litelok-core-moto?variant=41306600702121