MCE CANCELLING ALL POLICIES

daveinlim

49 minutes ago, Joe85 said:

Mind you, don’t plan on riding it till April/May, so bollocks to em. I’ll leave it uninsured till then.

make sure you SORN it even if keeping on private land 

• Like 1

hilariously, i'd thought i'd get a quote from MCE UK....

£1800 with £1500 excess. Are they taking the piss? 

The whole industry is a con. 

Edited by Joe85
  • Sad 1

Just now, MikeHorton said:

What sort of bike, how many years no claims and riding experience have you got. Can also depend on what security you have and where its parked 

Same bike for the last 4 years, to be fair. A BMW S1000R. 6 Years no claims, 6 years held license, 36 years old. Locked in a garage, tracker, immobiliser etc. 

They're w**kers, pure and simple. 

• Like 3

Just now, Joe85 said:

Same bike for the last 4 years, to be fair. A BMW S1000R. 6 Years no claims, 6 years held license, 36 years old. Locked in a garage, tracker, immobiliser etc. 

Have you tried Hastings direct they have often been a lot cheaper than most for me even by a few hundred I know it varies person to person they use these algorithms etc. It's a real pain don't give up and keep getting quotes sometimes comparison sites are good sometimes they are not. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, MikeHorton said:

Have you tried Hastings direct they have often been a lot cheaper than most for me even by a few hundred I know it varies person to person they use these algorithms etc. It's a real pain don't give up and keep getting quotes sometimes comparison sites are good sometimes they are not. 

Thanks Mike, will give them a buzz. 

• Like 1

MCE are killing mine too.  The whole industry knows it. MCE have be sliding down the toiled bowl for a while.  They closed their UP help line a while ago so you could only renew on line.  There are some deals out there.  A while ago I found out on the meercat that my bike status was marked as "not purchased" yet so I corrected it am knocked £100 off.  Just make sure your details and requirements are correct. 

My problen now is getting them to send confirmation of NCB.

4 hours ago, Pbassred said:

MCE are killing mine too.  The whole industry knows it. MCE have be sliding down the toiled bowl for a while.  They closed their UP help line a while ago so you could only renew on line.  There are some deals out there.  A while ago I found out on the meercat that my bike status was marked as "not purchased" yet so I corrected it am knocked £100 off.  Just make sure your details and requirements are correct. 

My problen now is getting them to send confirmation of NCB.

I've asked them to send my NCB too. I doubt they will. 

5 hours ago, Joe85 said:

What are other quotes coming in at? 

6 hours ago, goat said:

I wonder how many people in London might now be priced off a bike? When I was there mce were about the only affordable insurers.

I'd imagine a lot. I'm with them and they were quoting me well under half what the next highest was. I use my bike primarily to commute. Im working from home most days now and if insurance jumps up I don't know if I can justify the cost.  I'm not paying £1k a year in insurance on a £2k bike. 

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, daveinlim said:

I'd imagine a lot. I'm with them and they were quoting me well under half what the next highest was. I use my bike primarily to commute. Im working from home most days now and if insurance jumps up I don't know if I can justify the cost.  I'm not paying £1k a year in insurance on a £2k bike. 

That's insane. I'm guessing insurers know in London it's cheaper and more effective to use two wheels vs public transport and with covid people don't want to use transport. Add that to an insurer going belly up they have just increased their premiums, I may be just cynical but don't think so. Wrong on every level I hope you all manage to sort it,, they need to as I'd imagine two wheels in London  will become less saleable and have a knock on effect to dealers so maybe they need to get involved 

1 hour ago, Bender said:

I think theft and risk play biggest part in London. 

That's it. I don't think driving in London is all that more dangerous than anywhere else but the risk of theft is significantly higher than anywhere else in UK. Theft to use the bike in further crimes and theft to actually sell the bike on. Given that many in London won't have off street parking then the insurers can further bump up their prices. Even with crime rates falling it's not reflected in quotes 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MikeHorton said:

That's insane. I'm guessing insurers know in London it's cheaper and more effective to use two wheels vs public transport and with covid people don't want to use transport. Add that to an insurer going belly up they have just increased their premiums, I may be just cynical but don't think so. Wrong on every level I hope you all manage to sort it,, they need to as I'd imagine two wheels in London  will become less saleable and have a knock on effect to dealers so maybe they need to get involved 

Dealers offering insurance on bikes could help. It would be more competition at least

• Like 1

On 14/01/2022 at 16:33, Bender said:

What are other quotes coming in at? 

£1500 the cheapest. Some up to £4k. 

Just tried Moneysupermarket - anyone ever heard of go skippy? Just quoted me £730 😬