bike insurance

johnakay

why is it such a pain in the ass doing these on line quotes ,not interested in riding some one else's bike nor overseas riding. never inc no claim protection etc. tried ringing never get through .sorry line is busy try later or they make you wait. why can't things be simple like the old days full comp is FULL COMP not full of these add on's.

36 minutes ago, johnakay said:

why is it such a pain in the ass doing these on line quotes ,not interested in riding some one else's bike nor overseas riding. never inc no claim protection etc. tried ringing never get through .sorry line is busy try later or they make you wait. why can't things be simple like the old days full comp is FULL COMP not full of these add on's.

Fully comp used to include drive/ride Anything else as long as it was insured on another policy and legal 

Comparison sites are so much easier as is the internet, we're you around in the days of going through yellow pages and doing all that over the phone multiple times? 

Insurers attempt to provide cover for a broad range of circumstances, so offer these additional features. Imagine my situation where I do want to ride abroad, occasionally does ride someone else’s bike and does want no claims. They lose business if they don’t offer those options - declining them is simple…

I've used comparison sites for years but for my last two quotes I've called my insurer (Carole Nash) with the most competitive quotes I've found online and they've beaten them each time and even thrown in extras. This wouldn't have happened online I'm sure, the ability to haggle is a game changer for me. 

29 minutes ago, rob m said:

I've used comparison sites for years but for my last two quotes I've called my insurer (Carole Nash) with the most competitive quotes I've found online and they've beaten them each time and even thrown in extras. This wouldn't have happened online I'm sure, the ability to haggle is a game changer for me. 

They have been no where near on any of mine, insurance is like religion, unfathomable 

• Like 1

well I've finally got it sorted tried another web sight which inc no claim protect.
didn't bother with legal protection or breakdown cover cost £114.61.
thats the cheapest I've ever had insurance.lol

thanks for your replies its interesting to read what others have to say.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, rob m said:

Seems to be. It's witchcraft I tell ye!

Not really, the computer that generates any quote will be set to maximise the profit margin. So, if you call and tell them you have found a more competitive quote they already have so much leeway to reduce the quote and still make a profit. of course, most people don't take this step and simply accept the renewal or what appears to be a cheap quote - online. But it can easily be made cheaper just by making a phone call.

I've been using Bikesure now for the last 5-6 yrs for all my bikes and found them very competitive when it comes to cost and inclusions etc. 

Just had renewal through for the 1994 K1100LT including riding over here in Tunisia and through Europe backwards and forwards to UK every 3-4 months and it's come in at £107 with no add-ons for breakdown etc. So won't be changing anytime soon

• Like 2

1 hour ago, John Metcalfe said:

I've been using Bikesure now for the last 5-6 yrs for all my bikes and found them very competitive when it comes to cost and inclusions etc. 

Just had renewal through for the 1994 K1100LT including riding over here in Tunisia and through Europe backwards and forwards to UK every 3-4 months and it's come in at £107 with no add-ons for breakdown etc. So won't be changing anytime soon

Insurance is highly circumstantial. I never bother recommending anyone as comparison sites will usually give the cheapest option. Then you can call and haggle of course. 

• Like 1