Street Triple Luggage

Hi all

Not been on here for a while but its always my go to place for advice.

I am looking to have a few days away on the bike in the summer but i dont want to put a back box or paniers on my STR. 

I know i can use a backpack and usually do however I was considering a tank bag and/or a pillion bag.  Does anyone use one on an STR or have any recommendations or advice?  Cant be magnetic.

Thanks in advance. 

thanks gents, i am not looking for something too pricey.  the Kriega stuff looks greatbut comes at a premium.  What is the QBag stuff like?  

Saw this in the reviewed section and for a tenner it seems too good to be true, excellent reviews as well. 

https://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorcycle_parts/content_prod/279242

10 minutes ago, RAYK47 said:

thanks gents, i am not looking for something too pricey.  the Kriega stuff looks greatbut comes at a premium.  What is the QBag stuff like?  

Saw this in the reviewed section and for a tenner it seems too good to be true, excellent reviews as well. 

https://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorcycle_parts/content_prod/279242

Looks like a good punt for a tenner! 

I've got a Qbag which is okay but my preferred tail bag is one designed for canoes but it is waterproof and straps on to the pillion grab rails securely. I've also got a 20 litre Kriega pack which is pretty good and don't notice it on.

i have found this on ebay and i am trying to find out which model it is (to ensure it is compatible with my bike.  Also to see if its a good deal.

Givi XSTREAM 25L tank bag quick release, Tank lock system. Motorcycle luggage. | eBay

It looks like an XS306 with the detachable tablet holder part missing.  Can anyone assist with identifying it? 

34 minutes ago, rob m said:

i quite like that, i does look very similar to the Kriega stuff.  I really like the fact they are almost modular and you can add more to it (including panier style ones.

A spanner firmly in the works Rob, thanks.  I was set on the Lomo roll bag for the rear but they are always out of stock.  I am on a waiting list but not sure how long it will be. 

• Like 1

Received a 30l Rhinowalk (£35) bag today.

First impressions are that it seems pretty decent quality, loads of mount points and straps, just need to look up how to attach it the best way. 

@rob m thanks for the suggestion.  

Also went for a Givi XS306, decided against the ebay one and got a new oner instead.  I think these together shoudl see me OK for any small trip i do this year.  If not then i will add another Rhinowalk bag. 

Edited by RAYK47
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, RAYK47 said:

Received a 30l Rhinowalk (£35) bag today.

First impressions are that it seems pretty decent quality, loads of mount points and straps, just need to look up how to attach it the best way. 

@rob m thanks for the suggestion.  

Also went for a Givi XS306, decided against the ebay one and got a new oner instead.  I think these together shoudl see me OK for any small trip i do this year.  If not then i will add another Rhinowalk bag. 

We need to see a pic of the bike all fitted out with said luggage 👍

1 hour ago, MikeHorton said:

Time if only it was something we could buy I know the feeling not enough hours in the day 

That is true, you would think not having to do a 3h commute anymore would provide that time.  Unfortunately there is always something else.  

• Like 1

Waterproof bags aren’t expensive. My suggestion is measure the footprint you have to fill, with perhaps a little extra length as a few inches hanging off the rear isn’t problematic then buy a bag that will comfortably fill that, then a pair of Rokstraps to secure the bag in place. Done. Travelling solo without the extra concerns of camping makes it easier and very simple. The bulkiest item is likely a pair of shoes for off the bike.

• 2 weeks later...

I am very impressed with all the items i bought.

* UA mount with top clamp attachment - easy to install and as solid as a rock. 

* Givi tank bag - the tanklock system was easy to attach to the bike and the bag sits nicely (after adjusting it to be slightly more forward.  The bag is excellent quality but is quite large, not a bag i would use just for a little ride out but will store planty when touring.

* the Rhinowalk bag was tricky to attach as i dont have panier bard or grab rails but i have found some places and may have to play about for optimum placement.  The bag itself looks to hold a lot of stuff and was very secure once attached. 

I have ordered one more thing and thats an UA UBS socket.  Waiting for that to arrive.  UA stuff is expensive but if you put it in your basket and wait, you will get a 5% off code, wait a little longer and you will get a 10% off code.  

5 minutes ago, MikeHorton said:

Looks like you have that set up really well ready for some decent trips out 👍

Thanks Mike. The rhinowalk bag was just filled with junk boxes so doesn't sit right really. When filled with clothes etc it will be righter packed and more square. It should sit better then. 

• Like 1