Oxford Stormex Cover

Fish

So buying a cover to keep the bike dry and covered I thought I'd go for a well known brand that seem's to be the 'go to' brand. Purchased in August 21, and for the best part it's done its job.

Sadly the outter tapes covering the seams is failing, sent an email to Oxford customer services and they just said to go back to the place of purchase and let them deal with it. 

So my plan will be to get the shop to replace it, and look for another brand. My old BikeIt cover from my old 125 days seems to be the best I've seen so far.

Cover1.jpg

Cover2.jpg

Cover3.jpg

Edited by Fish

I had one of those and it held up well for a number of years, the cheaper one they did (Aquatex I think) was crap.

I did lose one though when I lazily didn't bother to do the straps at the bottom. Blew away during the night, never found it despite looking everywhere :lol:

2 minutes ago, Tiggie said:

I had one of those and it held up well for a number of years, the cheaper one they did (Aquatex I think) was crap.

I did lose one though when I lazily didn't bother to do the straps at the bottom. Blew away during the night, never found it despite looking everywhere :lol:

I got a heavy cover from xlmoto. It got stolen. Replacement was an aquatex. It's not good at all. The cover still let's rain in

• Like 1

I am on my second Aquatex cover, yeah they're not brilliant but do a good enough job for me, also there are a couple of cats that like to sit on the bike, so I would rather replace a cheap one every couple of years when they end up being more duck tape than cover :thumb:

• Like 1

Stormex are superb. All my bikes have lived outside, vulnerable to all conditions. They do very well for the price. I've found that they tend to fall apart after two years. I'll replace the one I've got with another Stormex, no question.

• 2 weeks later...

I had a Stormex and it barely lasted a year. Was not impressed. Bought one of those Chinese ones ( I know, the shame of it) that were being sold on this forum. 18 months on and it's as good as new and the bike stays dry beneath it. In addition to its own 3 straps I use 2 additional tie down straps around the bike so it doesn't flog itself in strong winds.

Edited by S-Westerly

• 1 year later...

So after 15 months mine is ripped and the tape covering the stitching is coming off and no way of complaining to the company as the shop where I bought it says it’s out of warranty what a load of rubbish Oxford products are if they don’t last much past  15 months, I now been in touch with Oxford and awaiting reply ?

Edited by Jsrides
Just an update

same as tiggie and says but i'll add that the aquatex is more a light weight portable cover that you take with you to work or shops but the stormex is a home/longer term use. yea sometimes the outer tape can loose but the main part is still very good all the same.

we have tried others but they really disont last as well.

On 13/02/2022 at 22:12, Tiggie said:

Blew away during the night, never found it despite looking everywhere :lol:

So that was yours that turned up in our garden after a stormy night.  Jings, Yorkshire to West of France , must be a record.  If you'd put your name and address on it, like you do with your underwear, I'd have waited for a good southerly wind and sent it back to you.

• Haha 1

I had an Oxford cover and it shredded itself after a year. Bought one of those Chinese ones that were being pushed on here a few years back and it's still going strong. A third of the price of the Oxford one. My bike lives under its cover in all weathers so is exposed to the full range of British climate. Liked the Chinese one enough to have bought another one for the new bike as it packs small enough to take with me when travelling. 

I’ve just bought a new Stormex, I’ve used them for 15 years now on 5 different bikes. I replace every two years when they start to fall apart and that’s fine, they’re outside in the elements keeping my bike dry and free from spying eyes, so I expect them to fall apart at some point. All of my bikes stay in great condition.

£80 every two years to do that is fine for me.