GETTING READY TO TAKE YOUR MOTORCYCLE DRIVING TEST

Guest rjhgt

• 2 months later...
DRIVING TEST? :shock:

Please please edit all instances of the word DRIVING to RIDING. Haha! :D

Completely agree. You don't DRIVE a motorbike, you RIDE one.

You don't call Marquez, Rossi etc a motorbike driver!!

So just to clear up, do you:

Drive a car

Ride a Bike

And float a boat?

• 10 months later...

Hello,

When I give a driving test how much speed maintain while driving where I am careful & if anything doing wrong by me how can I correct my mistake because I will give this test first time.

Thanks IN Advance

DRIVING TEST? :shock:

Please please edit all instances of the word DRIVING to RIDING. Haha! :D

Drive a car

Ride a Bike

And float a boat?

Actually you navigate a boat

Hello,

When I give a driving test how much speed maintain while driving where I am careful & if anything doing wrong by me how can I correct my mistake because I will give this test first time.

Thanks IN Advance

Hi [mention]jeny88[/mention] and welcome to the forum.

On the test you need to be very careful of changes in speed limits particularly where it goes from 30 to 20 mph. Ideally you need to keep to the speed posted or maybe 1 mph below. Do not exceed the speed limit. In 30 and 40 mph you might get away with a mile or two over the limit as long as it is not for long. You need to demonstrate that you are observant and can maintain progress at the speed limit specified.

Hope this helps and good luck.

• 3 weeks later...

Drive a car

Ride a Bike

And float a boat?

Actually you navigate a boat

Sink a Sub

• 2 months later...

DRIVING TESTS FAULTS

Failing to make progress by riding at less than the speed limit when safe to do so.

This is a bit of a strange one unless you were exceptionally slow as to seriously impede other traffic and it would appear you are not confident. The highway code (rule 146) states "Do not treat speed limits as a target. It's often not appropriate or safe to drive at the speed limit". Of course, if it's safe (and I assume they consider it's appropriate when it's safe, though I can't find that defined in the highway code) and doesn't conflict with rule 125 when riding in wet weather or around bends etc, then you can but I rarely ever see minimum speed limit signs when driving. I can't see what is appropriate in the highway code. It might not be courteous to other road users to drive slowly but think it would be wrong to be penalised for riding say, 20mph in a 30 zone when there isn't a minimum speed sign (not that I would if it was safe to go a bit faster).

Just to add my friend got two minors on this and then just given an out right fail for driving too slow. Her argument was that out in the country roads there was mud, it was wet and a bit slippery from previous wet and icy days, and it was starting to rain, so she held off a little knowing bends were coming up. He still decided it was a fail.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This post is really old and now the test rules have changed. Specifically the split between Mod 1 and 2 any chance it could be rewritten?

Looks like it was lifted from a training school.

Perhaps rather than doing a direct lift maybe just a sentence overview of Mod 1 and Mod 2 then direct link to gov.uk? Then you never have to update it again unless they split it up even more! :)

Can you tell this is what Ive been advising people to do at work for the last 6 months lol? The joy of local government.