1998 Honda VFR800fi, part dismantled. SOLD

Long back story cut short. I started stripping my VFR down a couple of years ago when we moved house, expecting to have time to make it roadworthy. Unfortunately seriously underestimating just how much work was needed on the house meant I just don?t have any time to work on it.

Pre-strip down it was a good runner but wouldn’t pass an MoT due to leaking forks, leaking oil pipes and a previously notified leaking rocker cover. Cosmetically it was also in pretty  rough condition (I’m not really selling this well am I).

I’m looking for £400 for spares or repair, collect from near Brampton, Cumbria.

I’ll post photos when I get opportunity

Edited by Steve_M

3 minutes ago, goat said:

Might be interested. How soon did you want it moved?

It’s not in my way, (it’s been where it is this long, a bit longer won’t hurt) so to suit you. 

This is the bike just before I removed the front wheel and fork legs. I’ve started dismantling under the fuel tank - the coils are loose, but that’s pretty well as far as I’ve got.

i’ll post photos of the bike pre-dissembling, from a couple of years ago. They’re probably flattering as the bodywork has numerous scratches and cracks.

8EDE8861-C2D6-43FB-AB01-2F501016538C.jpeg

47 minutes ago, goat said:

Well I'm out. Its just what I'm looking for but have got to be sensible and put the money towards house renovations. 🙄

Damn house renovation (the reason I need to sell). 😥

15 minutes ago, Steve_M said:

Damn house renovation (the reason I need to sell). 😥

Tell me about it.  We promised ourselves not to buy a fixed upper but still did 🤣

1 hour ago, goat said:

Tell me about it.  We promised ourselves not to buy a fixed upper but still did 🤣

Our retirement was supposed to be downsize house, upsize garden. Perhaps a small project (extension / redecorate type thing). The garden upsize certainly happened (from 70’s estate type house to 3 acres), the house is about the same size as our previous one and is a complete gut and renovate project. Aargh.  

3 hours ago, goat said:

Well I'm out. Its just what I'm looking for but have got to be sensible and put the money towards house renovations. 🙄

You know this offer aint going to come up again any time soon so I say never look a gift horse in the mouth Goat.

Go on you know you want it.

On 08/05/2022 at 19:01, oldgrump said:

Hi, also might be tempted, again would like to see some photo's, and earliest I could pick up would be 18th June!!!

I’m on holiday for a couple of weeks soon, so 18th June or after is no problem.

Edited by Steve_M

9 hours ago, oldgrump said:

Hi @Steve_M, couple of quick question's what's the mileage, and are the fork legs pitted?

Mileage 49,000 miles (ish)

I’ll need to check the fork legs when I get home this evening but I would assume yes as the fork seals need replacing.