How many hours training for Module 1? How many hours training for Module 2?

Both my son and son in law reckoned the Mod 1 was harder than the Mod 2. When we used some kicking tees to mark out a slalom and Mod 1 u turn in an empty car park I found it surprisingly difficult to negotiate the slalom. Got it in the end but wouldn't like to do it under pressure!

12 hours ago, peatear said:

Slightly bored of this obvious trolling. And this just proves you're doing it. Not difficult to do figures of 8, u turn has enough space, slalom cones far enough apart and its all ezpz no problem.
But you've never ridden.
I doubt i'm the only one to think that the u-turn space looks tiny when you're not used to doing u-turns and are new to riding. Hell, I touched the line on the test.

Please just take peoples advice and accept the ones that seem logical and make sense, and is how you want to ride. Once you actually start riding that is. You'll not know anything until you do.

You should really stop with the accusation of me being a troll. It’s ad nauseam. I could have used the same ad hominem for the in my opinion lunatics who claimed there wasn’t really a problem with someone passing his test and getting one of the fastest superbikes in the world straightaway. 

I don’t need to have ridden a motorbike. I have watched loads of videos on YouTube and I’ve looked online at various training schools and they offer courses with only a couple of hours or at the most a few (3 or 4) hours and that includes a mock test for training for Module 1. People fall Module 1 because their nerves get the better of them and they do silly things like put their foot down, hit a cone, etc. There’s nothing in the Module 1 test that strikes me as even remotely difficult. The two white lines to do a u-turn are more than enough apart to do one fairly easily… you look where you want to go and your bike will go there; throttle control, clutch control and rear brake control if necessary and one shouldn’t have any problems. The slalom isn’t difficult at all, the cones are miles apart and again it’s just all about control. Ditto for the figures of eight. Ditto for the slow speed control. 

I know that people are different and some people pick things up quicker than other people, but that doesn’t mean any part of the test is difficult.

9 hours ago, S-Westerly said:

Both my son and son in law reckoned the Mod 1 was harder than the Mod 2. When we used some kicking tees to mark out a slalom and Mod 1 u turn in an empty car park I found it surprisingly difficult to negotiate the slalom. Got it in the end but wouldn't like to do it under pressure!

What was it about the slalom that made you find it “surprisingly difficult”? Did you struggle with the control aspect of it? Or, was it something to do with where to look or how wide to turn?

19 minutes ago, Geoff Wilson said:

What was it about the slalom that made you find it “surprisingly difficult”? Did you struggle with the control aspect of it? Or, was it something to do with where to look or how wide to turn?

What does it matter? You've watched YouTube, it's easy. Why ask questions when you know the answers? your armchair expertise shames us. 

I fail to see why the constant search for knowledge on here, coupled with personal attacks when you don't like the answers.

You then refute 99% of the advice that's given, most of which has come from riders that have been riding linger than youtube has existed. 

Accusations of being a troll come from your ability to ask questions argue the toss, act like a prat then start again. 

I'm sure the birds need feeding and the trees need watering. 

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Geoff Wilson said:

I don’t need to have ridden a motorbike. I have watched loads of videos on YouTube

I have been on a plane and seen videos of them online and seen them in real life! 

Doesn't mean I can fly one :roll: 

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, Geoff Wilson said:

I don’t need to have ridden a motorbike. I have watched loads of videos on YouTube and I’ve looked online at various training schools and they offer courses with only a couple of hours or at the most a few (3 or 4) hours and that includes a mock test for training for Module 1. People fall Module 1 because their nerves get the better of them and they do silly things like put their foot down, hit a cone, etc. There’s nothing in the Module 1 test that strikes me as even remotely difficult. The two white lines to do a u-turn are more than enough apart to do one fairly easily… you look where you want to go and your bike will go there; throttle control, clutch control and rear brake control if necessary and one shouldn’t have any problems. The slalom isn’t difficult at all, the cones are miles apart and again it’s just all about control. Ditto for the figures of eight. Ditto for the slow speed control. 

I know that people are different and some people pick things up quicker than other people, but that doesn’t mean any part of the test is difficult.

Mod 1 is a piece of piss! ... Get yourself booked in asap and let us know how you get on!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Bender said:

I fail to see why the constant search for knowledge on here, coupled with personal attacks when you don't like the answers.

You then refute 99% of the advice that's given, most of which has come from riders that have been riding linger than youtube has existed. 

Accusations of being a troll come from your ability to ask questions argue the toss, act like a prat then start again. 

I'm sure the birds need feeding and the trees need watering. 

Are you using the fallacious argument of argument ad populum? Tut-tut. Just because the majority of people think a certain way does not mean it’s true.

I feed the birds in my local park on a daily basis mate.

7 hours ago, Geoff Wilson said:

When have I ever claimed that I could ride a bike?

I never said you did :roll:

But according to you the test isn't that hard as you have watched videos! It's just all about control and doesn't look that hard! 

So if it's that easy why all the worry about doing it? Why the million and one questions to be then slated by someone who hasn't done the tests but thinks they are easy because YouTube says it is! 

Why are you asking us what we think when you clearly just argue the toss with the answers and think you know better? 

• Like 1

I'm making a conscious decision to ignore certain posts on this and other threads now in the hope certain people will stick to YouTube for their advice which is the holy grail and cannot be disputed

Edited by MikeHorton
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Old-codger said:

Ive watched a few you tube clips on splitting the atom so how hard can it be????? I should have it sorted in a few days im off to the shed.

Have you ever watched Cold Feet? You sound like John Thomson and Hermione Norris!

Edited by Geoff Wilson
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Old-codger said:

Ive watched a few you tube clips on splitting the atom so how hard can it be????? I should have it sorted in a few days im off to the shed.

Prob best start off with a heavy water reactor,  not sure how heavy it needs to be so best use a big bucket, that's sure to be heavy when full. 

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, Stu said:

I never said you did :roll:

But according to you the test isn't that hard as you have watched videos! It's just all about control and doesn't look that hard! 

So if it's that easy why all the worry about doing it? Why the million and one questions to be then slated by someone who hasn't done the tests but thinks they are easy because YouTube says it is! 

Why are you asking us what we think when you clearly just argue the toss with the answers and think you know better? 

I think most of the people on here are crackers.

13 minutes ago, Geoff Wilson said:

I think most of the people on here are crackers.

Then please leave. 

• Like 1

I passed my mod 1 last summer and imo it's not as easy as some make out esp as you've likely had about 6/7 hours of practice at most.

I recall with no pleasure at all the turn your head and the bike will follow whilst trying the slalom time and time again or your shakiness whilst doing the u turn

Even the manual handling wasn't easy as the feckin thing weighs like 200kg and I'm a fairly slim 10'7 bloke.

I'm just glad to never ever have to do a figure of 8 again

To hear someone who's not done it saying it's easy is proper weird !

47 minutes ago, Blackholesun said:

I passed my mod 1 last summer and imo it's not as easy as some make out esp as you've likely had about 6/7 hours of practice at most.

I recall with no pleasure at all the turn your head and the bike will follow whilst trying the slalom time and time again or your shakiness whilst doing the u turn

Even the manual handling wasn't easy as the feckin thing weighs like 200kg and I'm a fairly slim 10'7 bloke.

I'm just glad to never ever have to do a figure of 8 again

To hear someone who's not done it saying it's easy is proper weird !

You can move the bike from the bay you stopped in to the other bay in no particular order.

What did you find difficult about the slalom? IIRC the cones are 4.5m apart from each other! 

You can take the figures of eight as wide as you want.

6 or 7 hours for Mod 1????? I have never seen that on any training schools websites. 

10 minutes ago, Geoff Wilson said:

You can move the bike from the bay you stopped in to the other bay in no particular order.

What did you find difficult about the slalom? IIRC the cones are 4.5m apart from each other! 

You can take the figures of eight as wide as you want.

6 or 7 hours for Mod 1????? I have never seen that on any training schools websites. 

Digital Marketing Influencer GIF