How many hours training for Module 1? How many hours training for Module 2?

1 hour ago, Geoff Wilson said:

You can move the bike from the bay you stopped in to the other bay in no particular order.

What did you find difficult about the slalom? IIRC the cones are 4.5m apart from each other! 

You can take the figures of eight as wide as you want.

6 or 7 hours for Mod 1????? I have never seen that on any training schools websites. 

I think my mod 1 was 2 days So a full day then test next morning 

Maybe not the slalom but the figure of 8 was hard when you've never really done it before  and I think it's just tje whole experience of never having sat on a 200kg 600cc bike before and then doing all that nerves get you aswell...I did pass 1st time mind but had 3 or 4 minors 

I also practiced on my 125 before and it was no comparison, may aswell have been doing it on my bicycle

Edited by Blackholesun

2 hours ago, Geoff Wilson said:

You can move the bike from the bay you stopped in to the other bay in no particular order.

What did you find difficult about the slalom? IIRC the cones are 4.5m apart from each other! 

You can take the figures of eight as wide as you want.

6 or 7 hours for Mod 1????? I have never seen that on any training schools websites. 

Come on Geoff, Mod 1 is a piece of piss! Stop faffing around and get your Mod 1 booked and done!

Get your instructor to take a video and post it on here too, then we can all see how well you've done!

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Blackholesun said:

I think my mod 1 was 2 days So a full day then test next morning 

Maybe not the slalom but the figure of 8 was hard when you've never really done it before  and I think it's just tje whole experience of never having sat on a 200kg 600cc bike before and then doing all that nerves get you aswell...I did pass 1st time mind but had 3 or 4 minors 

I also practiced on my 125 before and it was no comparison, may aswell have been doing it on my bicycle

That’s my point. Nerves can get the better of anyone. 

What did you get minors for fella?

Did you find Mod 2 easier?

2 hours ago, KiwiBob said:

Come on Geoff, Mod 1 is a piece of piss! Stop faffing around and get your Mod 1 booked and done!

Get your instructor to take a video and post it on here too, then we can all see how well you've done!

You’re off your rocker!

Have you taken your medication today?

You’re not all there. 

6 minutes ago, Geoff Wilson said:

That’s my point. Nerves can get the better of anyone. 

What did you get minors for fella?

Did you find Mod 2 easier?

I think one was for doing the biggest figure of 8 on earth and one was for going a bit slow on the ride up to the speed trap.

didn’t find mod 2 particularly easy either but passed in the end thank fook !

4 hours ago, Geoff Wilson said:

No. 

You should never ever tell me what to do.

GFY.

If that is your attitude, why are you on a forum asking for advice? 

If you really believe CBT and the mods are that easy then just go and do them, then you can come back and tell us all how fantastic you were. 

On my CBT  I did the whole day. I did not need to as I had been riding for years before it, but a licence cock up meant  I lost motorcycle entitlement so effectively I was classed as a learner, but the instructor didn't want to go out on the roads with just the 2 complete novices he had (he put me up front so they could follow me and he could keep an eye on them from the rear) 

Watching all the videos in the world will not teach you clutch control when moving at walking pace, or how to feather the rear brake - you need to actually be on a bike for that and not all bikes are the same. A young lad I knew passed his tests and bought a Aprilia race replica 125, and unless you hit about 6000rpm before releasing the clutch the damn thing stalled (I know, I tried the bloody thing out at work one day). 

So, my advice, stop buggering about on here and go get the tests done

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, billy sugger said:

If that is your attitude, why are you on a forum asking for advice? 

If you really believe CBT and the mods are that easy then just go and do them, then you can come back and tell us all how fantastic you were. 

On my CBT  I did the whole day. I did not need to as I had been riding for years before it, but a licence cock up meant  I lost motorcycle entitlement so effectively I was classed as a learner, but the instructor didn't want to go out on the roads with just the 2 complete novices he had (he put me up front so they could follow me and he could keep an eye on them from the rear) 

Watching all the videos in the world will not teach you clutch control when moving at walking pace, or how to feather the rear brake - you need to actually be on a bike for that and not all bikes are the same. A young lad I knew passed his tests and bought a Aprilia race replica 125, and unless you hit about 6000rpm before releasing the clutch the damn thing stalled (I know, I tried the bloody thing out at work one day). 

So, my advice, stop buggering about on here and go get the tests done

So it’s fine for people to mock me and insult me, but I can’t give it back, is that what you think? Give me a break. 

I am not saying that its “easy” to get your bike license, but I don’t think there’s anything particularly difficult to do in the Module 1 test. Do you? 

I’ll be doing my CBT at the back end of next month.

15 minutes ago, Geoff Wilson said:

So it’s fine for people to mock me and insult me, but I can’t give it back, is that what you think? Give me a break. 

I am not saying that its “easy” to get your bike license, but I don’t think there’s anything particularly difficult to do in the Module 1 test. Do you? 

Good luck my journey consisted of 2 CBT 1 mod 1 and 3 mod 2 before I finally passed! Well worth the grand it cost me before I even bought my bike ! But now I ride everyday and love it best thing I ever done...after getting married and kids n all that obviously🧐

27 minutes ago, Geoff Wilson said:

I didn't find the test difficult, as I said in my post I had ridden for years before having to do any of the CBT or mods, but a DVLA issue robbed me of my full bike licence so had to do all three. the only problem I had was pushing the bike around due to my ileostomy 

31 minutes ago, Gerontious said:

So there you have it.. all this and he hasn't even done his CBT.

shocker.

When have I ever claimed to have ridden a bike? 

You’re either misunderstanding my arguments or deliberately misconstruing my arguments. 

I have never said that the tests are “easy”, I just stated that I don’t think there’s anything particularly difficult. 

If theres nothing particularly difficult would that not mean it's easy 🤔

I'm guessing if it's not particularly difficult everyone would pass. I have a driving refresher at work every 5 years that's not a given that I will always pass! 

According to official government statistics the pass rate for both Mod 1 and 2 is about 70% - this does not unfortunately differentiate between first timers or repeat candidates. Rumour from folks running bike training is that it's a rare candidate who sails through both first time. Try it and see then tell us how easy it is.