People who only wear a hoodie, jeans and trainers, why?

18 hours ago, Geoff Wilson said:

I care about other people's safety.

that is a statement... but you have not answered the question ...  

here is an example ... i care about peoples mental health .. because some people are a danger to themselves and should be sectioned in a secure unit .... 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Geoff Wilson said:

I care about other people's safety.

It's good you care, but remember it's not your decision, and if people haven't asked for advice they probably don't want it.

When I took my test it didn’t go swimmingly ( another story ), after it was over the examiner asked me what I had been doing wrong constantly through my test .. I was gutted and confessed I hadn’t a clue …

he pointed at my trainers & said “get some flipping proper boots … congratulations you’ve passed” 

I did !!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I rode the bike from the front of the house to the rear entrance in the car park once. It was only about 40 metres.  No gloves on just felt weird.

I've been riding my brother's atv around the town here in Canada. No lid or gloves etc. Feels very strange and I keep expecting to be pulled over by the police!!! :|

Motorbikes do require a helmet. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Tiggie said:

I've been riding my brother's atv around the town here in Canada. No lid or gloves etc. Feels very strange and I keep expecting to be pulled over by the police!!! :|

Just put moose over the bars you will blend right in. 

• Haha 2

Personally, I don't care.

[If I cared for everyone's safety I would never rest or sleep]

I wear protective gear when out on a blast. Sometimes, I wear shorts...

15 hours ago, Tiggie said:

It's the same here in the U.K. Sometimes see people on quads on the road without a helmet.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, fullscreenaging said:

It was fun while it lasted…

Oh no, now I’m concerned for his safety, I won’t sleep.

Hopefully he’s found a nice bridge to sleep under.

1 hour ago, Mickly said:

Oh no, now I’m concerned for his safety, I won’t sleep.

Hopefully he’s found a nice bridge to sleep under.

Or a tree to chat to !

Cheers

Ian

• Haha 1

Thanks everyone for thinking about me whilst I have been absent from this forum for a few days. 

I have been busy growing some rhubarb, cooking some rice pudding (with skin on the top of it) and feeding the birds in the local park.

Take care everyone. 

• Haha 1

On 04/06/2022 at 02:09, Breezy said:

Personally, I don't care.

[If I cared for everyone's safety I would never rest or sleep]

I wear protective gear when out on a blast. Sometimes, I wear shorts...

Why did you use square brackets?

I kind of understand it, when it is very hot, as overheating in full gear could be as risky as riding in non-protective gear. But, there is protective gear for hot weather riding and there is no excuse for not wearing boots and gloves, which is important as our natural reaction is protecting ourselves with our hands and feet. I will ride the 500m, will not even get to 30mph from my lock-up to my house with just boots, gloves and a helmet.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Last couple weeks it's been fairly warm here in UK and I work as a delivery driver. Think it might have been end of last week or start of week just gone while I was out and about and I saw someone on a sports bike riding with all the gear on and then a pair of shorts? I mean if he'd have come off his top half and feet might have been okay but his legs?

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

I’m guilty of this, although it’s only been a handful of times. I really enjoy riding and and it helps me unwind/ keep sane, past couple of days has been unbearably hot so went out in cargo pants and a t shirt, only safety gear was gloves and helmet. 

Isn’t something I would do regularly and generally feel very uncomfortable riding without All the gear all the time. Having said that I’ve seen lots of people riding without correct gear and hammering it down the motorway which makes the mind boggle.

1 hour ago, Hamza said:

I’m guilty of this, although it’s only been a handful of times. I really enjoy riding and and it helps me unwind/ keep sane, past couple of days has been unbearably hot so went out in cargo pants and a t shirt, only safety gear was gloves and helmet. 

Isn’t something I would do regularly and generally feel very uncomfortable riding without All the gear all the time. Having said that I’ve seen lots of people riding without correct gear and hammering it down the motorway which makes the mind boggle.

It is so tempting especially in the heat. Over the winter bag some bargains on some summer gear retailers will want to offload. I have an Oxford mesh jacket with removable rain liner with ce armour was a steal at £40 2 years back and some aramid jeans with ce pads which were about £60. At least next year you can be all kitted out cool and safe Hamza, just do your best this summer. I know it's tempting and money is getting tighter for most. Least make sure you have a decent helmet, boots and gloves as a minimum. 

• Thanks 1

You need to see them over here. Helmets are supposed to be compulsory but nobody wears them and when they do they either don't fit properly, not fastened or wearing something under them or all of the above. Shorts t-shirts/vests and "protective" flip flops are a common site also and then they wonder why when the going sliding down the tarmac their skin gets left behind along with other various body parts. 

We won't even go to town, less than 1km without helmets, jackets, riding jeans, short boots & gloves.

The best thing over here if there's a bad accident which results in a fatality the police don't close the road off or even cover the bodies. We asked a friend of ours who's a bike cop and he said it's to try and deter people from driving like fools. They even leave the wrecked vehicles on display outside the police station for everyone to see. The number of cars and bikes we've seen smashed to pieces with bit of skin, flesh and blood splattered all over would make most of the uk public run for cover screaming.

We're part of a MCC here called VIP Motards who based at a bike shop in Tunis and they organise regular ride outs, tours and rallys, but before you can join one of the rides you have to have both your bike inspected along with your riding gear to ensure it meets minimum safety standards. Meaning, not right kit or bike unsafe/unfit then no join in regardless. It's a pity not everyone who rides 2 wheels over here follows these protocols etc

• Like 2