And this sums up the world at the mo 😂

Bender

I don't see what the problem is with this, albeit odd sounding decision. If there is no specific legislation for the protection of important insects then why not just attach it to legislation already in place?

Males an attention grabbing headline. but that's about it.

Wild bees just like every other important insect species are heading for extinction and they will be followed by every plant species that depends on them and then every animal species that depends on those plants. tick tock.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Gerontious said:

I don't see what the problem is with this, albeit odd sounding decision. If there is no specific legislation for the protection of important insects then why not just attach it to legislation already in place?

Males an attention grabbing headline. but that's about it.

Wild bees just like every other important insect species are heading for extinction and they will be followed by every plant species that depends on them and then every animal species that depends on those plants. tick tock.

There is no problem apart from calling bees fish instead of having a system that would just protect them as the species they are. 

1 minute ago, Bender said:

There is no problem apart from calling bees fish instead of having a system that would just protect them as the species they are. 

Not something I care about.. isn't it more likely to be a journalistic spin on a decision?

1 hour ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

I'll just throw in here that when I started with bees my first hive was double brood. That's upwards of 80,000 bees in a single colony.

That's comparable to, say, someone passing their motorcycle test and buying a 1000cc bike.

If you called that bike a fish no one would bat an eye lid 😁 

23 hours ago, S-Westerly said:

Ah, but what gender are they and is their lived experience mean they really are fish and not insects?

I think that depends what they are identifying as at the time?