Where to start ?

Fletch

Hi,

looking to do a track day as I’d love to have some fun without putting anyone in danger .

not sure where to start considering there’s loads of different websites etc

Currently ride a superduke 1290r so not sure if it’s best to go with that and possibly drop it and lose 12k

heko , advice and experiences would be good

thanks in advance 

What area you live in .

As a beginner Castle coombe would be my suggestion.

Only 12 people on track at a time .

10-15 session length 

Great instructors and a good policy on riding standards.

As other tracks can have 15-30 on track for 20 minutes and be more in it to just have bums on seats .

Hi pal,

I live in Manchester so it’s a long drive that my nearest is oulton park. 

yeah I’m after the best experience to decide if I like it really

I've done a few track days at Oulton, it's a lovely circuit to ride. With it being on the BSB Calendar you get some really fast riders there, these are generally reasonably safe people to have around you because they are used to tracks and know what they are doing.

Unfortunately you also get some who think they are really fast riders, and they are a liability who you need to steer clear of.

A friends philosophy is always book into the fast group, regardless of your ability, because the experienced fast riders will simply go around you and disappear into the distance (until they pass you again 😆)

Haha I like that ! Yeah just a bit apprehensive with it all really wanna do it but when because I’d be going on my own just seems daunting .

thanks for info pal 

2 hours ago, Fletch said:

Haha I like that ! Yeah just a bit apprehensive with it all really wanna do it but when because I’d be going on my own just seems daunting .

thanks for info pal 

Track days here in England are becoming difficult, u must have brake lever protector, than there is the noise limit, I have superduke gt, so same engine, with aftermarket end can, probably over the limit on some tracks.

Back protectors too. I would not take a 12K bike on a track day, get a SH SV650 or Triumph 675 and make it track safe (good brakes, good tyres, crash protection) and get a trailer then there is not restriction to circuits. Check out Jammie Whitthams track days. It will cost you a fortune no matter which route you take. 

All the best

Rob

16 hours ago, Marino said:

Track days here in England are becoming difficult, u must have brake lever protector, than there is the noise limit, I have superduke gt, so same engine, with aftermarket end can, probably over the limit on some tracks.

Yeah I’ve got an Austin racing slip on so I’m not 100% sure it will be ok either which is another hurdle 

No personal experience , but I would endorse the idea of building a Track Specific bike and buying a trailer . There must be loads of tatty R1's and Blades out there .

Screenshot_20220609-143548.png

Edited by fastbob

1 hour ago, Marino said:

Anyone have any experience on Three sisters race track

My local track, it can be quite challenging, especially in the wet - (I used to race Karts back in the day). They used to hold a turn up and ride - not been for a while though. Well worth the money :thumb:

39 minutes ago, Pie man said:

My local track, it can be quite challenging, especially in the wet - (I used to race Karts back in the day). They used to hold a turn up and ride - not been for a while though. Well worth the money :thumb:

Thanks👍👍😀

I don't want to put a damper on things but a Race Track does not guarantee you protection from serious injuries . Somebody I know suffered life changing damage to a foot and a hand but it could have been much worse . Their Arai helmet was split in two . Probably if they had had more experience of kicking away from the bike in a slide it might have gone differently . 

• Like 1