Anyone else think this

Davidtav

So yesterday I returned from my holiday in Scotland. And I did put it off a bit. But set off when weather looked reasonable. But honestly I had six hours on the bike. A lot of them in heavy rain and wind . Anyway today my daughter asked me how awful it had been. I said actually I had really enjoyed it

• Like 2

I will not go out if its raining but I have been caught out while out and about and also time I have had to ride in it and to be honest I have enjoyed most rides! :? 

I am fair weather rider and definitely I will not get out on the bike if rains or if is too cold. However, many times 

got caught by rain, sometimes hours and hours of rain , even cold weather, newer regret it. Any moment on bike is the pure pleasure for me.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, MikeHorton said:

Even in the winter in crap weather its invigorating blows the cobwebs away 

Yeah!!! 

I went out with a few lads from work and when we set off it was 4 degrees and ice on the side of the roads! but it was dry! 

I had all my textiles on and a few layers coupled with my heated seat and grips I was pretty toasty 

As a result I forgot how cold it actually was until I went barrelling in to a corner like it was mid summer then realised the roads was covered in salt and it was freezing! 

I got a little too carried away but by eck was it fun :lol: 

• Haha 2

When I collected the 500 it was lashing it down and I got soaked, but the ride back from London to Northampton was brilliant, especially when I got the chance to open the throttle from Oxford onwards

• Like 1

I don't mind riding in the rain. But drizzle and fog are not pleasant.

Modern tyres really do make it a much better experience than it was years ago.

Call me a chicken but I would not even consider going on the bike when it is Icy 

I can barely stay upright in good weather 

But like everyone else i have been caught in the rain many times and did not mind once you have the right gear on and keep dry :-)

J

Beating the elements, with decent clothing, is part of the challenge. I don't just mean rain, but also heat. Not that that has been an issue this year. I don't remember seeing the thermometer over 20 degrees and it is June!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Throttled said:

Beating the elements, with decent clothing, is part of the challenge. I don't just mean rain, but also heat. Not that that has been an issue this year. I don't remember seeing the thermometer over 20 degrees and it is June!

yes i went out last night and i wondered if i should  wear my wolly hat the seasons are changing big style

Edited by skyrider

I once said I would not ride in snow and ice, I have to update that to I don’t choose to ride in snow and ice.

Rain I would rather avoid however I will ride in it, I might not go for a ride out in heavy rain.  However the threat of rain ain’t going to stop me if I get wet so be it…

Any weather rider - well, when I say any weather, I mean I don't mind the rain and cold - I try not to commute on icy roads and deep snow. Over the years I have invested in good clobber - heated clothing and heated seat etc.   

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Throttled said:

Yes I still have my thermal lining in the jacket and trousers. 

I'm off up to Scotland end of the week.  I know full well I'm going to get soaked at some stage.  It never dampens my enthusiasm, I still love it, it's just great to get away and explore.  As Throttled said, having decent clothing goes a long way to making it more bearable.  A few of my mates don't understand why I still enjoy it so much, but they're not bikers .... Flip side of that coin I don't understand their fascination for laying on a beach in Spain for seven days.  Each to their own I suppose.

• Like 2

On 10/06/2022 at 23:13, MikeHorton said:

I might put some keis heated clothing on my Xmas list! 

First mention of Xmas in 2022. Congratulations! 🤮🤣

Edited by Breezin
  • Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...

We've currently got the opposite end of the weather spectrum over here coz it's too foooookin hot average 35C, if there can be such weather.

Even though 99% of the locals ride their death trap scooters/mopeds and in some cases proper bikes with no helmets or any other form of protective gear, and then wonder why they get mashed when the y fall off. I for one will not ride without helmet, protective jacket, jeans, boots and gloves. These can be replaced body parts can't.

Edited by John Metcalfe
  • Like 2