Logic - durashift quickshifter use - yeah a daft question

jedibiker

I know to some this is daft but bare with me.

Ive never had a bike with it on, and the z1000sx has arrived and as i wanted to change the gear lever so it doesnt feel like im lifting my toe  so high notice this device.

is it an actual quickshifter so i can change gear at any rev etc, or something else.

cheers

FB_IMG_1655314762765.jpg

Its a quick shifter 

Ride the bike and while you have the power on without reducing the throttle just change gear 

It will cut the ignition and allow a gear change then be back on power again 

they work really well but can take a little to get used to 

I'm presuming it's an upshift only?  If so, as Stu says, keep the power on and upshift through the gears.  I have one and absolutely love it, especially for the fast runs.  Its also great if you have a pillion, makes the shift transition smoother and helps stop that helmet clash you sometimes get with someone on the back.  Not sure about your one but on mine it recommends not to use it between 1st and 2nd gear, above 2nd gear though no issues.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jedibiker said:

well thats a huge bonus.

can it be adjusted so the lever a little lower, assuming this is now in control of that

Just had a look at my bike and the lever is on a spline,  so I assume it can be taken off and adjusted accordingly without having any effect on the quick shifter?  Never had to adjust my lever though, but it doesn't look to be a problem.  Maybe someone here with a little more knowledge of the system will know more 

On 16/06/2022 at 07:37, jedibiker said:

well thats a huge bonus.

can it be adjusted so the lever a little lower, assuming this is now in control of that

Sorry forgot to answer that bit 🤣

You should be able to adjust it as normal with the connecting rod from the gear lever to the selector shaft 

On 17/06/2022 at 07:40, Stu said:

Sorry forgot to answer that bit 🤣

You should be able to adjust it as normal with the connecting rod from the gear lever to the selector shaft 

yeah was just a case of loosen the lock nut, turn it to lower pedal and tighten, made a great difference. cheers

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jedibiker said:

yeah was just a case of loosen the lock nut, turn it to lower pedal and tighten, made a great difference. cheers

It's the simple things eh 

Have you tried the quickshifter yet 😁

On 21/06/2022 at 08:23, Stu said:

It's the simple things eh 

Have you tried the quickshifter yet 😁

I have and its awesome.. bike still drops power for a slight second but its way better than using clutch.. haha

• Like 1