I'm not having a lot of luck

EX GASMAN

In my post from yesterday I said about the bike not charging, now I've fixed that (bodge} I was off to get the parts to do a good repair but got less than 100 yards

Flat tyre, I pumped it up and it's straight back down. Breakdown people are on their way 

Edited by EX GASMAN
  • Sad 2

At least you got recovered in under 2 hours. 

When my trye had a blow out on the way home from work in Narborough it took over 5 hours before I got a call from a recovery guy asking whereabouts was I. Got home gone midnight

4 hours ago, billy sugger said:

At least you got recovered in under 2 hours. 

When my trye had a blow out on the way home from work in Narborough it took over 5 hours before I got a call from a recovery guy asking whereabouts was I. Got home gone midnight

I'm with Auto aid, first time I've had to use them no complaints, the only thing is they got me to find the garage before they sent the recovery van. When they did it was here within the hour.

If on bike and you believe tyre can be plugged and are with either RAC or AA make sure you request an actual ( van) Patrol from either not a garage agent .

Very few garage agents carry tyre plugs so will just recover you to a tyre repair if one is available .

36 minutes ago, Fiddlesticks said:

Considering a repair kit for under the seat. They have co2 cannisters, plugs,  glue and tools to give you a fighting chance.

That`s a good move !

I have used the Dynaplug system and it worked so well I won`t leave home without one now.

Cheers

Ian

• Like 2

I have the oxford one with the gas cannister and the glue sticks 

Have had to use it once before and it worked 

My tyres are tubless so not sure if the kit would work on a tube type tyre ( Prob not ) 

The little gas cannisters will only get to about 20 psi just enough to get to a garage to pump it up 

So If Im going on a long trip I put the 12v air pump in to the topbox and I have the SAE connector under the seat 

This one 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Rocky-Creek-Designs-4393-MotoPressor/dp/B016MA2KHC/ref=asc_df_B016MA2KHC/?tag=googshopuk-21&linkCode=df0&hvadid=310513207083&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=6107691802253886111&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=1007906&hvtargid=pla-564484985756&psc=1

No pressure gauge on them though so you need to disconnect to check pressure 

But very small 

We are all so sensible. I too have a puncture repair kit. It makes real sense when you could be left at the side of the road waiting for a patrol for hours.