Snell chain review?

GunMonkey

Hello All!

Long time lurker, first time poster. Im just wondering if anyone has used snell chains and can say how they found them? I need a new chain and have come across them on special offer and im wondering how others have found them?

Hi and welcome to the forum 

Snell is not a brand I have heard of before :? I have just had a quick google and they do seem cheap 

Which to me suggests to keep clear 

With things like this I would always go for a long term trusted brand 

• Like 1

Have use JT sprockets and iether DID or JT's own chains and have found them good quality and well priced. Use Gear oil exclusively now on all my chains, have a small bottle with gear oil and brake cleaner mixed 75 - 25 to get it thin to penetrate the rollers and keep the  seals lubed.

• Like 2

• 10 months later...

I have a Snell chain on my DR650 at the moment (fitted by the previous owner).  I have done about 3,000 miles on it and it has got to be the worst chain I've ever come across for stretching.

I have an Afam chain and sprockets ready to fit , I don't think it will be too long before I fit them.