Ev charging

Bender

From this month all ev chargers have to be smart, ie the charging of your car or bike can be controlled by the grid

Worse the electric can be pulled from your car, you get a pittance in renumeration, worse again this is stealing valuable charge cycles from your vehicle. If you change cars every 2yr or so its prob not an issue if it has to last like ours will have to when we switch they can fook right off

https://thirdrockenergy.co.uk/products/type-2-to-commando-plug-ev-portable-charger-with-lcd-screen-8a-to-32a-variable-7-4kw-5-metre?variant=37347601776793&currency=GBP&utm_medium=product_sync&utm_source=google&utm_content=sag_organic&utm_campaign=sag_organic&utm_campaign=gs-2020-05-12&utm_source=google&utm_medium=smart_campaign&gclid=Cj0KCQjw8O-VBhCpARIsACMvVLNNk1Rika1KOeYHCV4biwEwrc4wI0RhRlLQ3bKP7tTVzFfx_JhlH0AaAtq3EALw_wcB

Just so happens I have a 32amp socket outside for my welder 😁 as will any house me and my welder move too. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Smart meters. The future.

Someday soon, on a calm overcast day, when our green energy revolution is languishing in bed with a hangover and there aren't enough gigawatts to go around, a man in a room in Central London filled with cigar smoke and lit by old-fashioned light bulbs will issue the immortal words, "turn off Halifax".

• Haha 4

Quite how people are going to manage in rural areas I don't know. Expensive cars which probably can't be charged easily and a virtually nonexistent public transport network. Sounds like a winning combination.  

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, S-Westerly said:

Quite how people are going to manage in rural areas I don't know. Expensive cars which probably can't be charged easily and a virtually nonexistent public transport network. Sounds like a winning combination.  

Apparently we have these things called horses that run on grass. They look pretty dangerous to me, I don't fancy hurtling along country roads at 5mph with no brakes and dodgy steering. 

• Haha 4

Can't stand the bloody things (horses) myself. Have to revert to medieval peasant lifestyle and travel as far as I can walk. Meanwhile in China they don't give a toss about the environment whatever platitudes they might mouth in public. Officially no grit blasting allowed - on occasion like walking in a sandstorm due to dust from grit blasting. Only time I was glad to wear a mask. Being environmentally minded the owners changed from one kind of Freon Gas to a more benevolent variety. Chinese techs carefully captured the old gas into empty cylinders and then equally carefully allowed them to leak to atmosphere overnight.  Etc. Etc.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, skyrider said:

the stuff that comes out is good for putting on your roses 

Depends how well you tickle the bollocks. 

So I heard.

On 30/06/2022 at 18:43, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

Wouldn't work here. Smart chargers need a mobile signal and we don't have any. 

Plus I couldn't afford an electric car anyway. I'm just about able to manage an electric toothbrush.

Have you seen the price on electric toothbrushes.  Needed a new one and checking out Boots website they have top of the range Oral-B brushes at £500.00. 😳 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

41 minutes ago, JRH said:

Have you seen the price on electric toothbrushes.  Needed a new one and checking out Boots website they have top of the range Oral-B brushes at £500.00. 😳 

What! Mine is dying. I'm not paying that for a toothbrush even if it is gold plated.

4 hours ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

What! Mine is dying. I'm not paying that for a toothbrush even if it is gold plated.

I replaced mine with a brush from Argos by using my Nectar points. 😉

1 hour ago, S-Westerly said:

My wife has an electric toothbrush and I  just don't see the point.  I use a manual one and I don't think it makes that much difference.

My dentist seems to know the difference. When I switched from manual to electric she knew before I told her. 

• Like 1