Z1000sx Clock reset after a stall and restart

jedibiker

Morning all.

Well, the new bike has a weird issue. Ive stalled about 3 times, mostly on grass at events taking it easy. Anyway, I just restart and the clocks reset and trip resets.

Any other time Id say battery, but it was new and its giving out 14v when bike is off, 12.8 when bike turned on and 14 when running.

I tested the battery when the bike was turned over and it only dropped to 11.9. so the battery and connectors all seem fine.

So, do some bikes just do this as the stall creates a weird voltage thing, or should I look at other causes.

Thanks in advance.

9 minutes ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

My Bobber used to do that before I took off all the battery connections and cleaned them thoroughly. I reckon intermittent poor connections caused a voltage drop.

It's been fine since. 

Yeah good idea, checked tightness but not if clean. battery was done before bike was sent, its new but they may have been lazy.

Normally I would say battery but you have checked it and ruled it out! 

The only other thing it could be is a lose connector 

I had it happen on my bike once last year I stalled and when I restarted all the clocks had reset including all the settings back to factory! its never done it since 

I know a few people have had this issue on BM's and it had turned out to be the battery even though it showed good :? 

• Like 1