Egton Bridge to Stape`

Granty

Hi all.

Brilliant ride out today, Whitby to Egton Bridge and onto the Stape road and over the moors through Cropton. Onto the main road at Wrelton, through Pickering onto Scarborough and back home.

Met Larius Lambus just above the Roman Road on the lookout for marauding hordes.

Regards.

Snapshot 1 (08-08-22 15-38).png

• Like 4

16 hours ago, keith1200rs said:

My sort of riding area, although I haven't been through Cropton recently. 

Hi.

If you get out that way and get stopped by Larius you'll need a password. It's "Wolley Jumper". Baaring that you'll have a smashing ride out.

Regards. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, keith1200rs said:

The route through Newton Rawcliffe is nice as well. Lots of the roads around the area are quite bumpy though

Hi.

I was hoping to take a left at the Peacock Pub in Snainton and go through Troutsdale and on to Reasty Bank but the road was closed for some reason. It does get a bit bumpy, the water splashes can be a bit slippery and the loose gravel seems to collect more on the corners.

Edited by Granty