Rucksacks

Guest Skittles

Ok, so i've heard some horror stories about people wearing rucksacks and coming off their bike ending up being paralysed.

I've also heard people say there's nothing wrong with wearing one, and you can get some with built-in back protectors??

What is the truth about wearing a rucksack on a bike?? Advice, suggestions/alternatives, experience much appreciated.

Skits x

My old bag saved my ass during a 50mph topple on a old bike that wasnt even mine!!

The initial landing hurt but for sliding along the ground the folders etc inside really helped. Ripped my jeans to shreds but bag stopped any other damage.

I hate wearing a rucksack on me bike as it restricts me a bit. I wear a back protector under my leathers and wouldn't recommend a back pack that had a built in protector as it wont fit to your back so could move around in an off.

When I have to wear one I try to only carry soft and light things in it to reduce fatigue and it can sculpt to my back better if its soft.