what the hell

Guest TOMO

When the weather gets better I have a ride planned that I wanna do. I used to work round North Yorkshire and I know allot of back roads.

Meet at Squires.

Head to Helmsley via York, Haxby and the B1257.

From there head to Rosedale Abbey in the lower edge of the moors. Features a nice 1-in-3 hil called Rosedale Chimney from Kirkbymoorside. There's a nice pub here too.

Humpback bridge on the way out... 8-)

From there through Pickering to Thornton-Le-Dale and follow the signs for Dalby Forest (£2 for bikes) and do the Dalby Forest Drive. Cafe here too. Very quiet and remote.

Head out to Whitby as eventually we get to the coast road.

Plan then is to head back from Whitby through Scarborough and Brid, home on the A166.

im up for that 8-)

im guessing you have a standard bike then ? heading to helmsley :lol: :lol:

I have a GSX550, from 1985. It's probably older than most members here... :mrgreen:

Wasn't planning on stopping in Helmsley. There's a Jet petrol station in Kirkbymoorside.

you dont need to stop unless you get a tug from the strict plod around there :(

I'm not a fast rider/driver so no worries about getting pulled for speeding or doing anything risky.

Could get pulled for the fact that I ride an old bike and cos it's posh up there, anything old is thought to be illegal as I found out in the Toyota. :evil:

• 3 weeks later...
Not really.... just wish people put as much effort into organising stuff as they do moaning...

lol you cant talk vix, cant remember the last time i saw you on a bike :P :P

I'll be up for that ride:)

When the weather gets better I have a ride planned that I wanna do. I used to work round North Yorkshire and I know allot of back roads.

Meet at Squires.

From there head to Rosedale Abbey in the lower edge of the moors. Features a nice 1-in-3 hil called Rosedale Chimney from Kirkbymoorside. There's a nice pub here too.

From there through Pickering to Thornton-Le-Dale and follow the signs for Dalby Forest (£2 for bikes) and do the Dalby Forest Drive. Cafe here too. Very quiet and remote.

Plan then is to head back from Whitby through Scarborough and Brid, home on the A166.

Not really.... just wish people put as much effort into organising stuff as they do moaning...

lol you cant talk vix, cant remember the last time i saw you on a bike :P :P

errrr her bikes off the road and has been for a while :roll:

why dont you fix it for her zippy :mrgreen:

Guest nastro azzurro
I'll be up for that ride:)

Meet at Squires.

:stupid: 8-)

Cool.

Must point out i'm not a fast rider. I'm more a leisurely rider. I stick to the limits (mostly) and don't overtake things at every opportunity.

Feel free to amend the route. Everyone ok with the £2 toll for Dalby Forest? It's nice and very hidden when you get to the visitor centre and cafe there. If we get a nice summer, I will probably go there quite often.