Coffee @ Squires ....

Rosie

sorry not an invite, more a warning :evil:

Went last friday to meet up with some mates.

Apparently they are not selling you coffee but some chickory substitute and still charging you full whack for the privilage :shock:

it is disgusting :puke:

Really wish there was somewhere else to meet up :(

Guest nastro azzurro

Not any improvent on the usual Tat they sell then..... I have even had the Tea there as the coffee is so pants.... And i dont usually touch Tea......

hing is, It aint no good either..... :roll:

I thought the coffee was a little different. :shock:

I get a tea and get them to put a bag in the cup rather than 4 or 5 bags in a teapot without letting it brew. What a waste!!!!!

The food is cheap quality and probably fried in Hydrogenated oil too.

Theres a great building on way to Cadwell Park from here, and one on way to Bridlington... would love to be involved...

In the meantime, maybe we shud just have a look at whats already out there... get someone onboard... regular meets there etc :P

you'd only need a million - asking price for squires when he put it up for sale recently when he wanted to retire

Yeh, didnt sell though did he...... i really really really dont know why people go there.... people stay there for hours on end! I've never really liked it, and never understood the attraction :?

sounds good idea vicki. much as i like squires - handily between me and my brother in leeds - somewhere new would be nice :)

though it's handy for meeting little bro, agree and don't understand how people can stay there all day. we meet up and go for a ride!

far as i remember he did have an offer on it but there was a clause in the contract to make sure it stayed a biker place and the new prospective owners - a chain - wanted to ignore that and turn it into a 'family' pub so he wouldn't sell

Theres a great building on way to Cadwell Park from here, and one on way to Bridlington... would love to be involved...

In the meantime, maybe we shud just have a look at whats already out there... get someone onboard... regular meets there etc :P

sounds like a plan vicki...... :)

There is a place between Matlock and Buxton (If you go up the Via Gella (SP) then take the right turn at the end).

It's a really nice looking pub. Biggish car park and smack out in the middle of the countryside. Next time I am out that way (Weekend probably), I will get a pub name and location.

There is a place between Matlock and Buxton (If you go up the Via Gella (SP) then take the right turn at the end).

It's a really nice looking pub. Biggish car park and smack out in the middle of the countryside. Next time I am out that way (Weekend probably), I will get a pub name and location.

if youre up that way korbs try this route

first mile or so is a bit bad road surface but then does it make up for it had great fun there on sunday ...

Good points for Squires = location, facilities.

Bad points = smelly toilets, dreadfull tea and coffee, unhealthy (but once in a while quite okish) food, prices !! and did I mention smelly toilets??

I personally don't like the place, but I go there to meet up with mates and it just happens to be the most central place.

Willingham Woods is getting rather overpriced as well.

Seaways still seems to have the edge, but I still feel it is rather "clicky" with a lot of its visitors.

Guest nastro azzurro
sounds good idea vicki. much as i like squires - handily between me and my brother in leeds - somewhere new would be nice :)

though it's handy for meeting little bro, agree and don't understand how people can stay there all day. we meet up and go for a ride!

far as i remember he did have an offer on it but there was a clause in the contract to make sure it stayed a biker place and the new prospective owners - a chain - wanted to ignore that and turn it into a 'family' pub so he wouldn't sell

Harry did sell.... Sometime early in the year. its owned by some big company now with a manager in place. The 2 conditions i think were that it's kept manly as a bike place.... and they kept his lad Jasen in a job...... 8-)