new 2 part test ?

hi all

well looks like i will be takeing the new test this year.

my question is it a 2 part test ?

one part in test centre carpark ? the other out on the road ?

from what i have just read on the dsa site if i have read right ? you can pass the 1st part then do secound part on another day ?

is this right ? and if it is how long does the 1st part last ?

or have i read it all wroung ?

Were you looking at this page?:

http://www.dsa.gov.uk/Category.asp?cat=405

That's how I read it as well. I always thought that the practical test would be the off-road section first followed immediately by the on-road section, but it seems like that isn't the case. So to answer your questions (in case no one looks at the link above!):

my question is it a 2 part test ? - yes. the off-road section first (module 1) looks at bike control at slower speeds and maneuvers.

one part in test centre carpark ? the other out on the road ? - Not sure it'll be in the test centre car park. I'd imagine so, otherwise how would you get to the designated off-road site?!

is this right ? and if it is how long does the 1st part last ? - It lasts 22 minutes.

From what i have just read on the dsa site if i have read right ? you can pass the 1st part then do secound part on another day ? - It looks that way...contrary to what I thought before looking at that link! They give you a certificate to say you've passed the first module, which you then have to produce at the time of your second module. Doesn't say anything about same day/seperate day. Give them a call perhaps!

Sorry I couldn't be of more help!

Yes its two separate tests, that you have to take on separate days because you need the certificate from the first part to be able to book the second part.

The first par is just the manoevers bit in the test centre tarmac area and it lasts for roughly 15 mins and costs £10 I think.

The second part is the normal on road bit (but without the U turn etc as you have already done that in the first part) and costs £70

just found out the 1st part of the test once past will be valid for as long as you theory test is

so if you have 1 year left on your therory when you pass module one you have one year to pass module 2

hope this makes sence ?

Yea I personaly think its good it lasts that long that way if u do the 1st module

Just after you pass the therory you have 2 years to pass the 2nd module which I'm thinking by what I have read may be the easier part ?

• 12 years later...
On 20/04/2009 at 12:14, chris128 said:

Yes its two separate tests, that you have to take on separate days because you need the certificate from the first part to be able to book the second part.

The first par is just the manoevers bit in the test centre tarmac area and it lasts for roughly 15 mins and costs £10 I think.

The second part is the normal on road bit (but without the U turn etc as you have already done that in the first part) and costs £70

Government must have there pound of flesh haven't they

13 minutes ago, Owenaggi said:

Government must have there pound of flesh haven't they

I don't think the test costs are particularly expensive, all things considered.