Module 2 - members test experiences

Passed Mod 2 today!, first attempt with 1 minor.

Was going to take my test in lincoln, but couldnt find a booking at a convenient time. So I booked one in rotherham instead (for today, 8th December at 12:17).

I was anxiously sitting in the waiting room at the test centre with my instructor, the examiner came out of an office and invited me in. He talked about the test, got me to sign the marking sheet thing, kitted me up with a radio and we headed outside. He asked me how I would check the oil level on the bike and how I would check if the front brake was working, so I showed him the window on the engine, took the bike from the centre stand pused forward and applied the front brake..so far so good.

He went over to his bike and tested the radio, it nearly blew my head off! so he came over and asjusted the volume, we were ready to set off. Butterflies were appearing at this point. We left the test centre, left onto the main road and to my delight, right at the roundabout, away from town and towards some nice twisties! After this, I forgot about worrying and started enjoying the ride. I was asked to pull over several times after going through some small villages, between national speed limit roads. After about 35 minutes, we ended up in rawmarsh, I had to turn right down broad street towards parkgate shopping centre. Everything was going great!, I was fairly confident that I hadn't messed up so far. Approaching the roundabout at the bottom, I was instructed to turn right, so as usual check mirrors, lifesaver, indicator, moved over to right, waited for an opportunity to enter the roundabout.

A perfect opportunity arose, no other cars approaching. I entered the roundabout but got in the wrong lane! I quickly looked around (luckily no other vehicles on the roundabout) and corrected my error. I remember thinking, "there goes my £75", Ive got to have failed for that". We proceeded towards the test centre, pulled in and parked.

We walked towards the building as he said he invited me to an office, and asked if I would like my instructor present. We went into the office, I took off the radio and waited for the bad news.

The examiner said "congratulations, you have passed, but..." he then explained that, had I not looked around when I did, I would have picked up a major error and would have, indeed, failed. He continued to say that my observations throughout were excellent. Just goes to show that observations are important!

So there you have it, my experiences while taking mod 2.

• 1 month later...

Well had my mod 2 today and whooohooo I passed with a clean sheet I thought I made 1 or 2 errors but the examiner knows best :) overall the day was good I thought everything went ok I was a little nervous but a few deep breaths. Now I'm going to get pissed and then over the next few moth will be scouting for a bike. :cheers:

Failed Mod2 :crybaby: Examiner said it was a good run, apart from the failure:

Approaching one of those traffic calming things that block off your half of the road so you have to give way. Didn't see oncoming car because of cars parked behind the sticky-out bit. As I moved into the center of the road, where i'd have just started be be able to see the oncoming car, another car started reversing off a driveway which took my attention. By the time I then noticed the oncoming car I made the decision that I was already committed and went ahead. The oncoming car, which I think was going faster than i'd estimated, had to slow down and I failed :crybaby:

Positive side is that i'd have failed that in a car also, so there's no problem with my riding, as such. Negative side is £204 :puke:

Next time i'll be extra careful when my view is restricted. Better to get a minor fault for hesitation than a serious fault for being too hasty.

• 1 month later...
Passed Mod 2 today with 5 minors, going too wide on a couple of left turns and one or two other bits and bobs. Chuffed!

When I set off down this road last November I hadn't intended to do my test and stuff so soon but I have now and lo....the advice I got off a few people has come to pass...mainly the buying of a nearly new 125 and not something older and cheaper...its still a pearler though!

If you can afford the direct access (If you're old enough) I really would reccommend going that way, my instructer pointed out, before I made my choice, that for £60 more you could go direct as opposed to doing it on a 125 and getting a 250 or spending anything between £100/£300 to have a restricter fitted on a bigger bike.

Again, finances permitting, get some training incorporated into the build up to Mod 1 & Mod 2, I found it invaluable.

Now...How does that song go?.....Get yer motor runnin'.....Head out on the highway.....

• 3 weeks later...

Well i did my tests in Oct 09 at the Darlington test station. Mod 1 went through with no problems beside all the nerves as i hadnt actually fully completed a fig. 8 without putting my foot down once in the training yard :shock: but i managed it on the actualy test YEY! anyway...

My 1st Mod 2 went ok in the beginning! but i got panicked when i saw the road i was on went straight into a one way system coming back my way, got so confused and flusterd and didnt see the sharp left bend i was ment to take because of a parked car, so i accidently went into the one way system! :oops: but i stopped immediately behind a parked car so i didnt pose a danger. recieved a MASSIVE bollocking from my tester (cant remember his name) he took the radio off me and made me follow him back to the test station... i was soo ashamed of myself! Got back and my girly instincts got the better of me and i burst into tears! :( not like me at all but he was shouting at me and i just couldnt help it.... after that he was all nicey nicey so i explained my side of what happend and recieved a lecture on observing the road etc. and left the test centre back to my training centre. My instructor (who name also escapes me) was awesome and arranged for me to have anouther lesson to boost my confidence back up and anouther date, WAS ONLY TWO WEEKS AWAY! realy quick and had no problems arranging it.

So went for my lesson and got my confidence back and definately paying more attention to signs this time! and went for my test the following day if i remember correctly! and all went without a hitch! but was considerably more nervous this time round and made sure i remembered where the one way system was, but we didnt even do that route! so yeh thats my test experience(s) :mrgreen:

If anyone from around my area wants to take there test then definately go to ACE Motorcycle Training at Billingham they are very good teachers and awesome people!

I had the unfortunate date of mid December 2009 for my test. Then the snow came. It stayed for over a month here in Scotland and by the time it left I was well into my exams. I restarted in February with a full day's lesson with my riding school almost 2 months after passing module 1 and being on a bike and then a few days later I had a two hour pre-test ride. Well, in the words of my instructor 'it wasn't the best pre-test ride he'd seen'. I managed to pull off one of my worst biking trips, making a complete horlix of a major roundabout cutting lanes and all sorts. I messed up other smaller roundabouts, missed lifesavers and generally screwed up almost everything. I looked like a newbie to riding, not a person trained for a test. I think my instructor didn't have any hope and thought I was going to mess up the school's good pass statistics.

The test began with a question on the handlebars and checking the oil. We then went out on a 35 minute trip and I remember reaching a roundabout I messed up on earlier on in the day and pulled it off perfectly. :mrgreen: Maybe it was my day after all. We then reached another roundabout and I knew then the instructor was heading back to the test centre. I remember that buzz in my helmet I actually grinned, nearly there we're going back and you haven't messed up! One thing I was confused about was that I thought we had to do a hill start. I remember being asked to stop on an incline, but it was hardly a hill. No complaints there though.

As I got closer to the centre I had one last roundabout 200 yards from the building. A learner driver in a car was approaching it and crawled around it. I did what you should never ever do. I let my guard down. Having ridden what I thought was a flawless ride believing I'd passed I was too relaxed. I thought the girl might be on a test so I dithered and didn't want to upset her, or get me to make her stop and so cause me to fail. It was obvious I was hesitating, but unbeknown to me I drifted off the right side of the approach to the roundabout (we were turning a 3 o clock right) towards what you could call a middle approach (there were no lanes). I didn't even know. The instructor never asked me a pillion question and after an age of talking and doing things he said I'd passed and I let out an Andy Murray style roar of delight.

Then proceeded the break down. He gave me two minors for speeding. Not because I broke the speed limit, but because I always sat on it and because of the wet I could have gone slower. I knew this wasn't the time to argue.

He gave me a further two minors for not pulling away quick enough after stopping in a safe place after my lifesaver check.

He then said 'and what on earth were you doing on that roundabout?!' My instructor looked at me as if I'd fallen off. He said he nearly failed me for it. I blurted out then why didn't he? To which my instructor nearly killed me for! The examiner replied not to put a red flag in front of a bull and I shut up. So he gave me a minor for the roundabout offence and I can happily say for the CBT, theory, module 1 and 2 were all a first time pass.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

just passed mod 2 today!!!!! got 4 minor faults but i'm happy with the result. as one of the posters on this site advised me, if you make an error and think you definitely failed, carry on regardless... as you can never be sure. one of my faults was i stopped behind a parked car on the nearside and set off again, indicating and lifesaver over right shoulder and thought i'd cancelled my indicator as i had got into a good routine of cancelling. however 100yds or so up the road, the examiner told me to turn right at the next r/bout and then i heard the dreaded words in my ear ..."and you might want to cancel your right indicator.." Damn, there goes another £100 i thought, cursing my stupidity. anyway back at the test centre, after keeping me in suspense for 5 minutes, the examiner told me i passed! he said although i left the signal on, fortunately i hadn't passed any junctions/side roads and so had not put myself or anyone else in danger, so counted it as a minor fault. lucky or what. but it just goes to show, don't call it a day until your'e told youv'e actually failed.

went straight to the delears and traded in my 125 for a honda cbf 600 which i'm collecting next saturday!!!!! :D :D :D

Hi everyone this is my first post so go easy on me...........

My mod 2 was at macc and yes you guessed it Kevin was the examiner although I don't think he is doing the tests anymore as one of the car examiners has passed and is taking over most of the bike tests. I did get chance to meet the new examiner at the mod 1 site whilst on one of my lessons as some tests were cancelled due to weather the new examiner was in the car park having a fag he did seem like a really sound bloke with better people skills than Kevin.

I must say I never had a problem with Kevin at all he just seemed to want to get on with the tests (mod 1 and mod 2) and not want to mess about with any idle social chat. I think this is why some people may have a problem with him personally I don't have a problem with someone wanting to get a test done and dusted, and giving you the verdict with absolutely no emotion at all pass or fail. He is just doing his job!!!!!!

Anyway back to my test after a nightmare start of a few events

1. My instuctor asked me to move my bike a couple of inches over to leave a bit more space for the cars, I went to move the bike with no helmet or gloves. At which point my instructor said NOOOOOO! And did it for me but not before dropping the bike. This was before the start and luckily no-one else saw this.

2. No radio comms at the very start and me getting blamed. Kevin got out of the car to tell me it was my fault as I had been messing then he realised something was wrong took the radio away and came back with it working.

3. After a delayed start Kevin told me to start the bike up then gave me directional instructions. Oh dear the bike wouldn't start flat battery. My test actually starts begins with a jumpstart in front of the test centre and me reving the f@*k out of the bike whilst trying to remember my directional instructions given to me a few minutes ago.

4. Set off and get round the corner the comms completely go again. If anyone knows Macc town centre there aint really any safe places to pull over so I wasn't far from the cheshire biker training unit so I thought I would pull in there as it was safe. Pulled over in there and got another stern telling off from Kevin for going off the test route, then again if anyone knows the little industrial estate I got the angled hillstart from hell.

After this extremely unlucky start the test went smoothly apart from being stuck behind a digger on a housing estate and my back wheel kicking out on some gravel down a hill on some backlanes. Both of which Kevin reminded me of back at the debrief and I think he gave me minors of forward planning for both incidents. Again like someone else has said I don't think we actually had the moment where he said "you've passed!" he just asked if I wanted my license sending off?

I have put all of this to help people out if you have a bad start but it is mainly stuff out of your controll then don't go to peices! I think if I was younger Kevins tone, manner and instructions may of intimidated me slightly but having years of experience in the workplace I am used to people ordering me about and just wanting things done with no faffing about I think Kevin is just like this its nothing personal. He just wants to get his job done and dusted, and his job is to see if you ride safely on the roads!!!!

Has anyone on here had Martin at Stoke?

• 4 weeks later...

Gutted as I screwed it today. :cry:

Nerves. I wobbled a bit when was asked to park on a hill and opened a throttle so the bike revved like crazy. Apparently that was a serious fault. Then everything went downhill. No lifesavers on a couple of traffic lights - another one for you. And then a few missed indicators. Bu**er ! All other minor stuff like progress and positioning I suppose was not that important.

Anyway, hopped on my trusty 125 later on and did the whole run again on my own. Can honestly say that I did miss a few lifesavers on traffic lights again. So here is something to learn and fix. Indicators don't seem to be the problem, I think when frustration kickedin I missed them due to that. The other problem that I have to look at would be a slow ride. But I can't train it on my 125 :( , 500cc is sooooo different... anyway, got test rebooked in a couple of weeks... I'm determined to fix it and pass it then.

Had my Mod 2 at Burgess Hill today and passed first time! 3 minors but who really cares. Examiner was ace and nothing really worried me about it, unlike Mod 1!

Can't wait to find a bike this weekend. Thinking either a Fazer, XJ6 or a Hornet. Woo!

• 3 weeks later...

I passed my Mod 2 last week, 2 days after my Mod 1.

Again, it was a very sunny day at the test centre in Cambridge. I went for a very nice 2 hour ride around with my instructor (Ian at Absolute Rider Training - legend) before arriving about 20 minutes before my test.

The examiner took a look over my paperwork, hooked me up with his radio and took me outside and asked me about checking the tires, checking the brake lights and balance with a pillion. He then jumped on his bike and asked me to pull off. My ride took me through Cambourne (200 drain covers per mile, fantastic) and Cambridge. It all felt pretty good, I'm sure I missed an observation or two and had a ropey moment when he asked me to pull into the side of the road (I put my indicator on just before a junction but quickly cancelled it). After 40 minutes, we got back to the centre and he told me I'd passed with no minors!

I pick up my FZ6 S2 Fazer on Saturday :)

Jonny

Mod2:

As i passed Mod1 just before Christmas i decided to wait till after Christmas to do Mod2...

My Mod2 date 23.02.10 practised when could with the winter we had not as often as i'd have liked! Had a few lesson before the test, and on one of those it started to snow and was bitterly cold. The days before my test the snow had stopped it was a little warmer and brighter and i'm thinking thank you.

The day of the test, bitterly cold again and very grey looking...

Arrive at test centre, 35mins later still wainting to go out there had been a problem with the previous test and they were running late. I'm now really nervous but trying to stay calm... We eventually get out and it's cold 10mins in it starts snowing, i start thinking thank goodness i'd done a lesson in the snow. I forget to cancel an indicator and have a bad experience on a corner but manage to correct it. I always spend too much time at a round about as my glasses fogged and i couldn't see. We head back to the centre and i'm convinced its a fail. The examiner asks me into the room and says bring your instructor at which point i know i've failed :( .

The examiner than says I'm pleased to say you've passed... I was still in shock as we rode back to the training school !! nailed Mod2 first time pleased with myself.

Hi Folks

Just a brief note to say im over the moon at passing my Mod 2. Had a hell of a morning session in the pouring rain and had resigned myself to failing in the afternoon. Was informed an earlier slot was available and did i want to take it, thought to myself, what the hell, I wouldn't get any better in an another hour, so went for it. Anyawy of we set down a route which I was familiar with even though i didnt come from the area, it was covered by the instructor. Rather than going into all the detail, the upshot was i passed.

For those learning or taking their test, it just proves put everything behind you and focus on the test, if I can do it, so can you. I'm 45yrs old and did the course from CBT to Mod 2 in 2 weeks.

Picked up my new bike today GSX650F from Cupar Motorcycles in Fife and rode with my mate 70 Miles home in the sunshine it was great. Can't wait for more days like today

• 2 weeks later...

Passed my Mod 2 yesterday in Shrewsbury.

The sun was blazing down and the roads were p;retty much empty at 1oclock so I settled down just to enjoy a ride in the sunshine. Been well and truly trained by Dave at Chase Motorcycle Training and at each junction and roundabout I could still hear him saying position shoulder erc etc.

After 45 minutes back to the test centre and only 3 minors so a great day.

Mod 1 was the hard one for me. Mod 2 was a ride in the sun, and very enjoyable. :D

To anyone thinking of doing the DAC course get a good few days riding with a school first.

Mod 2 passed today at southall, no minors :shock:

Now I wasn't expecting that. Good ride nothing out of the ordinary, apart from buses pulling out on my and pulling in with out indicating. Time seemed to fly, and.

Just been and ordered a new gsx650F and already insured it...only annoying thing is I now have to wait until friday next week to take delivery. The guys at passmasters ruislip were fantastic throughout.

Now off for beer and footy :D

• 3 weeks later...

Got ready to go to my test and the Heavens opened ! wind got up and the rain was lashing Down ....first rain in weeks and Last time my bike got wet was december !

I arrrived half hour early more nervous than a cat in a Dog pound and gave up the Dropper on the Rescue Remedy as it was not getting down my throat fast enough so i just swigged it .

Went into the office and waited and the Examiner seemed to be in a fairly good mood and said hello I remember you (good thing or bad thing emmmm)

Got kitted up and walked out to the bikes .....

Explained what was gonna happen then asked how much tread depth can you have on a M/C tyre before it needs replacing ....... 1 mm I said

Show me your engine kill switch, ah no you havnt got one show me your em high beam .....showed him it.

"Can you here me ok (radio check )

ok get on your bike when your ready and we will get on"

Ok so I am on my bike ready to go engine running comfy but shaking like a leaf :shock:

comes over the radio " you might want to Do your helmet up ? "

Shit Ive Failed and not even left the bloomin car park !!

Oh well its going to be a lesson now, I thought so I set off in the direction he told me to

Ok drove along roads I didnt know for a while then on the radio he said I want you to pull in on the left when you find a convenient place but dont wait for a pedestrian to walk in front of you !

I thought was that a hint or a reference to the reason I failed last time ?

I stopped but went past several good spots until i found a double yellow line as I had read somewhere you COULD !

then we went along a road into Newlyn and he said take the second left after the bridge (I thought at least thats what he said ) so I took the second left and over the radio came "Noooo Dont go up the hill I said 1st left ! , you will have to Turn around ! "

I thought he sounded rather Irritated so I did a perfect UTURN hoping that would make up for it but he was nowhere in sight "

So i went Down the next road and Found him waiting and over took him.

Came to a junction to turn left at and I stopped as it was a Stop sign and saw a car in the distance and my Stupid gene kicked in and said wait for it so I waited and it was like the car must have been 30 yrds away and doing 5mph it just would not come so I thought Ive waited this long I should let it pass or i may look even more stupid or pull out on it or something !

so I waited Far too long then as it passed pulled out.

A few more roads and a Hill start then some twisties later we get to the MAjor roundabout at Penzance where he said take the 2nd left so I think he secretly wants me to get the 3rd left cos thats where I would go on practice so I indicate right and get into the right lane

" NOOOOOOOOOO Your in the wrong lane for 2nd exit you will have to go up the a30 now thats 3rd left " He really sounded annoyed now because we were going away from the town again !

I went right and up the A30 and soon back to the test center (My way was a much easier route avoiding the town so not sure why he didnt thank me for Finding it :D )

We drive back into the test center and I am thinking I bet he can't decide which of the many things to fail me on !

So I waited and he started doing his paperwork on the bike (bad sign) which means I have failed cos he took the last one that passed back to the office for debreif !

5 minutes passed and I was getting impatient

He looked up and said (IVE FAILED JUST SAY IT) !Well you really like to make life dificult for yourself Dont you ! " then he went on to say About the hessitation and the wrong lane and the Stopping on the double yellows .

But All that considered you did nothing that was unsafe and you rode a really good ride with good obsevation and consideration so I am happy to say you have passed !

I think my Jaw dropped and i said what NO biker should say at a time like this ...."Are you sure ,OMG" he said yeah im sure or you would have failed :)

I couldn't belive it I said I thought I had made some stupid mistakes (trying to talk myself out of a licence ?) and he said Ive seen you twice now and each time you have shown a good riding style and good knowledge of the road ect So The mistakes I have made are Due to the pressure of the test and this will all go now and ill be fine ! I was a bit gobsmacked at this because it really looks like DSA examiners can see the Rider beneath the student :cheers:

So Now I can start to learn to ride For real without all that dates running out on certificates and £75 fees ect and It feels GREAT

Just to show how stupid I really am....When I got home I came up the Drive and Hit the front wheel on the grassy Ridge in the middle and for the First time Dropped my Bike lol

20 minutes after passing my test ! the bike is fine I caught it on my leg and wrist and managed to stop hitting the ground (Just my leg ) but Funny enough I feel NO PAIN lol

Genuine thank you to all the Members here and the Mods for giving the time to help people like me become people like you ! :cheers:

• 3 weeks later...

It was a Module 2 test today for me...

Arrived to my instructor's office an hour before the test time. Too shots of spray "Rescue Remedy" (POLECAT, THANK YOU VERY MUCH for this one) on my tongue. "Ok, lets go for a test run". Hmm... Kwak ER-5 is a bit cold, should have warmed it up for a wee bit longer. Ok, relax and think. Got on the road, passed streets and cars. Traffic lights, turns.... Instructor: "Please park somewhere safe"... Ok, lets park here between cars... Instructor: "You have just failed your test!".... "Can't you see that you have parked too close to the junction...?" Oh sh*t, not on my test day... Ok Ok I'll pay more attention... F*ck F*ck F*ck !!!

Ok, lets go , got on a motorway, roundabout is quite busy. Oops I stood for too long.... Instructor: "You should have gone then - that would be a minor for undue hesitation !" Hmmm... Last time I was too fast on going , so I suppose I'd rather get a minor than failing a test for slowing down oncoming car... Last straight part of a road, roundabout - Instructor "...Ride into the test centre and park right in that parking slot"... Ok. ok. This is it.

Empty waiting room in the test centre... Pressure is on, I can count my heartbeat without checking my pulse... 3 shots of Rescue Remedy spray (Polecat, you are so damn nice :) )

Time is up, here we go. "Hi, nice to meet you, here is my documents..." (A wee grey beard and nice gear gives him away as THE BIKER-type examiner), can't waste my chance now... Ok, we are out, the radio is on, "yes, I can hear you". "Read that licence plate", no probs. Ok, "How do you check brakes liquid levels ?" Here... What do you tell your pillion ? Keep your feet on the pegs, lean with me , blah blah.... "Thanks, ok, lets go for a ride, I'll be giving you instructions loud and clear in a good time, blah blah blah....". Got on a bike. Started the engine. "When you ready, at the end of this road, I want you to turn left, at the end of this road please turn left"... Here we go, first gear, shoulder checks, let go the clutch.... Mirrors, shoulder check, indicator is on... Oops, some white van is passing, lets stop. Ok, Checks, on the road now... Ok it is 30Mph.... Keep the speed... Riding along the roads... Relax... Just relax, its is only a £75... Turning left, turning right, head, hands and feet are doing their routine.

"Please pull over on the side of the road where it is convenient"... Ok Ok... aha, some parked cars, don't cut the trajectory, keep it steady, indicator, shoulder check... Stopped... Sh*t, there is a junction just ahead, but I'm not too close, thanks God. Sorting out gears..."...Please continue on the road when it is safe to do so" Ok... Right-shoulder check... There are cars coming.... Ok, wait, wait,... More coming... hehe... it is good as i'm wasting test's time... No more cars, mirrors, indicator is on, check the right shoulder, lets go... Streets, turns, one-way street, traffic lights (Both-shoulders-check, I remember you :) ... Nice and easy, relax, relax your arms, take a deep breath, thats it. ... Aha, he is gonna take us on the country road.... I know that road inside out :) I know this turn, steady, we are on the road.... Some fast straight lines where I can do 60mph, a few sharp corners for 2nd and even 1st gears.... Ok, here is a turn, now he is gonna tell me to turn into that road....Come on, it is gonna be too late.... No... NOOOO!!!! he is not gonna tell me to turn into that road as I'm already passing it... WTF ? We have never ever ridden that way, we ALWAYS turned there.... WTF ? Ok, I'm still riding on that country road... Ok, calm down, nothing happened. Bloody white van, why on Earth are you in front of me ? Can you go a bit faster ? B*gger, I don't want to overtake you as I don't know this road any further and the road is going over hills all the time, it is 50Mph... I hope he will not fail me for not overtaking .... "...At the roundabout please go straight ahead and then take the right turn, straight ahead on the roundabout and then take right turn..."... Aha, there is a roundabout ahead, I better slow down.... Checks, mirrors, indicator for turning right, let a few cars pass, lifesaver,... turning... I'm joining motorway... up to speed, right shoulder check, b*gger, another white van is driving in the left lane, the lay-by is not too long, better slow down, another shoulder check - van is moving to the right lane, I hope I didn't MAKE him do that as that *would* probably be a fault... INDICATOR!!!! F*ck ! Put it on, idiot... Still got some time, sh*t, examiner has had his indicator on for much longer.. That's it, I f*cked it up... bloody white van.... Oh well, lets ride it for pleasure now... Someone in front of me doing 65, right-hand shoulder check, indicator on, change lanes, overtake, leave some space left-hand shoulder check, return to the left lane... Oops, examiner uses left-turn indicator to return back... strange...

"On the roundabout please take the turn on your right, take the 3rd exit..." Lets slow down, 4th, 3rd, 2nd...Bloody yellow lines, it feels like you are riding over a top of lots of wee traffic calming humps... Stopping... Ok, here is a gap in traffic... getting off that roundabout... up to speed... "Please turn left on the next roundabout, first exit"... Ok... down to 1st. Wait for the gap... Lets go... this must be it. He hasn't even asked me to do a hill start. "Please turn into the centre and park your bike in a parking slot. Keep your helmet on"... Oh well, at least this time I enjoyed it a bit, even went a bit over 70Mph while overtaking... Another 2 weeks, another £75...

"Please come in, take off your helmet, and grab a seat"... Here is your radio belt... Ok, come on, just tell me...

"I'm pleased to say that you have PASSED with one driver's fault"... CAN'T BELIEVE IT. I CANNOT BELIEVE IT. WOO-HOO... Thank you soo much !!!! "You approached that roundabout a bit too slow ..." (Heh, my instructor used to tell me that I was approaching roundabouts too fast :) ... "Please sign here, do you want me to send off your licence together with certificate ?" No, it is ok, I'll do it as I need another photograph put on it anyway... "Here is some leaflets about further training you may consider", Thanks sooo much. Can I ask you a question? "Yes, go ahead", is motorcycling your job or is it your hobby too ? "Yes, it is my hobby too" (I knew it !!!!).... "Here is your certificate. Good luck".

My smiling face sold me out, so my instructor said "Congratulations ! You don't need a radio anymore. Just take the bike to my office." That was it. Lovely 3 minutes smooth ride... No-one is watching you... finally, Freedom !

Thanks to everyone on this site ! :cheers:

Failed mod 2 today, and thought i'd give everyone a laugh!

As with my car driving test (12 years ago) i got very few minors, but made one serious mistake, seems history likes to repeat itself :(

basically i was approaching some traffic lights, they turned red so i stopped (in the right hand lane to turn right).

Lights turn to green, but the right arrow hadn't turned green, so i wait. After about 5 seconds i knew that something was up and that the green arrow wasn't going to turn green, and was about to pull away when i heard the examiner over the radio say 'Please move on, as it is safe to do so'.

ffffffffffffffffffffffffak! :evil: :evil: :evil:

Knew it there and then i'd failed, and sure enough when we got back he told me i'd failed. I even tried to reason with him that the arrow to turn right hand't changed to green, but all he said was that there was no red light so i should have gone.

This is a serious fault, so i failed. Absolutely gutted, as not only would i have passed otherwise (i'd only had 2 minors) i wouldn't have to pay over £100 quid for another test!

If anyone else has some stories to tell of what they failed on (that hasn't posted yet) please let me know, i really don't want to get caught out 2nd time round on something like that again.

(have a massive urge to go smash up that right arrow traffic light tonight!!! haha)

cheers

As with my car driving test (12 years ago) i got very few minors, but made one serious mistake, seems history likes to repeat itself :(

basically i was approaching some traffic lights, they turned red so i stopped (in the right hand lane to turn right).

Lights turn to green, but the right arrow hadn't turned green, so i wait. After about 5 seconds i knew that something was up and that the green arrow wasn't going to turn green, and was about to pull away when i heard the examiner over the radio say 'Please move on, as it is safe to do so'.

Knew it there and then i'd failed, and sure enough when we got back he told me i'd failed. I even tried to reason with him that the arrow to turn right hand't changed to green, but all he said was that there was no red light so i should have gone.

This is a serious fault, so i failed. Absolutely gutted, as not only would i have passed otherwise (i'd only had 2 minors) i wouldn't have to pay over £100 quid for another test!

If anyone else has some stories to tell of what they failed on (that hasn't posted yet) please let me know, i really don't want to get caught out 2nd time round on something like that again.

(have a massive urge to go smash up that right arrow traffic light tonight!!! haha)

cheers

Sorry to hear that mate but I think its something about filter lights that many people don't know.

If the straight ahead green light is a normal light then you can turn once that light is green, even if the arrow for your lane isn't. The green arrow for your lane only comes on when there is no traffic moving in the lane you need to go across.

The only time you HAVE to wait for your filter light to come on is if the straight ahead green light is an arrow.

cheers

Sorry to hear that mate but I think its something about filter lights that many people don't know.

If the straight ahead green light is a normal light then you can turn once that light is green, even if the arrow for your lane isn't. The green arrow for your lane only comes on when there is no traffic moving in the lane you need to go across.

The only time you HAVE to wait for your filter light to come on is if the straight ahead green light is an arrow.

thanks mate, at least i won't make that mistake again.

• 2 weeks later...

PASSED! 2nd time lucky.

Compared to yesterday, the weather was really nice so had no worries there.

Went out for a lesson before hand with Mark (really cool instructor from 1stGear), nice route, not much traffic around, didn't do anything stupid, so was feeling good.

Time for the test. Was being examined by a guy called Jim (nice guy!) and he asked me all the questions before we went out for the test, so it was good to get that out the way. Then it was off out for the test. Started off going on the same route as i had done in my lesson before hand, so was quite pleased about that. Got asked to pull over a few times early on in the test in a quiet housing estate (instead of on a main busy road like last time), so that went well. Then proceeded to do the EXACT same route as i had done in my lesson before hand (my instructor is such a legend for taking me on that route this morning!!!!), so was really pleased about that.

Got back in after what i thought was a pretty good ride, and was told pretty much straight away that i passed.

Thank fuk for that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Trying my hardest to wipe the stupid grin off my face at work, as they all i think i was at the 'doctors' ha

Now time for bike shopping! Brilliant!

thanks to everyone on the forum, the information on here has really helped me a lot.

:cheers:

Pete

PASSED! 2nd time lucky.

Compared to yesterday, the weather was really nice so had no worries there.

Went out for a lesson before hand with Mark (really cool instructor from 1stGear), nice route, not much traffic around, didn't do anything stupid, so was feeling good.

Time for the test. Was being examined by a guy called Jim (nice guy!) and he asked me all the questions before we went out for the test, so it was good to get that out the way. Then it was off out for the test. Started off going on the same route as i had done in my lesson before hand, so was quite pleased about that. Got asked to pull over a few times early on in the test in a quiet housing estate (instead of on a main busy road like last time), so that went well. Then proceeded to do the EXACT same route as i had done in my lesson before hand (my instructor is such a legend for taking me on that route this morning!!!!), so was really pleased about that.

Got back in after what i thought was a pretty good ride, and was told pretty much straight away that i passed.

Thank fuk for that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Trying my hardest to wipe the stupid grin off my face at work, as they all i think i was at the 'doctors' ha

Now time for bike shopping! Brilliant!

thanks to everyone on the forum, the information on here has really helped me a lot.

:cheers:

Pete

congratulations mate, bet you cant wait. What bike you going to go for?

So i had my Mod 2 first attempt today and passed :D 1 minor.

Started the day with training (test was at 2pm) and it went terrible. I was going in the wrong lanes in big round-abouts, was going to fast up to junctions (still at 30mph) so ended up leaving myself too much to do with the lifesavers before making the turn.

Basically was just panicking too much in areas i didnt know.

Then the radio broke while practising on a test route so the instructor had to go infront as i had no idea where i was, however this actually relaxed me as i was learning the routes without getting myself flustered or over-thinking things.

Anyway, the last route we practised happened to be the one on my test, and a route i regularly go round so didnt get myself worked up with not knowing where i was.

Ended up getting one minor as i said earlier and that was because a car indicated to come into the same lane as me while i was next to them and proceeded to cut me up causing me to brake. My examiner said I could of gone into the right hand lane instead (was 2 lanes, where a 3rd lane joins it from a swing but you can stay in it to go straight on).

Very happy its all over and no longer have to show my L-plates. Now to decide whether to sell my r125 or keep it for a bit longer :P