Module 2 - members test experiences

Hi all,

First post for me and sadly it's not a happy one :crybaby:

Anyhow had my mod 2 test today in Gloucester with examiner from Bristol (Tony - nice chap)

Conditions were fine, no problem at all, test was scheduled for 08:40am. Rush hour. Which I have to say phased me a little when I found out the time but as it happens didn't have too much of an impact.

Basically I'd been pretty rubbish on observations and doing them too late or in the wrong order SOM not OSM....

As it happens though this wasn't to be the cause of my failure. I had a good run all in all but what failed me was 2 minutes of nerves around 5 minutes from the end of my test (doubly gutting)

Going up a 20 zone road on a gradient I stopped at a stop sign at an intersection as I should. Checked the way was clear and proceeded to pull off and.....stalled. OK so no major problem. Restarted the bike, re-did my observations and moved off. At the top of the slight hill was a reasonably tight T junction with a cycle lane running in front of it. I was instructed to turn left.

I did my observations, saw a gap in the traffic and.....stalled again. WTF I have never ever stalled this bike even on proper hill starts....what is going on? So determined not to make the mistake again and conscious that I can't afford any more control minors I see another gap in the traffic and give it more juice when pulling off. Way too much juice as it happens and I ran wide onto the centre line. Bang. Instant fail.

5 minutes later we are at the test centre and I already know the outcome. Essentially I was so worried about the two stalls that I overcompensated massively in my panic and promptly failed my test. I had 2 minors and that was it on my sheet besides that fateful turn.

Totally gutted, even more so now as Gloucester has no home examiners so the earliest re-test I can get is September 30th.....

The moral of the story is if I had maintained my composure as I had done after the first minor mistake I'd made I would have passed. SO don't dwell on your mistakes, take a deep breath and re-focus.

Still I passed my car test second time round so maybe it's fate :)

Hi all,

First post for me and sadly it's not a happy one :crybaby:

Anyhow had my mod 2 test today in Gloucester with examiner from Bristol (Tony - nice chap)

Conditions were fine, no problem at all, test was scheduled for 08:40am. Rush hour. Which I have to say phased me a little when I found out the time but as it happens didn't have too much of an impact.

Basically I'd been pretty rubbish on observations and doing them too late or in the wrong order SOM not OSM....

As it happens though this wasn't to be the cause of my failure. I had a good run all in all but what failed me was 2 minutes of nerves around 5 minutes from the end of my test (doubly gutting)

Going up a 20 zone road on a gradient I stopped at a stop sign at an intersection as I should. Checked the way was clear and proceeded to pull off and.....stalled. OK so no major problem. Restarted the bike, re-did my observations and moved off. At the top of the slight hill was a reasonably tight T junction with a cycle lane running in front of it. I was instructed to turn left.

I did my observations, saw a gap in the traffic and.....stalled again. WTF I have never ever stalled this bike even on proper hill starts....what is going on? So determined not to make the mistake again and conscious that I can't afford any more control minors I see another gap in the traffic and give it more juice when pulling off. Way too much juice as it happens and I ran wide onto the centre line. Bang. Instant fail.

5 minutes later we are at the test centre and I already know the outcome. Essentially I was so worried about the two stalls that I overcompensated massively in my panic and promptly failed my test. I had 2 minors and that was it on my sheet besides that fateful turn.

Totally gutted, even more so now as Gloucester has no home examiners so the earliest re-test I can get is September 30th.....

The moral of the story is if I had maintained my composure as I had done after the first minor mistake I'd made I would have passed. SO don't dwell on your mistakes, take a deep breath and re-focus.

Still I passed my car test second time round so maybe it's fate :)

all the best riders/ drivers pass second time mate! :lol:

sorry to hear you can't take another test until end of September! keep ringing up for cancellations, or maybe try another test center?

So i had my Mod 2 first attempt today and passed :D 1 minor.

Started the day with training (test was at 2pm) and it went terrible. I was going in the wrong lanes in big round-abouts, was going to fast up to junctions (still at 30mph) so ended up leaving myself too much to do with the lifesavers before making the turn.

Basically was just panicking too much in areas i didnt know.

Then the radio broke while practising on a test route so the instructor had to go infront as i had no idea where i was, however this actually relaxed me as i was learning the routes without getting myself flustered or over-thinking things.

Anyway, the last route we practised happened to be the one on my test, and a route i regularly go round so didnt get myself worked up with not knowing where i was.

Ended up getting one minor as i said earlier and that was because a car indicated to come into the same lane as me while i was next to them and proceeded to cut me up causing me to brake. My examiner said I could of gone into the right hand lane instead (was 2 lanes, where a 3rd lane joins it from a swing but you can stay in it to go straight on).

Very happy its all over and no longer have to show my L-plates. Now to decide whether to sell my r125 or keep it for a bit longer :P

nice one mate! well done.

ditch the 125 though, you want to get a proper bike now :mrgreen:

all the best riders/ drivers pass second time mate!

sorry to hear you can't take another test until end of September! keep ringing up for cancellations, or maybe try another test center?

That's what I'm hoping, 2nd time lucky again :)

I will keep ringing up but I've got to wait 10 days apparently. I'm a bit bemused by that. All I want to do is get back on a bike and get it done but I think 2 weeks cool off is a little extreme. I can understand a small amount of time to re-compose yourself, 72 hours maybe would be better or even one week but 2 is a bit much.

Had a look at other test centres but having got used to the routes and the bike that my instructor provides me with I'm reluctant to change. I don't want to take ny chances! :wink:

Hey guys,

First of all, a huge thanks to answering all my questions. Right from buying the bike up to my Mod 2 questions :D. Coming here has really boosted my confidence and helped me progress in leaps and bounds.

Secondly, yes I have no official training outside of my CBT and Bike Safe (This Saturday gone). I honestly believe with enough on-road experience you can pass your test to a higher standard than those without. For anyone following my route, I'd highly advise getting a couple of books (Ride 2010 is good, As is motorcycle roadcraft). Watch the Twist of the Wrist II DVD (and if you can buy the book). There were some shaky moments but overall it was fine without.

Just a note: If you can afford to take holiday and pay the exorbitant amount (more than a car!!!) for a DAS or other official training - do it. It's there for a reason. My route takes a LOT longer as I've been riding for about 2 1/2 years now.

The test!!!

Wow, it went really really badly! I managed to secure a cancellation on Tuesday afternoon (this week) for an 8:20 start on Friday.

London is a horrible place to drive. I took my test in Southall (shit-hole), there's cars in your lane. Cars parked on junctions. Cars bloody everywhere. Oh and let's not forget the junction.

Unfortunately my DSA mindset went out the window when the instructor made me pull out across a T junction. He promptly gave me a bollocking for stopping for oncoming cars when there was a car in my lane. I was honestly under the assumption that if you can't get a car safely through - you shouldn't ride through... ** wrong **.

Anywho, lots of delays and messing about on the roads. Went straight towards the A40 and bolted up there for a while (my poor little CBR having to get up to speed). Eventually pulled off into a major round-about.

He told me to take the fourth exit on the roundabout - my brain target locked on the exit I thought it was and I slowly, and painfully edged forward (remember : rush hour). He stopped me on the round-about and gave me a "Can't you hear me" (aggravated). I decided to continue to the correct exit would be dangerous so I continued on.

He told me to take a right into a road almost immediately as we were now on the wrong [painful] route. I saw the road and slowed down. As I got closer I thought, "Oh f**k that's a one way" (or at least it looked like a parking area rather than a proper road. Rather than turn I decided to cancel and ride off. Once again he gave me a stern bollocking. At this point I was *certain* I'd failed. No doubt in my mind.

My mind said, "Oh f**k it, let's ride normally". He told me too take the next exit and we continued the long way, being reminded that "You've made this very hard on yourself". We did a U turn and pulled back on the main road. I did notice the Bus lane (which we can use) but I chose not to use it as I wasn't sure where it went. He wasn't happy :P

He got in the bus lane and I took the hint. shot down the side of the traffic and returned to the round-about.

At this point we headed home. I got another rollocking for waiting for oncoming traffic (me vs. bus - no thanks). He made me do two park-up's and pull offs. No major issue, no real cars around etc. Just had to avoid a drive and car opposite. Final manoeuvre was a hill start - no problem. Various indications etc as we did it.

Finally parked up.

He didn't ask me the pillion questions immediately so I was certain I'd failed. When we returned to the room he gave me one final rollocking for not listening.

Then he gave me the pillion questions :P... I must admit I was so furred up that I almost forgot his question and gave him a couple of wrong answers -thankfully he was fine when I gave him the correct ones.

He gave me 1-2 minors as he couldn't remember the rest :P

PASSED

So what did I pick up?

In short, even if you are utterly utterly certain you have failed. Give yourself a slap and continue riding.

Don't hesitate too much for oncoming traffic, you really only need 3-4 space.

My hate for London traffic has been freshly renewed. My next car will be a bloody hummer or Rangerover

If you screw up, do it safely!

DON'T RIDE DIFFERENTLY FOR THE DSA

My MOD 1 write up is here: Mod 1

all the best riders/ drivers pass second time mate!

That's what I'm hoping, 2nd time lucky again :)

I will keep ringing up but I've got to wait 10 days apparently. I'm a bit bemused by that. All I want to do is get back on a bike and get it done but I think 2 weeks cool off is a little extreme. I can understand a small amount of time to re-compose yourself, 72 hours maybe would be better or even one week but 2 is a bit much.

Had a look at other test centres but having got used to the routes and the bike that my instructor provides me with I'm reluctant to change. I don't want to take ny chances! :wink:

yep i agree with you! i really don't see the point in waiting 10 days. I passed 2nd time, and had no extra lessons in the 10 days i was waiting to re-sit, apart from the ride just before my test. Does seem a long time to have to wait.

Hope it goes well for you 2nd time round!

• 1 month later...

Beat this!!,

Ok,

So it was test day for me. Met the instructor at 9 am, and another guy who was also doing his Mod 2, drove to Swindon for the test. All was fine and i was feeling really good after the drive out.

So on the test,

Everything was pefect except for one thing, now i dont know if you know Swindon but they have these MAJOR roundabouts with 4-5 lanes on the approach. so i found myself in the wrong lane to go straight on, Should have been in lane 2 as thats where the examiner was. So i paniced and once on the roundabout thought i could switch lanes, the only problem was that i forgot to do a lifesaver - FAIL!

Damn i was gutted. No minors.

Oh and on top of that on the ride home the front sproket on the bike i was riding snapped and sheared off! causing the chain to get caught and all while i was going around a tight bend. The bike skidded sideways and i came off at about 35mph - Sliding down the road.

I was fine thankfully, only a grazed knee. Couldnt believe it, the instuctor said in all his 20+ years of teaching he had never seen anything like this. So i had to ride pillion back to the training center.

Not exactly the best day for me, But at least im alive to tell you about it.

Roll on next test - 3 Weeks

Hi all, this is my first post!!

I've been watching this thread for a while as I've been progressing through the various tests and am pleased to say that I passed my Mod 2 yesterday.

I almost cocked up big time but as the examiner said "God was on your side" and what would have been a major was only a minor fault.

My thoughts on the test were...

1) When the examiner says pull over when convenient it means carry on and when there is a clear piece of pavement with no "no stopping" restrictions and not stop as soon as you can regardless.

2) On the hill start I gave it plenty and I mean plenty of rev's and used the clutch to pull away. This way there was no way I was going to stall.

3) Even if the road is clear forward and behind for miles always signal when you pull off. You don't really need to signal if there is no traffic/pedestrians but you won't be given a minor.

4) Make sure the ear piece is turned up loud as I struggled to hear what the guy was saying when on a dual carriageway. All he is going to say is "turn left at the next junction", "take the second exit" and will only say it once.

5) Make sure that any bus lanes you approach aren't bus lanes during rush hour only, as if you stay outside them you are in the wrong lane and will fail.

6) I tried to avoid stopping at junctions if I could time it correctly as that saved some lifesavers. Not that I approached junctions/roundabouts slowly or nipped in between cars but timed it from a long way off.

7) If you are on a dual carriageway then you need to be doing 70 and not 40. At the monent 70mph scares me but I suspect if you go too slow and cause issues to other traffic this could be an issue for the test.

8) In the test centre where I did my test it is also a truck MOT station and there were stop signs around the main shed. Even though we weren't on the road, passing through one of these would have been a fail.

9) Relax and ride how you have been before the test.

Good luck

Beat this!!,

Ok,

So it was test day for me. Met the instructor at 9 am, and another guy who was also doing his Mod 2, drove to Swindon for the test. All was fine and i was feeling really good after the drive out.

So on the test,

Everything was pefect except for one thing, now i dont know if you know Swindon but they have these MAJOR roundabouts with 4-5 lanes on the approach. so i found myself in the wrong lane to go straight on, Should have been in lane 2 as thats where the examiner was. So i paniced and once on the roundabout thought i could switch lanes, the only problem was that i forgot to do a lifesaver - FAIL!

Damn i was gutted. No minors.

Oh and on top of that on the ride home the front sproket on the bike i was riding snapped and sheared off! causing the chain to get caught and all while i was going around a tight bend. The bike skidded sideways and i came off at about 35mph - Sliding down the road.

I was fine thankfully, only a grazed knee. Couldnt believe it, the instuctor said in all his 20+ years of teaching he had never seen anything like this. So i had to ride pillion back to the training center.

Not exactly the best day for me, But at least im alive to tell you about it.

Roll on next test - 3 Weeks

bloody hell mate! that is terrible, glad you're alright though! its bad enough getting a fail, but to have a crash on the way back.

Best of luck next time mate, glad you're getting on with it and not giving up.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

had my module 2 re-test today, sods law the week that they changed it....almost 2 months to the day since my first attempt.

Anyhow to cut a long story short, same examiner, same route and same different result!

Passed with 2 minors so off to see what I can spend my hard earned pennies on.

The independent driving I found easier by the way, the routes (certainly around gloucester) are not complicated and if you know the road lay out (which hopefully your instructor will have taken you on) you should be ok not to mention I was so busy concentrating on signs, being in the right lanes etc, I forgot my examiner was there.

All in all worked out nicely

Thanks to everyone for their support on here, really is a great help to raise low spirits and some sound advice.

best of luck to those with tests coming up, now where did my wife hide my credit card.....

J

• 2 weeks later...
Hi all,

had my module 2 re-test today, sods law the week that they changed it....almost 2 months to the day since my first attempt.

Anyhow to cut a long story short, same examiner, same route and same different result!

Passed with 2 minors so off to see what I can spend my hard earned pennies on.

The independent driving I found easier by the way, the routes (certainly around gloucester) are not complicated and if you know the road lay out (which hopefully your instructor will have taken you on) you should be ok not to mention I was so busy concentrating on signs, being in the right lanes etc, I forgot my examiner was there.

All in all worked out nicely

Thanks to everyone for their support on here, really is a great help to raise low spirits and some sound advice.

best of luck to those with tests coming up, now where did my wife hide my credit card.....

J

Well done mate! great feeling isn't it?

Even better still, you now get to go bike shopping! :)

• 1 month later...

I did my module 2 a week ago on Thursday in Stirling.

I had a lesson the week before it, my next lesson was a mini lesson before the test itself. Was at my instructors at 12, test was at 1.30pm.

Lesson was maybe 45mins long, by the time I'd nervously chattered away and spent ages getting myself ready.

Arrived at the test centre 15-20minutes before the test. Sat, waited, stressed.

Eventually, the examiner came in and out we went.

First off, the questions bit. He asked me how to check the condition of the chain and the first part of the second question I thought was a trick...

'if you take a pillion on the back, which way should they face?'

'.... ..... forwards?'

Then asked me about adjusting the bike for carrying a pillion.

Then we set off, around (but not in) town and on two 50mph dual carriageways.

Not much to report, really. The independant riding bit wasn't as bad as I'd expected, I have a terrible memory and am so bad at following directions but I managed fine- can't really go wrong with 'follow signs for Stirling'. On one of the dual carriageways I stayed at 40mph behind a car rather than than overtake, which I was slightly worried about getting marked down for and I was convinced I'd briefly got a second too close however...

When we arrived back I was told (as soon as I got off the bike!) 'I'm pleased to let you know you've passed' Success! :D

Passed first time, no minors :D

And, much the same as when I got my car license, I don't at all feel ready to be out on the roads by myself lol

When I done mine I was adamant I'd failed the bloody indicators wouldn't stay on! Luckily my examiner was in a car so I managed to lose him most of the time and I just had to make sure my pull offs from the side of the road were spot on when he asked me to stop so he could catch up. Only got 1 minor for cutting a roundabout (my instructor told

Me to because it's on a single carriage way and an egg shape). I cried when I found out I'd passed, and jumped up and down hugging my instructor, and all of my workmates saw me coz my office is above the DSA :- S x

• 1 month later...

Mod 2 passed first time at Erith today. No minor faults!

Just wanted to say for the benefit of people who read this thread for advice... a great acronym I heard for remembering the effects of carrying a pillion passanger for the questions part- ASBO:

A = Acceleration, because of the extra weight the bike will take longer to accellerate, ie: you need to look for bigger gaps in traffic etc.

S = Steering, because of the extra weight the steering will be lighter and the bike will be less stable at slow speeds.

B = Braking, because of the extra weight the bike will take longer to stop so leave a bigger gap between yourself and a vehicle in front.

O = Observations, because of the extra bulk rear observations might be more difficult.

Thanks to everybody who has written about their experiences. It helped a great deal. Good luck all :cheers:

• 1 month later...

Passed mod2 on thursdays (17/02/2011), at burgess hill!

I had the same tester as i had on the previous day for my mod1, and i was glad as he was a really nice guy and put me at ease!

We went out on the road, and im not going to lie, i was very nervous!

During lessons i would sometimes randomly forget to turn my indicator off! DOH, how ever before the test i started a routine of pressing the indicator after every turn, and made sure i actually focussed on doing it (as this is the only thing i was really doing badly).

I passed first time with 2 minors, was a very happy guy!

One minor for getting to close to parked cars, and the other for not checking blind spot after being at a standstill for a while at temp traffic lights.

Very happy and glad its all over now haha:D

Absolutely gutted that I failed today's Mod 2 test. :crybaby:

Despite having three minors, I had a serious fault (where I got two of the minors from) during my ride, which I didn't even know until the examiner told me.

I have actually attached a satellite image of the roundabout in question (I know, geek!) and showed on it what I did, and what the other car did.

[see image]

The examiner did say 'go straight on', but I thought nothing of it and looked at the physical layout of the roundabout instead. Obviously, the hint 'straight on' meant I should have been on the left lane! Plus the road sign did point the exit at 12 o'clock so I should have known better (despite in reality the exit is located at 2 o'clock!).

He said that by indicating right and entering the right lane BUT took the road straight ahead, I could have mislead other drivers. Apparently I did mislead the car driver. Hence the serious fault...

:damn:

On a positive note, I only had one minor if I had not made this silly mistake! I even had to stop for a fire truck in the middle of a crossroad!

There's always next time. Sometimes it takes two to get it right!

K.

Capel-le-Ferne.jpg.f2040336cbb4abfcbd3a9d700f8cc805.jpg

• 1 month later...

Right i'm thoroughly pissed off with David in grantham.

he is the nob i got on my mod 1 who was so patronising even then

so who do i get for my mod 2? you got it

he took me on the longest route with narrow back lanes on im sure to to look for a reason to fail me so i dont give him one but hten he just finds one on this back road. a car was indicating to turn right as i came up behind it so i sit there untill it turns as i thought there wasn't enough space between the car and the side of the road to fit down if the driver decides to swing out to the left of carry on. in my opinion this is the most pathetic excuse to fail someone or is it just me.

Right i'm thoroughly pissed off with David in grantham.

he is the nob i got on my mod 1 who was so patronising even then

so who do i get for my mod 2? you got it

he took me on the longest route with narrow back lanes on im sure to to look for a reason to fail me so i dont give him one but hten he just finds one on this back road. a car was indicating to turn right as i came up behind it so i sit there untill it turns as i thought there wasn't enough space between the car and the side of the road to fit down if the driver decides to swing out to the left of carry on. in my opinion this is the most pathetic excuse to fail someone or is it just me.

I experienced the same situation on my DAS course - car waiting to turn right, enough room to get down the inside but I waited behind, cue the "what are you waiting for, you're on a bike now, not in your car!" from my instructor. I can see why you should make progress up the inside of the car if safe to do so, but I don't really see why you should fail on this??!

I experienced the same situation on my DAS course - car waiting to turn right, enough room to get down the inside but I waited behind, cue the "what are you waiting for, you're on a bike now, not in your car!" from my instructor. I can see why you should make progress up the inside of the car if safe to do so, but I don't really see why you should fail on this??!

apparently i was was holding people up and it caused a serious fault.

how could i hold someone up if even my bike could maybe only just fit through the side.....

apparently i was was holding people up and it caused a serious fault.

how could i hold someone up if even my bike could maybe only just fit through the side.....

Aaron, you have a right to appeal if you think the examiner was out of line, you should consider doing this

http://www.dft.gov.uk/dsa/Category.asp?cat=664

This was a strange one for me. I passed first time but was VERY suprised i did.

I had the worst ride i had in a long time. I stalled the bike twice, tried to go the wrong way after given instruction by the examiner, and reacted late to road works.

My confidence was shot after 10 minutes into the test. I think the key was i relaxed after the initial issues, always did my observations and made it look like I was a confident rider (which i am!).

At one point while wating in a queue the instructor adised me 'you are allowed to filter during your test'. Needless to say i didn't! Glad i didn't as well as there was a motorbike filtering coming the oposite dirrection as i poked my head around the side of the truck infront of me.

I am (in my opinion) more than capable of passing and thankfully my examiner agreed. It is the best feeling ever!

Felt bad for the lad i was with as it was his second attempt and he failed again. THat is £690 so far on Mod 2 tests!!

Stu

Here's my Mod2 experience.

My instructor had both myself and another guy on consecutive tests, so the three of us we went out for a couple of hours beforehand to practise some of the routes. We were both riding really well and nerves didn't seem to be a problem, so things looked OK. The test was at Atherton and the roads round there are a fairly typical mix, including loads of 20 zones for schools/parks. Just before we arrived at the test centre the speedo stopped working on the ER5 I was riding - good start! We couldn't fix it so we had to do both tests on the one bike.

The other student was first, so I went to observe a few people doing Mod1's in the compound to pass the time. He came back 35 mins later and had passed with one minor error, so no pressure for me! :shock:

So, eyesight and show me/tell me questions then onto the bike and out and about for the test. The examiner was in a car (really nice bloke by the way, put you at ease in a really friendly manner) and I kept losing him at junctions etc, where I had to wait for him to catch up. Did a hill start, angle start and a few other stops, where he explained directions for the independent ride (mine was broken into two sections, following signs for Bolton and Wigan respectively). I had really settled into the groove now and treating the examiner as a sat nav as other have suggested really helped. Before I knew it we were heading back towards the test centre, where we did another circuit round the block then back onto the big roundabout and down into the test centre car park, engine off, stand down.

The examiner walked over and told me straight away that I had passed with one minor error, pressing the horn instead of the indicator, which I honestly can't remember doing! Ah well, all over now, and I still have the grin on my face to prove it!! :D

To round the day off, whilst riding the bikes back to the instructor's house one of the L plates flew off the back of the bike with the faulty speedo!

My instructor had a clean sweep that day, a Mod1 pass in the morning and two Mod2 passes in the afternoon, a great way to start the weekend.

Thanks to everyone who has given advice and experience on this thread, I have found it very useful.

• 2 weeks later...

15/3/11

met up with my instructor that morning he explained that he was also training someone to be an instructor so he was coming out with us :/ fantastic two sets of eyes staring at the back of my head.

went out for my pre test ride and wow i was atrocious! Lane swapping at a roundabout, not getting up to speed, running an amber when i clearly had time to stop, pulled out in front of someone on a round about and off to the test center, oh dear. what a brilliant start to the day :?

needless to say my instructor was tearing his hair out and said when he first took me out i wasn't that bad :(

SO any way after deciding that was the bad, no, terrible riding out of the way i go into the DSA. I then asked my instructor if he knew which examiner i had to which he replied "beech" i said i've heard that name before (his student reviews were not good) and then my instructor says yes you probably have he is the CHIEF EXAMINER!!

ground. please. swallow. me

then my instructor leaves and tells me to go back after i was done. THANKS

a few pretest questions how to check oil, effect of pillion blah blah no probs :)

went out without a problem, independent ride was not as nerve racking as i thought it would be and i sailed through (luckily i knew where he wanted to me to go as i travel through that way all the time :D )

continued happily mirrors regularly ect although the examiners monotonous tone was sleep inducing. we then went into town, traffic lights amber i go straight through and he stops for the red DOH :(

we ride on and I don't have too many problems (well aside from the two buses stuck at a crossroad but they worked it out)

we get back to the test centre and i'm thinking oh god that was quick if he has brought me back early i have done something really wrong :crybaby:

he doesn't speak to me untill we are inside a room, he then shuts the door in silence and sits down, he looks at me and i am on the verge of crying because a retest is so expensive and he says you passed! i was so happy!! mind you i could quite happily have slapped him for building suspense like that!! :evil:

he wrote out my certificate 2 observation minors because although i had looked in my mirrors there were two points where he didnt think i had looked properly :/

but hey a pass is a pass so i dont care

lots of phone calls to everyone rather enjoyed ponting out to my other half that i had passed everything 1st time (he took 3 attempts and that was on the old test) hahaha!!

went to see my instructor showed him my pass and he said thank god because after this mornings pre ride he thought i was going to fail. Charming :)

I was on a high for the rest of the day, practically ripped off my L plates from my 125 and am now dying for a bigger bike!!

good luck everyone x

• 3 weeks later...

I posted somewhere else that my mod 2 test was 17 may, well it wasn't, it was today 12Th. good job my instructor rang last night, any way I just thought "well got to get on with it" .

So off we went for a couple hours ride about then to the Atherton test center. Examiner came out and got me kitted up with the radio, he said he would follow in a car so at least the radio was nice and clear. Out the test center and turn left down to the roundabout and left again up to the large roundabout near the the Talbot pub. Left towards Atherton and then straight on to Gloucester Ave to the mini roundabout, left onto the council estate where He had me do the setting off from behind a car thingy.

Carried on past the school (20 mph at all times unless it doesn't say so) then right and he told me to pull over again when safe. It was time for the independent riding test and told me to follow signs for Bolton, so off I went and ended up on New brook Road, went up the hill (used the bus lane as it was after 10.00 and went straight across the A6 toward Bolton. After the long curve he told me to pull over and said "that's the independent test over for now , go to the lights and turn left, so I did that and after a couple of mini roundabouts he asked me to pull up when safe. He then said this is the second independent test , go down the road and turn left and follow the signs for Wigan A 58.

We ended up on Beaumont road and after turning onto Beaumont Road I opened it up a bit reaching 50 and up to the traffic lights where I did a right towards Hunger hill, down to the Motorway and under it then opened it up again towards Chequerbent roundabout ( you lot who are familiar with this island know its a big un)then following my nose for Wigan went down Park Road. He then told me that the independent test was over and turn left (Platt Lane).

I thought "great this takes us back to the test center so not long now" but reaching the mini roundabout he said go straight ahead, so I did and reached the traffic lights at the end of Bag Lane where he told me to turn right down towards the roundabout at the end of Gloucester St. On reaching that he told me to take the second exit and head for Wigan, when we reached the large roundabout near the Talbot pub he said take the 4Th exit signposted Gibfield industrial estate. I thought "don't balls it up now your nearly home and dry" so down to the roundabout (there's a lot of bloody roundabouts here aren't there) the right into the test center and park your bike up John.

Any way, I passed with only 2 minors, over exaggerating my obs and indicating from a roundabout too soon but because I corrected myself (I knew I had done it wrong) he let it go and also there was no other traffic around (well thats what he told me anyway)

So there ya go............................30 plus years of riding and finaly passed. I do wish I had done it when I was seventeen though and it would have been easier aswell.

If you are taking your test from Atherton dont take this route as the test route, they all differ from one examiner to the other.

Happy Chappy and all that crap today :lol: :lol: :lol: