Module 2 - members test experiences

Absolutely, you know you missed something but they may have even been checking their own mirrors etc at the time. Plus missing will only necessarily definitely be a fail if you do it consistently or you should have spotted something there/high chance that not doing it in that spot could have ended nastily

• Like 1

3 hours ago, James in Brum said:

Nice one! Passed! Need a bike now then!

Now now, got a bank robbery to do first to afford the house (with garage) and bike first, then a few more to pay the bike insurance 😂 

speculatively did a couple of insurance searches for random bikes I like, like rebel1100, Africa Twin, tracer, and mt10... between £1900 and £2500 p/y.😬🤔

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, peatear said:

Now now, got a bank robbery to do first to afford the house (with garage) and bike first, then a few more to pay the bike insurance 😂 

speculatively did a couple of insurance searches for random bikes I like, like rebel1100, Africa Twin, tracer, and mt10... between £1900 and £2500 p/y.😬🤔

O.M.G hhhhh how much

Make sure you rob a big bank 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, peatear said:

What would a quote for a 1998 zzr600 bring back. 
you might be able to afford something like that? 

13 hours ago, James in Brum said:

What would a quote for a 1998 zzr600 bring back. 
you might be able to afford something like that? 

Does seem a bit better for that, ish.. a 2001 ZZR600... Between £700-£1000.
Triumph Street Triple, £1300 jumps to £2k on 2nd option. 😂 NC750 XA £840+
This is all via price comparison sites mind, I know it can be cheaper to ring up.

• 2 weeks later...

On my free ride I lost radio contact with the examiner. I didn't realise at the time and became suspicious after about 15 minutes free ride with no contact.  The examiner eventually overtook me and flagged me down and asked why I'd taken a wrong turn.  The blue tooth had packed up several minutes before and by chance I'd been taking the correct turnings heading back to the test centre.  Didn't effect my test and I passed with no faults.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

• 1 month later...

Just returned after taking my mod 2 test.

Ride to the test station was all good but on the actual test I think my riding was rubbish which I put down to nerves.

Anyway the upshot was that I passed! Zero faults!.... Result!

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

Failed my first Mod 2 on 23rd June in St Helens, picked up three minors - two for slightly jerky uphill right turns at T junctions and one for a missed shoulder check. My downfall was staying in the left hand lane on a long oval suburban roundabout to take third exit🙁

Had a new SV650 waiting at the dealer, and as my school couldn't arrange a retest for 2 months they kindly found a retest at Bredbury on 16th July. Bonus being Stockport is my home town.

It was an easy route, fastest road was a 40mph through Chadkirk and didnt even go near the only local 50mph dual carriageway or complicated Portwood roundabout.

Passed with 3 minors but after being told the good news my memory is a bit blurred😂. Picked up my bike the next day and haven't been off it since.

Advice wise on mod 2, just the often repeated words I read online: Ride as you normally do, as though you are alone.
Exaggerate your obs and do what the satnav voice in your earpiece asks. Don't look for the examiner in your mirrors (or even care where he is).

Finally, on the day approach it as turning up to experience what a mod 2 is like - rather than  a final decision on whether you get your A licence. Because it isn't final, just a ten day delay at worst?👍

• Like 4

So did my Mod 2 today at Basildon. 7 am test had to get up at 5 to drive to training school then ride to test center but on the positive note hardly any traffic. Ride to test center was good I was a bit apprehensive as I'd not been on a bike for month but I actually felt the most confident I ever had so good start. Got to test center glad when I realised I had a guy called Rob assessing me as I had him for my Mod 1 and he was a nice guy. For show me tell me I had, tell me how would a pillion effect bikes performance, show me how kill switch works and tell me how you check oiland brake fluid levels. 

On to the ride Basildon is quite a busy town and I don't know it that well so had a bit of nerves but we headed out of the test centre and over to a small town nearby ....where I lived for 30 years 👌 Know the place like the back of my hand. Generally it was pretty quiet, got pulled over 4 times in total, one was  a car length behind a car for angled start and one was a gentle hill start. Nothing complicated on the ride back streets left and right turns, few medium sized round abouts, no 20 mph zones. Independent riding was simple " go to the next round about and follow signs to London " which equated to me taking the correct exit off two roundabouts and when we were approaching the second one he reminded he that we were heading for London. One 2 mile NSL stretch. Then before I knew it he was saying take next right I to the test centre ! Pulled up he didn't mess about he got off took his helmet off and said " well done you've passed" and went off to do paperwork.

Got 3 minors 1 observation, 1 turning right ( I drifted to left before turning) 1 steering, which I think was linked to the turning right .

Felt strange after I had built it up to be such a big thing in my head but as others have said just ride as you would, do your observations and you should be ok 👍

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys, 

Passed Mod 1 last Monday (9th August)

Mod 2 booked for this Friday morning in Farnborough, any key tips. I think as of now occasionally my issue seems to be roundabouts - more so entering the exits, But also occasionally approaching the roundabout my experience on the road as a car driver (left lane for left and straight ahead, right lane for turning right or u turn) Farnborough seems to have many roundabouts where if you stick to the left as your approaching the roundabout you come to discover that the left lane is left only by then it is already too late to change lane.

Any help / tips etc much appreciated 

• Like 2

congrats @CaptainB mod 1 is the tough one! 

Mod2. Indicators! If in doubt hit that cancel button again! 

Speed limits! Nowadays most routes will try find a 20mph area so make sure any time you turn you check for new sign posts. 

Roundabouts! As above if you realise you're in the wrong lane just ride it out and go the "wrong" exit. They can't fail you for coming off the wrong exit but they can fail you for moving to a right hand lane.

Lifesavers!! any change of direction or if there's a 2 to 1 lane merge remember to give a little look-see! 

It ain't over till it's over! even if you think you've failed just keep breathing and don't give up! unless you've gone full Grand Theft Auto you might not have so don't do something dumb to actually fail on. Also remember the test doesn't end until you're parked up engine off. Don't forget lifesaver/indicators etc in the car park! Get parked and remember to breathe  neutral, side stand etc 

Good luck! 👍

• Like 2

Will take all of that on board guys, yes I passed the mod 1 first time with no minors, Just hopefully the mod 2 goes well. Supposedly good weather, wasn't nice doing all the training in the torrential rain the last week. (But then again, all good practice) 

• Like 2

Hi Guys,

Ive just done the Mod 2 today at 11am , Passed first time! 0 minors would you believe... I counted 3/4 errors he could of possibly marked me down. Got back to the test centre parked up and he said Congratulations! you've passed not an error made. Happy with your positioning, speed and control of the bike but also just general awareness. I was ecstatic.

Delighted ive done it.

Now to look at some gear and keep an eye out for bikes on the market 

• Like 5