Module 2 - members test experiences

On 07/02/2022 at 21:25, Treeby91 said:

Passed my mod 2 today (3rd times the charm) and like many of you my nerves n anxiety were really gettin the better of me..

Barely slept a wink lastnight.

Sat up early this morning decided to google "mod 2 test stress" and it eventually took me here.

Cant remember who said it ^^^^^

But something along the lines of "try and forget that theres a guy on a bike behind you, that voice is your satnav simply telling you where to go, jst relax and enjoy the ride.." 

Thankyou to whoever said that cos it really helped!

Best luck with the big day 🤙

Well done ! My first mod 2 got cancelled when we got to the test centre and found my cbt had run out 🙄 The upside was I seemed to have done all my worrying , when I came to actually do it I felt surprisingly calm🙂

• 3 weeks later...

Passed the test this week at 57 years 

Went back to bikes after having a Gsx 250 30 years ago but only ever had a provisional licence here in Ireland

IBT is 18 hrs but once completed you can go out on the road and lasts 2 years 

Have put about 20000 Km on the Versys

Passed the test in the wind and a bit of snow with 0 faults :-)

Edited by V650
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, V650 said:

Passed the test this week at 57 years 

Went back to bikes after having a Gsx 250 30 years ago but only ever had a provisional licence here in Ireland

IBT is 18 hrs but once completed you can go out on the road and lasts 2 years 

Have put about 20000 Km on the Versys

Passed the test in the wind and a bit of snow with 0 faults :-)

Well done 👍 

• Like 3

• 3 months later...

Hi all,

please can you help as I can’t seem to find this information myself. I recently passed my a2 and want to do my a1. I’m 39 so does it matter which a1 I take? Also does the £70 cover the bike hire For the test? Booking at colwick(Nottinghamshire).

thanks

Hiya @Urbanmonkey

Sounds like only the test has been paid for unless your bike school has said otherwise?

Here's a link to show the costs of test: https://www.gov.uk/driving-test-cost

Good luck with the test, the examiner (Dave) at Colwick is really lovely, I passed there!! 👍

9 hours ago, Urbanmonkey said:

Hi all,

please can you help as I can’t seem to find this information myself. I recently passed my a2 and want to do my a1. I’m 39 so does it matter which a1 I take? Also does the £70 cover the bike hire For the test? Booking at colwick(Nottinghamshire).

thanks

I'm confused why would you want to take an A1 test if you have an a2 licence as it's not necessary?

10 minutes ago, cloughie24 said:

Hiya @Urbanmonkey

Sounds like only the test has been paid for unless your bike school has said otherwise?

Here's a link to show the costs of test: https://www.gov.uk/driving-test-cost

Good luck with the test, the examiner (Dave) at Colwick is really lovely, I passed there!! 👍

I’m my madness I believed I could just take the test with out paying £800ish for the lessons. I mean every thing you are tested on you should already know.

16 hours ago, Urbanmonkey said:

Hi all,

thanks

You should be taking the A category licence. A2 is restricted which at 39 you don't need to do, just go to full fat. 

6 hours ago, Urbanmonkey said:

My bad I’ve done a1 need to take a2 but don’t want to pay £800+ for lessons 

As said above ^  Just do the A category as it is the same as A1/2. But you can ride any bike.
And it isn't £800+ for lessons if you already ride/think you can do it without them. A single lesson around £25-50ish depending where,

how long they do it for etc.. also the £70 I would have thought would include bike hire if Mod1 (mine was £55 inc. bike hire for mod 1, £125 inc bike hire for mod2).

6 hours ago, Urbanmonkey said:

My bad I’ve done a1 need to take a2 but don’t want to pay £800+ for lessons 

Just to be clear.. You have done your CBT and passed the theory test and completed mod 1 and mod 2 on a 125 motorcycle?

If the answer is yes and you want to ride a bigger bike then go for the category A licence

At the age of 39 I'm not sure why you bothered with going for the A1.

On 19/06/2022 at 23:12, Urbanmonkey said:

Hi all,

thanks

Depends where you are but the test fee doesn't include a bike you do that with a school.youll need to do a mod 1 and mod 2 to gain your A2 or a licence and won't get much change out of £800

• 5 months later...

Mod - 2 success. Against many odds I got through it today with 1 minor. Got to my instructors and the bike I have been learning on for two months has a fault so had to make do with a different bike altogether. Got to the test center having been soaked wet through from a biblical deluge across Birmingham. Instructor kept telling me to take my foot off the back brake otherwise it'll be a fail on the test (I put it down to not being familiar with the bike).  Examiner said he wants to go out on the route first on his own to see if the flooding would make it an unfair test. He came back and gave me the option to go-ahead or re-book at no cost. Obviously I went for it. Ten minutes in he said take your foot off the back brake. I shook my leg so he could see it wasn't me at fault. He stopped me and had a quick look and said the light is faulty. Anyway, we got on with it albeit he stayed further back there on in. Got back and he said common sense prevails and that I had passed with 1-minor. Hard to describe the elation but boy what a feeling :)

• Like 9

Congratulations,  it's a great feeling, isn't it? 

And fair play to the examiner, who could quite easily have failed you and gone inside to keep dry. I would be having words with the instructor and school though - but hey, you passed so who cares?😁

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Blackholesun said:

Brilliant 👍 what did you learn on and what did you pass on? I remember completely failing my car test years back when the same thing happened! 

I started on a Kawasaki ER6 and ended up on a Kawasaki Z650. It was a much newer and easier bike to ride if I'm honest. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...