Module 2 - members test experiences

Unfortuantely failed my mod 2, thought i failed alot earlier in my test than the 5 mins before the end of it lol! :evil:

Struggled to hear the examinor when we got seperated and that happened almost immediately at the begenning. I think he thought i was trying to blag it that i couldnt hear him, the unguided riding was the first thing i did and i he told me where to head towards and i didnt have a clue.

Bit of a shakey ride as a whole but i failed on roundabout positioning, 3 lanes on approach, left only, straight and right. i was going straight and he said i was too over to the right whilst on the round about but moved over as exiting but was too late. It didnt help that i came onto it in too high a gear so was a bit sluggish.

Maybe next time!

hm passed mod 1 on 3rd attempt, first two times i failed cuz i touched my foot down on figure of 8 , and secondly i did nt make a lifesaver check on U-turn,

well failed mod2 cuz i kept my indicator on for long time and did nt realize and second time on round about didnt give any indicators,

now i have booked again mod 2 , my test is on 6 july friday 2012, i have bought indicator buzzers from ebay, so i know indicators are on,, :(

If you have a tendency to leave an indicator on its worth getting in the habit of 'pressing it off' again as a make sure check....(Then if you had missed it it wouldn't be on for long)

• 3 weeks later...

passed my mod 2 on monday, its been a bit of a haul over the last 2 months to get through. so glad i did it before the new rules come into affect, such a relief.

took it at greenham newbury, 2nd time, found the motorbike examinors to be alot more friendly than the car test. the guy remembered me and is a really friendly chap.

I realised yesterday that it was the same route as my 1st test but in reverse, it was around school finishing time and the roads near the schools were pretty busy. Few nervous moments when there were parked cars on the opposite side of the road and people were moving onto my side without giving way, thought i had failed as i just kept going and there were a couple of awkward moments.

Steep Hill start, couple of angled starts, thought i might tool the hill start but it was ok. Got 1 minor for lane positioning on a roundabout, which ironically i failed my first test on. When the roundabout has markings im fine, but when its blank i seem to move more into the middle like im in a car.... probably to used to that.

Glad i dont have to drive all the way from windsor to newbury again.

I passed Mod 2 yesterday. It was my first attempt so that added to the satisfaction.

The examiner followed me in a car because he said his bike had broken down. I didn't realise they used their own bikes so that was a surprise.

The mist that had been hanging around for a few days had lifted so that was good. I had one rider error which was was failing to see the 30 mph speed limit in time going from a 40 mph. I mentioned to him afterwards that the sign was partly covered by trees and he pointed out there was one on the other side of the road, which was fair enough.

Traffic was very light. I forgot to check the speed limit going from a main road into a side road so it might have been a 20 mph zone for all I know but luckily for me there was a learner car driver on a lesson in front of me and she/he was going slow enough for me to get away with either not going 30 mph in a 20 mph zone or if 20 mph was the correct speed, then that's what I was doing. :D

I did have one panic moment when he told me to follow the signs to the M11 south. I followed the signs no problem but when I got the a roundabout he told me to take the first exit, which I thought was the M11 :!: . I hesitated taking that exit, but eventually realised it was the A14 which leads to the M11. That was a temporary thought process error because I used to use those roads in my car frequently. I even managed 68 mph on my 125 which I was pleased with although I believe 100 kph (about 63 mph) is the requirement on a 125 cc Mod 2.

He didn't seem to notice the hesitation at the junction so all in all a very good experience for me which after failing the Mod 1 four times :oops: was a huge relief for me and my bank account.

I was a bit :o to hear those words,"I'm pleased to tell you that you've passed with 1 rider error, well done"

John

Well done :) and in time to avoid the 2013 license changes :-D

The instructors bikes are supplied by the dsa but are personal to each instructor, they take them home each day and don't share them. It's cheaper and safer than the dsa having to lock them up at the test centers! And each instructor can be safe and sound knowing they keep their bike tip top etc.

Well done :) and in time to avoid the 2013 license changes :-D

Indeed, and that's why I was so keen to get the test done before 13 Jan and before the weather turned really anti-motorbike which form what the forecast is telling us, won't be long now.

Now I've passed I'm thinking of taking it off the road until next spring. But not sure yet. I'm lucky to have the choice, I guess.

2 passes and posts in 1 week :D - i was trying my hardest to get it through before the rule change in 2013 on a 125 as well. to be honest i was getting really worried as the weathers started to turn nasty.

i passed mod 1 on my 3rd go, i failed fast time on emergency and 2nd time on the swerve, found the swerve to be the hardest on the 125.

.....i passed mod 1 on my 3rd go, i failed fast time on emergency and 2nd time on the swerve, found the swerve to be the hardest on the 125.

Three times Mod 1 for you and four for me. I wonder what the most attempts at Mod 1 is.

Does anyone know.

John

• 2 weeks later...

Passed mod 1 first time with a clean sheet on Monday so I was relatively confident and not as nervous as I usually am.Went through the usual show/tell questions then pulled out of the test centre.Instructor advised me to head towards York on the independent ride.All was going fine then he said to me "you need to be in the middle lane on your approach" that completely threw me because at the time there were only two lanes leading towards a roundabout.I swapped lanes three/four times as he became more irate with me,then as I approached the roundabout I see it breaks into three.If he had left me alone I would have been ok.This completely put me off and nerves then kicked in.Missed the national speed limit sign so didn't progress to 60 straight away,got there eventually when I realised.

Took me through a busy area and a 20 zone,that was ok but then he took me around every roundabout in the area.Arrived back at the test centre 50/50.Sat down whilst Paul completed his paperwork.The amount of writing he was doing was enough for me to realise that I'd failed before he gave me the dreaded words.

My issue was doing my life savers too late when turning right at roundabouts.Paul stated that I'd already committed to making the turn as I took the life saver.I didn't think I'd done anything different from my lesson before hand.Anyway it's a fail,I'm totally gutted and have had the confidence knocked out of me.Retest in two weeks,If I fail that then it's next year for me. :crybaby:

Cheers Stu,yes he did.I was under the impression that he shouldn't offer advice during the independent riding bit,If he'd said nothing I would have been fine but he totally threw me.The life savers at the roundabouts I suppose I have to take onboard but my instructor didn't pick it up.

Gutted!! :cry: :crybaby:

At least you've sorted out another go in 2 weeks, sure you'll be fine next time now you know what to expect

Chin up, get some practise and good luck for the next go :)

Gutted!! :cry: :crybaby:

At least you've sorted out another go in 2 weeks, sure you'll be fine next time now you know what to expect

Chin up, get some practise and good luck for the next go :)

Thanks mate. :cheers:

Hi Levante

I know what you mean about being put off by instructions.The day before my Mod 2 my trainer twice gave me confusing instructions and acknowledged it later.

Sorry you didn't pass but better luck next time.

John

I can't say for sure but I heard that you can't fail for taking the wrong turns. If you're in the wrong lane just take the wrong turn. Last minute lane changes are a fail I think???

I can't say for sure but I heard that you can't fail for taking the wrong turns. If you're in the wrong lane just take the wrong turn. Last minute lane changes are a fail I think???

Yes you can't fail for the wrong turn, or a missed turn.

A late change can be a minor depending how late it is and if you do the correct procedure.

I got a minor on my car test for exactly that, forgot the instructor said turn right at the roundabout, and left it a bit late to get in the right hand lane, but still completed safely.

Sorry to hear about your failure.

Easy to say but their's always another day.

Don't forget in any driving test be it bike,car,bus or truck,the main priority is safety.

Keep that in mind and your well on your way.

Cheers.I think I'm a fairly safe rider,instructor says I'm a little too cautious at times,just gonna go for it next time. :twisted:

I know,you never know if you're doing the right thing.I hit a roundabout which was packed with traffic,didn't want to pull out between cars so I stayed at the junction and waited,examiner pulled round me and into the traffic then waved me through (not good) when I told my instructor he asked what I would have done out on my own,I said I'd have gone for it,his reply was go for it then.I suppose I'm better off trying to do my own ride rather than trying to tick boxes.

the trick is at roundabouts like that is to get out and loose the examiner less time for him to watch you then :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Good one lol,he did tell me though if I lost him I would need to pull over in a safe place and wait for him.Going to practice every roundabout around the test routes for the next two weeks.